Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ranking all LL's in strength in game

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Hello fellow total war fans and gamers!

I thought it would be fun to make a list of ALL legendary lords in power with rank 1, obvious, the strongest Lord.

This will make for some fun interaction with eachother and discussions;) let's see if we could ever agree on this and make a list where most people will be happy with and agree with. Because I haven't encounter a list of ALL legendary lords. Of course there are MANY MANY MANY aspects to define such lords and there rank .. but let's try anyways!

Let's first discuss the top 5 before we move on.. this way it makes it a bit more doable.

Top 5 :

1. -- ?
2. -- ?
3. -- ?
4. -- ?
5. -- ?

I will keep the list updated and sometimes, if this is going to work out, we have to move on and agree with the previous list. Here are all the CURRENT legendary lords :

Let's start ..

I am not completely known with ALL lords .... to my best of abilities I would see this as my personal top 5 ..... in strenght .. Of course, I don't know all legendary lords in and out.. so that is why we do this together ;)

I think King Louen deserves a spot in the top 5, he can't route , kills so many enemies alone while on his powerful mount Beaquis and because of the blessing of the lady he truly is a powerful tank too. A tank who can kill efficient... NICE !

Now I think we can all agree that Meleketh and Mannfred deserve a place in the top 5 too ... melee, magic, can't hold themself... it is insane ! The emperor maybe ?? Not sure... Lord Mazdamundi ... but in with order they should be I don't know ... what do you guys think ?? Let me know. Let's see if we can make the first top 5 before we move on to the top 10 !

This thread has no real purpose, more to communicate with eachother and share our love for this game together !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
Post edited by DarkLordD on
Tagged:

Comments

• AnothaGit#1778AnothaGit#1778 Registered Users Posts: 309
    I am not sure that is the best way to go about it. Maybe add a full list of LLs and have everyone divide them into good/avarage/bad. Or just nominate LLs for said groups?
  • steam_164191850448yoMgfCpsteam_164191850448yoMgfCp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,157
    game or lore? better add that to the title I suggest

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    Taurox NUMBER 1 :)
  • CheshireCat1CheshireCat1 Registered Users Posts: 26
    You shouldve made a poll and see where it goes from there...
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,476
    Hmmm, well, I'll have a go!

1. Kholek
    2. Kroq-Gar (Grimlock)
    3. Manfred (dragon) - as I think his magic flexibility puts him over 4
    4. Malakith (Serephon)
    5. ........... not sure, so many possible entries on this list; Maz (Zlakk), Orion, Durthu, Vlad, Fay, Tyrion could all be on it (and more besides!).

Perhaps a split between Pure Melee and Hybrid would be more easy to do?
  • KandennKandenn Registered Users Posts: 504
    Lord lv1 or lv40? With item? With mount?

If lvl 40 i think tyrion is probably number 1

If we take mount, then i would like To see wulfrick on his mammoth vs tyrion or malekith.

Kholek obviously deserve a good place.
  • konokonokonokono Registered Users Posts: 300
    How about:

- Single player
    - Level 40, yellow specs only (so as to debate the lords and not their armies)
    - All quest items equipped
    - Tier list instead of ranks

• GLR476GLR476 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 233
    edited December 2017
    I think you need 2 different top 5 lists; One for Melee power and another for magic. A lot of lords like Malkeith blend both while Teclis and Tyrion specialize. Balacing the hyrbid, melee, and magic lords on 1 list seems to hard.

Going from the LORE it should be this I think.

Melee Lords Top 5: (also I am NOT counting their mounts)
    1. Archaon (Grimgor only beat him after he was wounded and tired from multiple other fights, not a real 1v1)
    2. Tyrion (Aenarion reborn, basically the perfect elfish melee fighter)
    3. Grimgor (Cuz grimgor da best!)
    4. Thorgrim
    5. Queek

I thought the melee ones were harder to rank. Admittedly I have the dwarf above Queek because of end times... damn it. I just didn't know how Queek compare to Karl Franz and Leoncour but those guy are really scariest on their mounts while Queek is just a melee bad ass and doesn't need a mount. And like I said i was going to consider them all dismounted melee lords. Who is best in a 1v1 foot duel.

Magic Lords Top 5:
    1. Mazdamundi
    2. Teclis
    3. Morathi (inventor of dark magic, dark elf witch with serious deamonic pacts)
    4. Malekeith
    5. Fay Enchantress? (ancient high elven magical spirit)

kroq gar on his mount has to be way up there.

he's a cost effective beast in ground combat.

like you could probably make a dragon lord worth their cost, but it takes some smart breadth deploys and good disengages

Krok and Kholek definitely on top
  • Pray#3234Pray#3234 Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    In 1v1 Mazdamudi is not good but vs army Mazdamundi definitely number1
  • robdougherty1984robdougherty1984 Registered Users Posts: 285
    Not sure on order, but I'd say Kholek, Mannfred, Malekith, Mazdamundi and Azhag were the top 5 most effective LL's I've used between both games in campaign. (900 hrs TW1, 250 hrs TW2)
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    AnothaGit said:

I am not sure that is the best way to go about it. Maybe add a full list of LLs and have everyone divide them into good/avarage/bad. Or just nominate LLs for said groups?

I like that ! Good idea

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    blaat said:

game or lore? better add that to the title I suggest

True ;) done now :)

You shouldve made a poll and see where it goes from there...

I want that but how do y ou do that ;) ??

Thanks !

Goatforce said:

1. Kholek
    2. Kroq-Gar (Grimlock)
    4. Malakith (Serephon)
    5. ........... not sure, so many possible entries on this list; Maz (Zlakk), Orion, Durthu, Vlad, Fay, Tyrion could all be on it (and more besides!).

Haha it would yes haha .... hmmm ... thinking as well how we can organize this haha.

Thanks for yoir post ! Mannfred. I am lretty sure he will be in the top 5 ;) and Kholek too ! Never used him .... its A shame so many people seem to praise him for his awesomeness !

DarkLordD said:

Goatforce said:

1. Kholek
    2. Kroq-Gar (Grimlock)
    4. Malakith (Serephon)

Haha it would yes haha .... hmmm ... thinking as well how we can organize this haha.

Thanks for yoir post ! Mannfred. I am lretty sure he will be in the top 5 ;) and Kholek too ! Never used him .... its A shame so many people seem to praise him for his awesomeness !
    Well, to my knowledge Kholek is the only Lord who can beat Krok in a 1v1 fight (not counting magical aid)
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    Mazda>All....Until Settra arrives at least.xD
  • Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,626
    edited December 2017
    For me it's:

1. Kholek
    2. Archaon
    3. Tyrion
    4. Malekith
    5. Vlad

Tbh tho, a tier list makes more sense. Those aforementioned top 5's are "top tier" LLs, but so are Grimgor, Louen, Mannfred, Kroq Gar, Mazdamundi, Wulfrik (when on mammoth- are we counting him?) etc.
  • PappyTron#8042PappyTron#8042 Registered Users Posts: 1,162
    Grombrindal, when he activates Flash Bang + his axe can cause whole armies to rout and can chop down any lord in a few seconds. However, he has a terrible habit of getting knocked onto his back and getting stun-locked.

For the top lord it has to be either Tyrion or Kholek due to their stacking resistances.
    "Back in the sweatshop in Ulthuan, we found an Elf, we tossed it right in the soup. Those hungry bastards ate Elf soup every day. What's the worst thing that could happen? Some little snotling chokes on a hairball and dies? So then you toss him in the soup. I was making money hand over foot, literally. Some gobbo lost a hand or a foot, I'd toss it in the soup" - Grom
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,868
    If we're talking campaign there are still two who are above and beyond the rest.

1. Grombrindal - dat blue tree and ancestor buffs.
    2. Vlad - dat vanguard deployment and starting with blood knights.

My next 3 would have to be:

3. Louen
    4. Tyrion
    5. Kroq-gar
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • AnothaGit#1778AnothaGit#1778 Registered Users Posts: 309
    Funny to see the different suggestions to order them. I don't like the yellow line only idea because for me it is about the combinations and i do like playing around with Magic lords.

Have to check out Grombrindal i see.

In the spoiler i put a list of names for those who would want to try the groupsorting.

Khazrak the One-Eye
    Malagor the Dark Omen
    Morghur the Shadowgrave

Alberic de Bordeleaux
    Louen Leoncour
    The Fay Enchantress

Archeon the Everchosen
    Kholek Suneater
    Sigvald the Magnificent

Queek Headtaker
    Lord Skrolk

Morathi
    Malekith

Belegar Ironhammer
    Grombrindal the White Dwarf
    Ungrim Ironfist

Balthasar Gelt
    Karl-Franz
    Volkmar the Grim

Azhag the Slaugterer
    Grimgor Ironhide
    Wurrzag da Great Green Propher
    Skarsnik

Teclis
    Tyrion

Lord Mazdamundi
    Kroq-Gar

Heinrich Kemmler
    Manfred von Carstein
    Helman Ghorst

Isabella von Carstein
    Vlad von Carstein

Orion
    Durthu

Wulfrik the Wanderer
    Throgg

• antigonusoneeyeantigonusoneeye Registered Users Posts: 237
    Vlad and Issy together are mean, and orion with all the army buffs that apply to him as well can get insane. that said, a lot of lords are good for individual things. Morathi, for example, can take most fortresses with only a few units to help her thanks to her spell selection and debuffs, but no one would put her near the top of the list. Teclis is great for his faction, as net and cheap chain lightning go very well with hails of arrows. but on his own, he is pretty weak. Queek is an amazing assassin but would die quickly to a couple swordmaster batallions.

point being, we need a tier list and for it to be holistic, including value as support, raw damage, single model damage, utility, and campaign buffs. including all of that, I'd say Kroq takes the cake for me.