Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official balance beta mod

CaptBeardieCaptBeardie Posts: 46Registered Users
Hello,

I think I read somewhere that the devs were contemplating this approach before, but I wanted to explicitly state it here. The patch\update schedules are simply way too slow for balance testing and bugfixing for a healthy multiplayer scene.

Ultimately, this game is something like 80-90% single player, so we can't expect that to change anytime soon. But honestly, I think a big reason for multiplayer being so unpopular is because of the fact that it really is treated like an afterthought.

With an official balance testing mod for TWW2, we could bring a much much faster life cycle to tweaks and quality of life changes that benefit everyone. With the devs directly able to receive data for proposed changes much faster as well.

Some multiplayer game breaking Issues that can\could have been addressed immediately that come to mind here:
- Dwellers Below OP
- Single entity chariots attack bugs
- Skaven summon exploit

I think adopting a mod based beta \ testing phase could really add some serious benefits.

Comments

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,456Registered Users, CA Staff

Some multiplayer game breaking Issues that can\could have been addressed immediately that come to mind here:
    - Dwellers Below OP
    - Single entity chariots attack bugs
    - Skaven summon exploit

Only the first of those three was based on imbalanced data. The rest is all down to code issues which no mod-based iteration could fix.

That said, community testing balance solutions through mods is something that could be explored as the current patching schedule doesn't allow for much iteration based on feedback.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • CaptBeardieCaptBeardie Posts: 46Registered Users
    Hey Duck,

I appreciate the reply and the correction! Hope you guys find this to be worth while.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file