Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Long Wait before Load Starts - Vampire counts only (ME)

fineasfineas Registered Users Posts: 13
edited January 13 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Whenever I play the Vampire Counts (Mannfred or Vlad) I get these overly long load times for battle. The loading bar just doesn't move for like 30 seconds and then it moves as normal.

What's weird is that this issue only happens with the Vampire Counts. Battles for all other factions (both WHI and WHII) load very fast.

Some other people have the issue: http://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/1483235412202250855/

Save files and modified log attached.
Post edited by fineas on

Comments

• fineasfineas Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited January 12
    Also this happens to every battles (siege/non siege). This loading bar just does not start after 30s and then start as normal. It's really bizarre as I think it's not that the loading is slow, but that it does not start at all. I have the game on SSD so it takes about 15s for all other factions.

I don't have any mods activated.
    Post edited by fineas on
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 100
    I've been getting this all the time since the first Chaos Invasion hotfix shortly after ME came out. It's not just a VC issue; it affects all WH1 battlemaps but doesn't always happen.

You can easily "fix" it by alttabing out and back into the game. The loading bar will start.

You should probably edit your title to clarify that it's not "Long Load Times", but rather "Long Wait before Load Starts".
  • fineasfineas Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited January 13
    Selakah said:

I've been getting this all the time since the first Chaos Invasion hotfix shortly after ME came out. It's not just a VC issue; it affects all WH1 battlemaps but doesn't always happen.

You can easily "fix" it by alttabing out and back into the game. The loading bar will start.

You should probably edit your title to clarify that it's not "Long Load Times", but rather "Long Wait before Load Starts".

I've tried alt tab as well. Doesn't work. I've played Dwarf campaign, no issue at all. Then I played Chaos a bit, and this issue happens once in a while. But for VC, it happens EVERY time.

I forgot to mention that the delay only happens when entering a battle, but not after the battle ends.
    Post edited by fineas on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file