Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mac Players: Have any of you felt a drop in performance recently?

docjohnson1451docjohnson1451 Senior MemberPosts: 207Registered Users
After the new Mac Update (sort of) fixed the glowing campaign map issue, performance in-game has become random. Battles and the campaign map were running quite smoothly for some time, but recently my game has become stricken with frequent freezing leading to battles becoming almost unplayable for me. I was curious if others were facing these issues as well.

Comments

• cheesesburger619cheesesburger619 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have the same issue. Battles work fine as long as my units away from the enemies, but as soon as I engage the game starts freezing (1- 10 second) intervals. The sound works and mouse during the freeze lapse but nothing else does. However if I play in strategic mode (overview) the freezing stops.

I'm running a late 2015 MacBook pro. I'm guessing its my intel 6100 graphics card.
    I'm also running the game in a window and at its lowest resolution.
    that's so strange!!!

I put the resolution on Ultra and the game back on full screen and the game runs smooth!
  • docjohnson1451docjohnson1451 Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    What graphic settings are you running on? I have the same Mac as you and I've been fiddling with the graphic settings and still getting intervals of freezing.
  • docjohnson1451docjohnson1451 Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    Playing around with the resolution quality, I've been able to get custom battles to run fine yet quest and campaign battles still freeze often. Performance quality has been up and down since the last update and this periodic freezing only arose a week or two ago.
  • amelandameland Posts: 3Registered Users
    Seems there are a plethora of threads across Mac and PC users bemoaning the performance issues. I have a late 2015 MacBook Pro and the game worked like a charm on low settings ever since release; just recently the game is basically unplayable. Tried a few fixes, nothing helps. There doesn't seem to be any kind of official response to these issues whatsoever...but clearly something as changed as it can't be pure coincidence that so many seem to be experiencing the same problems.

Anyone have any ideas at all? Frustrating to say the least!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited July 2018
    Nothing on the Mac devs' site? http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file