Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign Map balance (AI armies escaping several times)

KrafKraf Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
The Player can retreat ones if a second engagement follows in the same round he´s not abel to flee.
So he must fight if he los the Army is lost and gone.

The AI instead can flee from every fight as long as some Units manage to escape from the battel map.
Ther are a lot of fast Units.

Is this on purpose to make the game more difficult?

Comments

• PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    Kraf said:

The Player can retreat ones if a second engagement follows in the same round he´s not abel to flee.
    So he must fight if he los the Army is lost and gone.

The AI instead can flee from every fight as long as some Units manage to escape from the battel map.
    Ther are a lot of fast Units.

Did you kill the enemy lord in any of those battles? if i remember correctly, the rule is that a lord can escape once per turn. So, if you kill the enemy lord, this meter resets, and the enemy can escape more times per turn.

• KrafKraf Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    Didn´t check it yet. But lets assume you´r right.
    That would mean i get a greater benifit from not killing a army leader two engagement in a row because after the second fight the army will fall apart.

Lets get a step farther:
    So killing the leader let the rest of the army choose a new one and allow them to flee again.
    Now they are able to flee out of range, reenforce or come up with marching armys to counter attack.

Question: If the player let his Hero die on purpose in a fight can the rest of the army flee and survive more than once?

edited January 2018
    No idea. Haven't tried it.

And i don't remeber either if it happened always whenever you killed a lord, only sometimes, or if there were certain conditions for it to happen, such as only happening if you killed him in the first battle, or only if you killed him on the second one or something like that.
    Post edited by Pocman on
    Happens every time to me. So I guess I check out on what conditions.
  • ricmornricmorn Posts: 205Registered Users
    A good way to kill off armies in campaign for good is to manual the first fight, then auto-resolve the 2nd after their retreat. The auto resolve on an army that has spent a retreat should kill it off completely.
    edited January 2018
    I´m aware of this solution.
    I like to play my battles self.
    This is forcing me to auto solve the second battle or to play with the consequence.

So therefor my question in the first place:

Nobody else bugged by that ´´issue´´?
    It's supposed to be a bug, and i thought it was already solved.