Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

How do you guys deal with Tyrion when you play Bretonnia?

KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 614
I swear this guy is a real ****. He is supposedly a protector but after he declared war he is going back and forth trying to hit my lands. I am trying to hold him until I can get my hands on the grail guardians so I can teach that pointy ears a lesson and show him why HEs should not mess with Bretonnia but it's a real struggle.

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 529
    Louen Leoncoeur will get vengeance after the next patch i suppose.

FOR ZHE LADY!
    Pointy ears wet themselves :naughty:

• NereNere Registered Users Posts: 56
    Personally I have played 3 campaigns with Bretonnia and he never attacked me, on contrary he always become my trade partner. Are you sure you aren't doing anything to **** him off?
  • PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,245
    edited January 14
    All of their hope is next patch .
  • RazmirthRazmirth Registered Users Posts: 787
    I Just ally him early and send some gifts and money his way every few turns. That makes him a happy elf.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 614
    Nere said:

Personally I have played 3 campaigns with Bretonnia and he never attacked me, on contrary he always become my trade partner. Are you sure you aren't doing anything to **** him off?

I mean I did not attack any High Elves or even bothered to go to Ulthuan, but I guess the Tyrion in my campaign said ''screw protector'' title and just went @sshole mode. It's fine in two turns I'll have access to grail guardians and go ''BRETONNIA!'' on his puny lands. We shall see who laughs last once his elven pure breed are gathering wheat for my horse army
  • robdougherty1984robdougherty1984 Registered Users Posts: 285
    Same way I deal with everybody as Bretonnia, I run them over with a horse.

Same way I deal with everybody as Bretonnia, I run them over with a horse.

I guess it gives a whole new meaning to ''my kingdom for a horse so I can trample all over your kingdom with it''
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 1,194
    edited January 14
    I hear if you scream "FOR THE LADY" at the top of your lungs while giving your cavalry a charge order you automatically win. You have to literally shout at your moniter like its your wi....a tree....and you've been drinking too much.

If this doesn't work and your cavalry dont barrel through the enemy to victory.....Then clearly you either didn't believe in the lady hard enough, or not enough peasents died to bring you that glorious charge.
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,464
    its a total war game afterall, so I guess I deal with those matters with a tiny portion of genocide?
    *shruggs*

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 3,428
    Bloody knife ears. Best to just go wipe them out before they get a chance to be a threat. You'll feel good about it later.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 488
    Arghhh ... horrible Lothern as Carcassonne was merciless ... I played on very hard and there invasion where without end ! Truly one time I saw 10 armies on the horizon! It almost seems the prophesy of the Fay came true ! (Her quest item storyline)

And they would not stop, nor would the beastmen, Varg, skealing, wood elfs, vampire counts

By far the most insane campaign I EVER played ! At turn 200 or so I gave up. They crushed the hope of the lady themself !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,599
    Feed him peasants till he tires and then stab him in the back.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 1,991
    the High Elf AI factions are more interested in trade agreements than most AI factions. As soon as I encounter a high elf faction, I try for a trade agreement.

Well so far this was a wild ride. Riddermark declared war, North faction declared war, all the elven factions declared war as usual, Chrace declared war because they are buddy buddies with Tyrion and also had to declare war on beastmen to keep my allies.

20 turns later I changed the tides. Tyrion went from rank 1 to rank 18 thanks to moi (Beated the shiznut out of his 5 stacks with my Taggert the Legend and lightning strike) , I ambushed one of the empire factions and made both of them ask for peace, the WE got bored as usual and asked for peace and killed the beastmen stack so the only one left is Tyrion that makes NO SENSE at all.

He is getting angrier that I'm at war with him and destroying his stacks that he keeps sending from Ulthuan to my lands. I swear that guy's ego is bigger than Sigmar's bane. The more stacks he loses, the angrier he gets and the less he likes me. Guess it's take to go in Ulthuan and apply them the ''peasants treatment''. Taggert the Legend is crushing everything in his path with a stack of 19 Grail Guardians.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 539
    that´s a good point.
    when every military action lowers relations
    at some point you can´t make peace anymore.

maybe defensive battles shouldnt count as military actions...
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users Posts: 7,441

that´s a good point.

What do you mean?

Losing an offensive battle you expected to win is still going to make you angry (it even makes me angry in the game!). Maybe not quite as bad as if someone attacks your army, but still.
    Canuovea said:

that´s a good point.

What do you mean?

Losing an offensive battle you expected to win is still going to make you angry (it even makes me angry in the game!). Maybe not quite as bad as if someone attacks your army, but still.
    Not my fault he's a ****. Heck he declared war and brought 4 stacks at once on my land and now he keeps sending 1 stack here and there and gets angrier every time. I have already dealt with all my enemies so now I can sail to Ulthuan and fill it with farms.

To be fair his AI is rather odd. ''That guy killed my 4 stacks, therefore as soon as I get a stack I'll send it to KEEL HIM!'' and since he did not unlock star dragons yet I'm not worried.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users Posts: 7,441
    KronusX said:

Canuovea said:

that´s a good point.

What do you mean?

Not my fault he's a ****. Heck he declared war and brought 4 stacks at once on my land and now he keeps sending 1 stack here and there and gets angrier every time. I have already dealt with all my enemies so now I can sail to Ulthuan and fill it with farms.

To be fair his AI is rather odd. ''That guy killed my 4 stacks, therefore as soon as I get a stack I'll send it to KEEL HIM!'' and since he did not unlock star dragons yet I'm not worried.
    Yeah, you'll get him good I'm sure. Beat him up enough and you could always grab a peace treaty... or just take over his land.
    Canuovea said:

KronusX said:

Canuovea said:

that´s a good point.

What do you mean?

Yeah, you'll get him good I'm sure. Beat him up enough and you could always grab a peace treaty... or just take over his land.
    No more peace treaties at this point. He blew his chance when he pulled a fast one and tried to siege me while I was dealing with Humans and beastmen on the other side with TYRION and then proceeded to run away when he saw my army (so much of a great warrior). The only way he will have peace will be once he's picking flax for the Bretonnian uniforms alongside his ally buddies.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 89
    oddly enough HE will never accept a peace treaty, like never ever, even if you offer them gazylion of gold in exchange.
  • CelahirCelahir Registered Users Posts: 19
    Ahm...."The Lady" IS a High Elf herself.....

Bretonia was created by her to be cannonfodder.
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Registered Users Posts: 423
    Never trust an elf.
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    Celahir said:

High elf?U sure ?
  • for_bretonniafor_bretonnia Registered Users Posts: 1,087
    GalenHHH said:

Celahir said:

High elf?U sure ?
    she's an immortal deity, a being of semi-indeterminate origin who survived the destruction of another world.

high elf probably not strictly accurate, but "elf" is probably fair, vague origins be damned.

really though, who's counting, I think we should allow high elf

• GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,222

GalenHHH said:

Celahir said:

High elf?U sure ?
    she's an immortal deity, a being of semi-indeterminate origin who survived the destruction of another world.

high elf probably not strictly accurate, but "elf" is probably fair, vague origins be damned.

really though, who's counting, I think we should allow high elf

Why though?The elven gods are worshipped by all 3 kinds of elves(with differences in how much they are worshipped granted).
  • CelahirCelahir Registered Users Posts: 19
    edited January 15
    Ok admitedly she is strongly bound to both Asur and Asrai and the new Asuryan she is planing to put in charge of her new world was a wood elf. She has, as far as I know, very little contact to the Druchii, in whous religion her place is just about fully taken by Hekarti. After losing her divine powers she returns to her suposedly original shape, which is that of an elven women.

I called her a high elf because: 1.Originaly all elves were "High elves"
    2.The Asur recognize a pantheon with Asuryan on top, Asrai pantheon is headed by Isha and Kurnos, that of the Druchii by Khaine. The "Lady" meanwhile sees Asuryan as the chief god and her superior.

Still in the end times she is holding a speech to the last leader of Bretonia that very well shows how she is viewing the humans who worshiped her so selflessly and died for her:

"‘Is it true?’ Jerrod said.
    ‘As I said…’ Lileath began.
    ‘No,’ he croaked. ‘No, do not play the mystic with me. I am only a man,
    and I would know whether or not my life has been a lie. I would know
    whether my people died for the games of a goddess not even our own.’
    ‘Who told you this?’
    ‘What does it matter?’ Jerrod snarled. ‘All you have to do is say that it is
    untrue. Say that you are not the Lady, and I will apologise. I will renounce
    my seat on the council, and we shall ne’er meet again. But tell me.’
    Lileath was silent. Her face betrayed no anxiety, only calm. ‘I do not deny
    it,’ she said. Her voice was icy. ‘Indeed, I am proud of it. I am proud of what
    I made of your primitive forebears.’
    ‘You used us,’ Jerrod said. ‘We were but pieces on a game board, dying
    for a cause that did not exist.’ He raised his sword. ‘We thought you were our
    guiding light, but instead you were merely luring us to our doom. Now the
    best of us are dead, and the rest will soon follow.’
    ‘There was no other choice,’ Lileath said. ‘Prophecy was my gift, and I
    foresaw the End Times at the moment of my birth. I needed an army, and
    your people provided one.’
    ‘Why us?’
    Lileath looked away. ‘Asuryan would never have countenanced the
    creation of a new race.’ She turned and swatted aside his sword with her staff. ‘I chose your
    forefathers to serve a greater purpose. I drew them up out of the muck, and
    gave them nobility and honour second only to that of the elves. Without the
    codes and laws that I gave you, your ancestors would have wiped each other
    out, or else been trampled into the muck by orcs or worse things.’ She
    extended her staff, nearly touching his chest. ‘Make no mistake, human.
    What you have, your honour, your lands, your skill, all of that is my doing.
    You owe me your life and loyalty, whether I be Lady or Ladrielle. And I
    make no apology for collecting on that debt.’"
    Post edited by Celahir on
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 1,867
    Simple - you kill his pointy-eared freaks until he cries and begs for mercy. You just grab their heads, lift your axe, and... ah, never mind Umgi. Move over and let the Dawi show you how it's done. We got this. >:)
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Registered Users Posts: 761
    Nere said:

Ya this strikes me as odd as well. Granted I haven't even played Bretonnia but it seems HE have hellbent on attacking DE in every campaign i've had.
  • Fiasco35Fiasco35 Registered Users Posts: 102
    Are you doing things that are condemned by all factions? Otherwise as a human faction usually you can get a trade agreement with Lothern in the first few days and the reputation just goes up from there. I have never had the high elves attack me in a Brettonia or Empire campaign.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 5,666
    Tyrion is an Defender of Ulthuan, but in case you didn't notice, he cares only about Ulthuan, unlike his brother Teclis, and Tyrion tend to be hot-headed, so it's quite make sense for him to act like that. Also maybe he want Bretonnia to have copyrights penalties, for imitating the High Elves.

"Bretonnia's largest cities are tall, as they are almost always built on high ground. Their castles are also relatively tall and thin compared to the large square and absurdist blocks of Empire architecture. It is thought that Bretonnian style mimics the round, spire-like ruined towers of the High Elf colonies still dotted around the region - a legacy of the Elven occupation that occurred generations before man united into nations."

https://whenc.totalwar.com/#/building/wh_main_brt_settlement_major_5