Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Announcing a New Total War Era

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
edited January 2018 in News and Announcements

Comments

• SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 655Registered Users
  • JarcaddyJarcaddy Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,453Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Why are Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal not featured?
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    I see your tiny horseman! Asian aesthetic is clear!

CHINA/MONGOL HYYYYPE

EDIT: CA surrendered to the hype train and dropped trailer! 3 KINGDOMS HYYYYPE
    Post edited by mw51630 on
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,566Registered Users
    TW China/Asian it is...

since i'm pretty sure that is the Aral lake we are seeing...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • JarcaddyJarcaddy Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    Well, China is cool. Was really hoping for Empire 2 set in Victorian age but whatever, good things come to those that wait right.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    If it's 3 kingdoms China I sure hope the Generals are individual units like Warhammer and not Bodyguard units like previous total wars.

That'd make for some fun Strategy/Dynasty Warriors action.

EDIT: IT'S 3 KINGDOMS!
  • Isik59Isik59 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Maybe Total wars colonization ? A lot territories, power and the most modern total war ! :)
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    Lu Bu Facing off vs Guan Yu and Zhang Fei!
  • Gabs88Gabs88 Junior Member Posts: 247Registered Users
    The horseman symbol seems to be a Chinese/Mongol rider too.

To be fair I am quite worried about the faction variety.

Nevertheless we know nothing, so I hope I am wrong
    3 kingdoms it is...
  • Isik59Isik59 Posts: 2Registered Users
    mw51630 said:

I see your tiny horseman! Asian aesthetic is clear!

CHINA/MONGOL HYYYYPE

You have reason
    Seems like that duels between single heroes will be important, maybe CA questions in that survey are not unrelated to that...
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Three Kingdoms China.

Interesting, but I am also disappointed. I don't find the time period particularly exciting, there doesn't seem a natural faction variety to make up for that , and there are suggestions there are story gimmicks like 1 man units. Fine for Warhammer, not for history. Quite surprised too really, not sure how much global interest there'd be in such a game.

I'll still probably buy it, but thank God for Thrones of Britannia.

Fingers crossed for Total War: Renaissance next.

Edit: In fairness, the trailer is swaying me a bit! Still Thrones > Renaissance > Three Kingdoms, but I'll definitely still buy Three Kingdoms.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Any issues, disappointments et al that I may have had with the recent Total War games are all forgotten.

Bring on the special edition for pre-order. My mother's credit card is ready.

I expected (and hoped) for this after I read about the extra focus on characters in one of the blogs. (Romance of the) Three Kingdoms lends itself perfectly to character-centric gameplay with its huge cast of fascinating and articulated characters.

There is room for unit variety, compared to Shogun at least, if the various indigenous tribes, surrounding "barbarians" etc from Romance are in the map. And I expect we will see extravagant and game-changing tactics (again, its all there in Romance) in play specific to particular warlords and factions, which will add further variety and open up new ways to play, even if units are same-ish.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,765Registered Users
    Is this the Black Ops team's work or is the legitimately the next Historical title?
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 224Registered Users
    Mattzo said:

Three Kingdoms China.

Interesting, but I am also disappointed. I don't find the time period particularly exciting, there doesn't seem a natural faction variety to make up for that , and there are suggestions there are story gimmicks like 1 man units. Fine for Warhammer, not for history. Quite surprised too really, not sure how much global interest there'd be in such a game.

Edit: In fairness, the trailer is swaying me a bit! Still Thrones > Renaissance > Three Kingdoms, but I'll definitely still buy Three Kingdoms.

So you didn't enjoy Shogun much?
  • IBlewAFuseIBlewAFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,389Registered Users

Is this the Black Ops team's work or is the legitimately the next Historical title?

This is the next Historical title. The "Black ops" team is the one doing Thrones of Britannia.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    MrDarth0 said:

Mattzo said:

Three Kingdoms China.

So you didn't enjoy Shogun much?
    Not really. Was very well made, and I liked much of it, I just couldn't get into it.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    I know little on Chinese history, but Shogun 2 stands as the cleanest, prettiest and timeless TW game IMO.

Will definitely buy if sieges are given their fair shake!
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    I feared that the "HEROES" gimmick would show its ugly head again in the historical setting. ALAS.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 655Registered Users
    This came out of nowhere! I wasn't expecting the Saga and the main historical title to come out this year.

I think we're getting content overload, we have Warhammer 2, Saga and Three Kingdoms all coming out in the span of 12 months, that's a bit overwhelming. More time in between titles would be better, in my opinion, very few people have time to play all three games at the same time.

I'm interested in the setting though, because we finally get to visit a part of the world the have never seen before in any Total War title. I hope the game turns out to be great. Really excited for the game, but also a bit worried about so much content! :D
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    Would have preferred the 7 kingdoms/warring states era, but this is also nice.

HYPE
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,209Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Hoping for new game-engine!
  • thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Posts: 1,929Registered Users
  • RebeccaRedRebeccaRed Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    Slightly disappointed as I wanted Empire 2/Victoria TW as I feel we've had more than enough swords in recent years with Shogun, Rome II, Attila, Warhammer all after Napoleon and no other dedicated Musket game since.
  • NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 550Registered Users
    Shouldn't this be on TW Saga? Isn't It a small period of time with few nations or just one culture?

If It's covers all Asia (Korea, Japan, Mongolia, India, etc.) then It's fine, otherwise It would be deficient from my point of view.

We will see.

• Sir_Nicholas_AltmannSir_Nicholas_Altmann Senior Member Split, Dalmatia, CroatiaPosts: 2,132Registered Users
    This seems a good choice now. But I hope next one will be musket era game.
    WITHOUT DREAMS WE WALK AMONG THE DEAD
  • RollinsRollins Posts: 18Registered Users
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    Hype,Hype all around,Thank god its not Europe again
    i really wish they don't go fantasy side too much from the book

Balance Is A Lie