Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia – Campaign Map Reveal

1235»

Comments

• Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Posts: 353Registered Users
    KGpoopy said:

Did you guys know Christmas is pagan. Kind of ironic.

:/ :/ :/
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Posts: 765Registered Users
    I hoped for more Region divisions.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users

I hoped for more Region divisions.

What do you mean? There are 227 regions?
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • EfixEfix Posts: 258Registered Users
    When is the next update I'm dying for more news argg
  • Warmancr1Warmancr1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I really like how everything is going i hope they keep legendary lords in, and maybe add in some missions from allies that we would have to complete for them to join a confederation so that way we have to do more to earn them to join us instead of just showing strength and power.
  • HostiliusHostilius Posts: 1Registered Users
    It's only a dot of blue on the map, but if the water between Steanford and Ligeraceaster is meant to be Rutland Water then oops. Europe's largest man-made lake was opened in 1976.

Anyway, here's my take. Empire Divided was ho-hum and the jury's out on Three Kingdoms, so fingers crossed CA gives Thrones the dev time it needs. Attila was the best historical TW game to date and everything Rome 2 should have been. Selecting suitable brides to breed the best bloodlines, upgrading dead-end settlements to walled towns that could hold off three full stacks of Huns, and some inspired DLC all added depth, variety and, consequently, replayability/value.

So, if CA really is listening, deadlines are deadlines and SEGA/finances call the shots, but we've all seen the damage unfinished games do to reputations. Eventually, all those blue dots add up. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling happy to wait a while longer if it means a polished product in the end.

• GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    227 regions on the campaign map, does that make it the biggest campaign to date?

227 regions on the campaign map, does that make it the biggest campaign to date?

Mortal Empires has 294. I think the Vortex campaign has 224ish. But outside of Warhammer, possibly. Certainly more than Rome 2, which had 180ish I think. Of course settlements have changed a bit since, but it's still impressive.
  • KregenKregen Member Posts: 483Registered Users
    Mr lusted,

Have you considered mixed unit formations with first two ranks swords and one hande axes with shields. Then third/fourth rank long axe or spears.
    Mattzo said:

Mortal Empires has 294. I think the Vortex campaign has 224ish. But outside of Warhammer, possibly. Certainly more than Rome 2, which had 180ish I think. Of course settlements have changed a bit since, but it's still impressive.
    Bigger is not always better I personally dislike mortal Empire because of the insane end turn time and the fps drop vs the vortex or the first Warhammer game.
  • Flames_of_snowFlames_of_snow Posts: 1Registered Users
    I wonder if we'll get enough different unit for a long game which isn't became boring after 20 hours or smth. Bc we have just about 5 cultures on a big map.

I wonder if we'll get enough different unit for a long game which isn't became boring after 20 hours or smth. Bc we have just about 5 cultures on a big map.

Usless comment go back to warhammer forum
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Posts: 46Registered Users
    this game not buy,because is a copy of attila.
    If CA had taken total war saga more seriously, I would have made a good game.
    with this map and appropriate graphically to the time, they would have made an original and interesting game of an untreated time of pike and muskets,on the english civil war.
    with historical events and dilemmas such as the creation of the new parliamentary army or the possible help of scotland to the king, among many other events.
    with all the historical generals of that war, emblematic and famous generals like Cromwell.
    historical regiments with their emblems and historical uniforms.
    the combat mechanics of that time.
    a game where CA could implement a realistic manpower and supply lines, importance of strategic cities and cities where key products are manufactured for war as food weapons and the importance of ports like bristol
    equipment purchases for troops as weapons.
    with a good AI,epoch music and good fighting sound like muskets, cannons and other battle sounds.
    a game of the english civil war in total war saga is perfect.

You clearly don't understand what a saga game is, and posting identical posts in multiple threads is just annoying.
  • alstlalstl Member Posts: 313Registered Users

this game not buy,because is a copy of attila.

We haven't seen much gameplay yet in terms of combat but what we have seen clearly is not a copy of Attila. The tech tree is changed. Units recruited in places distant from primary resources are not full strength. Armies require and consume resources.

Based upon what I've see so far this is a major step toward realism.
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 858Registered Users

Sadly the italian version (following video on youtube) of the game was translated with all the names of the playable factions in Modern english or Italian. They lost a little the point of why they are called with ancients names... Maybe they thought that for a non english playerbase it was a too strange naming, sad news. At least seems that the name of the places are the same.....