Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Welcome to the TotalWar Fan Fiction forum!!!

Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior MemberToronto, CanadaPosts: 5,917Registered Users
edited October 2014 in Community Content
I think the title of this thread pretty much says it all.

I'd like to point out to all of you that there are a few additional rules for this forum given it's nature. Please take the time to read through them so that you will make everyone's lives a bit easier.

This forum was a highlight of the Yuku forum, and hopefully it will flourish here with new writers. It is up to all of you to determine if this forum is a success and will continue, or not.

Enjoy and have fun folks!!! smokin.gif
My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
Post edited by Ace_Blazer on

Comments

• Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    It may be pertinent to draw some attention to a particular paragraph bundled in the middle of the many legalistic terms of use, though it could be just a legal formality with no actual effect on this section:
    Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega, including but not limited to, player rankings, chat and message board postings, and profile information, beta test feedback, beta test opinions, and beta test strategies becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to display, modify, distribute, reproduce, use for promotional purposes, or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice. Further, as the sole owner of all such feedback, opinions, and strategies, Sega may elect to utilize such information and to make changes or improvements based on that information without any payment or consideration of any kind to the party who first provided the information.
  • SaYyıdSaYyıd Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    :) sounds like a nice forum section.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited December 2010
    For the record, CA does acknowledge fan fiction:

"Creative Assembly saw all the people on their forums writing after-action reports that read like wonderful stories and decided that they wanted to help craft these narratives.", IGN UK, December 2, 2010
  • Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    Yay, we matter!
  • bennywhisebennywhise Senior Member Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Indeed, a RTW2 would be one hell of a game
    maybe even try to integrate more of Rome's history in it, from beginning to the end
    I know it is a lot of work and all, but if anyone can pull it off, it's CA
    "Sir, the enemy is coming from everywhere. You will be surrounded."
    "We are airborne, we're supposed to be."

Oderint dum metuant
    edited January 2011
    There is a better place for this discussion. And a special level in hell for spammers, kaspera.
  • ZakarZakar Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Rome 2 would be a good game but also China total war or something like that.
    The factions for China total war could be China, The mongolians, Korea and maybe a united Japan.
    The time setting could be medieval or the 19th century where you could fight the opium war.
    just a thought. They've never done it and it will assure the fans the CA still has fresh ideas or they go with fan-service by making Rome 2.
  • IquabakanerIquabakaner Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    China total war with China owning 3/4 of the map and other countries in the edge? Not a very good period....
    Unless it's when China wasn't united.
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    i was thinking more of a 20th century total war where you can command any nation from 1900 and play to 2000. new technologies will come along like nuclear power, warfare stuff like tanks, planes and warships that can all be coordinated in one battle. the idea of rewriting 20th century history is sooooo cool. imagine over 100,000 men in one army including tanks, massive artillery bombardments and huge devestation!!!!! i really want SEGA to make such a game but it would soooooooo complicated and the game would be HUGE!!!
    edited April 2011
    i was thinking more of a 20th century total war where you can command any nation from 1900 and play to 2000. new technologies will come along like nuclear power, warfare stuff like tanks, planes and warships that can all be coordinated in one battle. the idea of rewriting 20th century history is sooooo cool. imagine over 100,000 men in one army including tanks, massive artillery bombardments and huge devestation!!!!! i really want SEGA to make such a game but it would soooooooo complicated and the game would be HUGE!!!

You can find more ideas about next TW game here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/172-Thoughts-on-the-Next-Total-War-Game
  • saharasahara Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    China total war with China owning 3/4 of the map and other countries in the edge? Not a very good period....
    Unless it's when China wasn't united.

yeah cause all the other countries would had bad land and china took what they wanted and left the rest to everyone else

But the weapons would be amazing if you think of it. there would be hwotra (i don't know how to spell it) and other gunpowder weapons. also there could be a lot of trade areas and the map would be huge since there would also be
    Russia. this means that there could be the silk road trade area which would be interesting. Elephants and things like that would be used as well but they would freak out.:)
  • saharasahara Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    The fighting would not be very good since there would be trench warfare which would mean that if u attacked, you would be slaughtered and then gorilla warfare would mean that you would not fight many battles against some factions and your army would slowly diminish without you doing anything.
  • dilandilandilandilan Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    that is really great.........
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Political Science.
  • Der KavalierDer Kavalier Junior Member PrussiaPosts: 6Registered Users
    I don't know about your German, but here is my idea presentation for a total war game set in the 19th century:

Greetings
  • Rickkie9Rickkie9 Posts: 1Registered Users
    China sounds great and all have been thinking about that too and would leave a lot of history lessons for the crew ( enclopydia)

Ww1 era ( sure awesome)

But what about the dutch in the 80 years war with spain ?

Think about it we dutch realy left a footprint im history wether it whas china or the future of the americas
    ( we colonized new york btw)

We fought the spanish not in our own small country but also on the far corners of the earth.

We had political problems like the luthars church ( or protestants ) not sure how to pronounce
    And the catholic church.

We were sureounded by nations like england, germany and france so politcal allies were essential

We used our windmills not only for economic purpuses but for military purposes as well. We used out windmills to make farmlands out of swampy lands but also the reverse to fill entire flatlands with water. This would make a siege very difficult as that the besiegers would get flooded and siege equipment hard to use. ( this was at cost of our own farmlands and villagers though bcs that would get flooded too. ( im sure it would make an interesting campaign feature.