Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Three Kingdoms - FAQ

2»

Comments

• hanskdrhanskdr Posts: 3Registered Users
    I've always really enjoyed tech-trees, and constructing and upgrading buildings. In more recent titles I feel like the building plots have been a bit too limited. Any information regarding building plots, building upgrades, unit upgrades and tech-trees? :)
  • alsaadialsaadi Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hello guys I have noticed that in all games Total War and the Diplomacy is very late and nothing is important and in essence that the Diplomacy is the basis of the advancement and fall I hope the improvement of diplomatic and make the sections of the example of coup planning and network spy and improve the trade and strengthen and make treachery among the Allies and I could instigate factions Attacking other factions without entering the war
  • ImperatorBeneditianImperatorBeneditian Posts: 4Registered Users
    alsaadi said:

Hello guys I have noticed that in all games Total War and the Diplomacy is very late and nothing is important and in essence that the Diplomacy is the basis of the advancement and fall I hope the improvement of diplomatic and make the sections of the example of coup planning and network spy and improve the trade and strengthen and make treachery among the Allies and I could instigate factions Attacking other factions without entering the war

Diplomacy in Total War titles has always been a bit of a joke comparatively (But definitely a forgivable one, after all, I don't think anyone would go into a Total War game planning to focus on negotiating). However I am totally in agreement with you --if this is indeed your opinion-- that Total War: Three Kingdoms is a perfect chance to introduce a revamped faction diplomacy system! If they are indeed instituting the commanders as singular units with the importance due to them then perhaps they will make dialogues and talks between rulers more impactful on the game. I would also hope for a few more options and opportunities within diplomacy. TBH, if they were listening I could ask for an abridged and bare bones brother to the Paradox Crusader Kings' Clausewitz engine made simple and tame enough not to draw the focus or eat away too much ram from the core game and the crown jewel of real-time battlefield commanding.
    "It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."
    Mr. Robert E. Lee
  • Lantern2814Lantern2814 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    I await for news on this tittle. The FAQ was indeed uninformative at best and gave no hint on what to expect other that is set on an ancient period in Chinese History. Britannia is out now, so is now the time to light the beacon?

This era had eunuchs, officials, spies ( in many shapes and roles) are we expecting something a la Thrones? Were your generals( or persons of worth) be assign to do these things. What about scholars and strategist, will they be retinue or characters that could be enhanced by buildings or tech? This game has the potential of having its very own mechanic with how things were done in Ancient China. We are talking about festivals, holidays, political process, seasons, terrain, weather (locusts, torrential rains, earthquakes, etc).
    So many things to explore...

Wait and see I guess
  • juliusameliusjuliusamelius Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    I hope this game allows gigantic peasant armies in this game .. thats atleast how the romance period was written.