Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Meaningful title

InquisitornInquisitorn Posts: 71Registered Users
I used to enjoy reading this forum, learning stuff I didn't know, appreciating your opinions.

I used to feel at home, but now I feel distanced, like I don't know you guys anymore.

However, lately every discussion is taken over by a handful of guys with haet of the game and the discussion comes to a halt because nobody can stand the abuse.

Even worse, CA has obviously given up on all the haet around here and won't read/participate anymore. Haetful posts in every thread is obviously why they refrain from posting updates or links to the awesome new stuff they have going on, so please stop!

Why hijack every thread, spreading your haet, making W2 look like a bad game, when W2 is actually in top 5 of 4X games released this decade? I recommend that you instead take a deep breath, because we know that CA WILL eventually address the issues because they obviously care about this blockbuster title.

I hope that you will use this thread to vent your frustrations about me, this post, ME and W1 races missing features and whatnot. I'm sure that both CA will be reading and our community will prosper if it is kept in just one thread.

Comments

• for_bretonniafor_bretonnia Posts: 1,467Registered Users
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,139Registered Users
    The malcontents are usually the loudest. Criticism is healthy for the game, but then there are those who have some preconceived ideals that will never be met.

Those are the squig lovers that need to go away.
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,200Registered Users
    I actually played and enjoyed less Total War Warhammer games after registered to collect the ROR and started to provide feedback in this forum. If you read Steam reviews on both games, you surely easy to understand how over-represented means.

Well... I dun care much now because I am confident CA and Sega can make games I like to play even sometimes takes some more time to be tweaked, it is still enjoyable to play with.

So please enjoy the fun and dun be affected by the negatives :)

My game time in Game 2 is approaching 800 hrs and not even complete 2/8 of the Vortex :D

But to me, the forum already loses its function for me to provide feedbacks as I dun want to add more burdens and unhappiness to the folks working hard on the Games.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 9,013Registered Users
    All opinions are valid.

What's not valid is attacking someone for having a different opinion, copy pasting the same quote from one bad interview over, and over, and over, and over again, and nor is hurling vitriol at CA. Too many people use the anonymity of the internet to say things they'd never say in real life, nor would those things ever be accepted.

It's a two way street, everyone must behave reasonably, and similarly we can not expect a reasonable discourse with CA if we ourselves are not reasonable.
    Game 3 must come with Demons as 1 undivided race as a core with any Monogod races only as DLC. Anything less will only hurt the game.

It's a fact that game 2 is superior to game 1. Steam reviews prove this.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,429Registered Users
    *spreads haet in this thread*
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 247Registered Users
    What's with the weird spelling of "hate"?

Anyway, I suppose it's because people who are upset about stuff have more of an incentive to post.
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,069Registered Users
    edited January 13
    Passion is good and bad. The more passionate you are about something, the more entitled you feel your opinion is over others. This is when you should take a step back.

I remember watching Dave Gormon's show, and he makes a comment about how some fans are 'extractor' fans in one of his episodes. Their passion essentially extracts the fun for others and can lead to a despised fanbase in extreme circumstances (Rick and Morty is the most recent well known example of this).

I think this is what lead to TWC being abandoned by CA/Newcomers (Modding is still good, but even there the number of views has dropped).
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,119Registered Users
    I'm not sure I'd place the blame on the forum goers for CA abandoning ship, or TWC. Reddit just has more users.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • MaleAmazonMaleAmazon Senior Member Posts: 597Registered Users
    On my part it´s not hate so much as frustration. The battle difficulty bug means I cannot enjoy playing the game and so I am waiting for a fix.

When a game doesn´t even function as advertised, and paid DLC is coming, along with 2 new titles (I know it´s not the same team) being announced, and no word from CA that they are even working on it; frustration arises...

I am supposed to just trust them? Sorry, I am not that kind of person. Been let down too many times. For example I paid for the Slavic DLC pack for Attila and the Venedian faction trait is AFAIK still bugged, never fixed, and it´s a major bug. And last I checked the germanic tribes DLC was also bugged (cloned elite generals you werent supposed to have).

CA needs to get their act together. You don´t sell me a car, then dump a heap of metal garbage on my lawn along with a note that says "sorry, making cars is hard" and then announce I can pay for extra airbags.

Ofc I did preorder TK, which makes me an idiot, but then I knew that already. I am "working on it". Patch hopefully coming this summer.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,321Registered Users
    I agree. This forum has become quite an toxic environment. I understand where it comes from, but jeezz guys..
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• NemoxNemox Posts: 2,069Registered Users
    edited January 13
    MrJade said:

I'm not sure I'd place the blame on the forum goers for CA abandoning ship, or TWC. Reddit just has more users.

It has more views for a reason, and I would agree with you if it was just TWC but even the General Forums are lacking in CA posts outside of announcements. Did you see Grace going nuts with excitement on Reddit with Tomb King Announcement? was great to see but something you would never get here :P

There was a post on tw reddit recently about a person who came to this forum, got lots of crap and concluded it was quite toxic. All the other posters were in clear agreement, and even mocking this forum. Would we get that just because reddit is more convenient to use or has more users? Though reddit does allow posts to become hidden if they get enough minus points so mob mentality is pretty strong there.

Meh, I suppose I could be reading too much into it, and indeed Reddit is just a better format with a bonus that negativity tends to get silenced. Still, there is a reputation now and as a former regular at TWC, it is hard to ignore those moments that created it (Pontus debacle deserves a shoutout).

• yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Posts: 343Registered Users
    If you don't like criticism you can just not read it, don't think it's that hard. Nobody suggests the fanbois should go away, not sure why you think it's valid to try to shoo away the more critical contingent either.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 8,634Registered Users

If you don't like criticism you can just not read it, don't think it's that hard. Nobody suggests the fanbois should go away, not sure why you think it's valid to try to shoo away the more critical contingent either.

Yeah, being harsh is sometimes perfectly valid. Justifying shooting folks who disagree with you, though, would be bad.
  • MeanSonOfAGunMeanSonOfAGun Posts: 369Registered Users
    Thanks for the valid reminder, op. But hey, 99% of the forum is here because they love this game with passion. Thats why they are fighting with teeth and claws to make it “their” TWW. I think CA understands this.

Its a bit different when it comes to bugged core features that CA has failed to even recognise 4 months after release. If you go by the rule “credit where it’s due” you gonna also have to live with critisism where it’s due.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 9,013Registered Users

Criticism is valid. Insults aren't criticism, they're fallacies.

Everyone is allowed to express their opinion without being insulted or for example being called a "fanboi".
    Game 3 must come with Demons as 1 undivided race as a core with any Monogod races only as DLC. Anything less will only hurt the game.

It's a fact that game 2 is superior to game 1. Steam reviews prove this.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,850Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 533Registered Users
    edited January 14
    To be fair, CA was never very active on this forum even when Grace was still around here...
    During the time of Warhammer 1 when all was fine CA didn't bother to show up in any discussion, most news came from reddit.

A lot of the frustration build up because of CAs silence.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,049Registered Users
    Ca isn't overly active, never seen them be so, but the mods do try and deal with the "haet" as you call it. But it's a line between abuse of the game and a person. Personal attacks I've seen removed. Of course I hope you have used the "flag" button if you think it goes across the line.