Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.
I recently got a new PC, with the following specs, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U With Vega Mobile Gfx, 8gb Ram, WINDOWS 10.
After much troubleshooting, I have been unable to play Rome II. When starting the game through the steam library and clicking "play," next to the game it says "running" for a short time, then "syncing," then goes idle again.
Below I will list the steps that I have taken that have not worked so far:
1). Attempted to start up game normally through steam.
2) I attempted to start up the game in compatibility mode (attempted both windows 7 and windows 8 compatibility mode).
3) I attempted to start up steam in compatibility mode (both W7 and W8).
4) I then attempted both steam, and the game in compatibility mode (W7 and 8).
5) I used the "%appdata%" method to delete the Rome 2 file in app data.
6) I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
7) I set the game to French language, let the update download, then set it back to English.
I have started up other games without a problem with steam so it appears to be an issue with Rome. If anybody could be of assistance, it would be much appreciated!!