Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which pc setup is better for the price??

Djon1Djon1 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 73
edited January 11 in Technology Discussion
Hello,

Need Some advice on which pc build to buy.
Both are second hand but are only max 2 months old with receipt and guarantee.
I’m mostly interesses in playing TW games. Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attilla and Warhammer.
Which pc is a better bang for the buck??

SilverStone Big Tower 6 fans
SilverStone 600W ATX
2 x 240 GB HyperX Fury SSD
1 x 16GB DDR4 HyperX Fury Black
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 WRAITH Core
MSI Nividia GTX 1060 6GB
MSI Mortar B350M

For a price of €750,-

Or

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 845 3,5GHz / max. 3,8GHz (quad core)
AMD Boxed Processorcooler
8GB DDR3 1600MHz max. 16GB
EVGA Geforce GTX1050TI 4GB
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
ATX Midi-Tower
500watt

For €450,-

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

Comments

• A_MushroomA_Mushroom Registered Users Posts: 188
    GO WITH THE RYZEN! That thing alone explains halve the price difference and is very very nice. Rocking a Ryzen 7 myself ^^
  • DeadratDeadrat Registered Users Posts: 5
    If you are going to play games on it the 1050TI goes out the window right there so no point even pondering about the second option.
  • Djon1Djon1 Member Registered Users Posts: 73

GO WITH THE RYZEN! That thing alone explains halve the price difference and is very very nice. Rocking a Ryzen 7 myself ^^

Is the price of €750,- ok for a used pc sinds August 2017?
    So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
    edited January 11
    Djon1 said:

Well I don't know where you're from but I'm from Holland and from what I could find:
    SilverStone Big Tower 6 fans = 150 (With discount from 250)
    SilverStone 600W ATX = 104
    2 x 240 GB HyperX Fury SSD = 108 (*2 = 216)
    1 x 16GB DDR4 HyperX Fury Black = 203
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 WRAITH Core = 185
    MSI Nividia GTX 1060 6GB = 350
    MSI Mortar B350M = 86

That's 1186 euro's = 1400 dollars. The PC is about 6 months old and the nice thing about PC's is you can easily replace parts if needed. So I'd say 750 more than fine. If you have doubts about quality maybe you could ask to play a few battles before buying.

Djon1 said:

Well I don't know where you're from but I'm from Holland and from what I could find:
    MSI Mortar B350M = 86

That's 1186 euro's = 1400 dollars. The PC is about 6 months old and the nice thing about PC's is you can easily replace parts if needed. So I'd say 750 more than fine. If you have doubts about quality maybe you could ask to play a few battles before buying.
    He over-clocked it. How big is the risk that something is wrong? Taking in account the pc beeing 6 months old
    Djon1 said:

Djon1 said:

MSI Mortar B350M = 86

He over-clocked it. How big is the risk that something is wrong? Taking in account the pc beeing 6 months old
    You can always un-overclock it :P Just find a youtube vid like this and set the values to the default. If you have little faith in your capabilities ask the seller to do if for an extra 20 bucks or go to a store. I think the general consensus is that a gaming PC will last about 3 years so 6 months shouldn't be a issue. BUT as a general rule for buying second hand, test the product so you won't get scammed.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 683
    For 750 ? That is a very nice price ! I am from the Netherlands, my pc costed me 2100 euro. I do have a GTX 1080 etc! But for 750 !? And only a few months old ? If it is in good condition, DO IT !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    DarkLordD said:

For 750 ? That is a very nice price ! I am from the Netherlands, my pc costed me 2100 euro. I do have a GTX 1080 etc! But for 750 !? And only a few months old ? If it is in good condition, DO IT !

Mwah Seller was lying about Alternate overclocking it he did it himself so the GPU has lost it;s guarantee.
    Plus it aint 2 months old like in his advertisement but 6. So I offerd him 600,-
    He got irritated and acted like he's from the ghetto when in fact he's a mama's boy butt o well. Would have gave him 675 for the rig.