Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old World LL's not updated because risk of losing save games??! CA what??!

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,234Registered Users
    Lol who cares about a save game in a obsolete game state, as if not everybody restarts his game as soon as a new race gets added in the game.

If this is true thats the most stupid thing I ever heard, even more stupid than EAs trys to explain unfair lootboxes.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,162Registered Users
    I am still playing old saved games, I am not going to restart everything for a mere skill point. The better way to do it's at game 3 combined map with all changed that need to be done and resolve any compatibility problems.
  • QmotionQmotion Junior Member Posts: 238Registered Users

I am still playing old saved games, I am not going to restart everything for a mere skill point. The better way to do it's at game 3 combined map with all changed that need to be done and resolve any compatibility problems.

That is why you do a big update. Instead of 5 skills added every 6 months you can do 1 big update and update the Old World LL's in 1 massive patch. Yes, it will break your saves. But so what? In the end you will get a way better quality and stable experience. Can't believe some people here are saying that saves are more important than quality updates lol.
    Besides CA doesn't frequently update. They have a patch every 3 months. If you seriously can't finish your campaign in 3 months than i don't even know if you have the right to complain about patches breaking your saves. Start a campaign. Leave it on the side for 2 months and when you load it up it breaks. Well no ****. You took a 2 months break and then come back up here complaining about broken saves??
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,294Registered Users
    I saw that and raised my eyebrows, too.

Seriously who the **** cares about saved games? I mean come on... I make new games with EVERY patch because inevitably they will be broken by CA's QA record on patches any way.

Total War games aren't saved-game safe until they've stopped patching them all together. This is how it's been since the first Total War: Shogun!
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,162Registered Users
    Qmotion said:

Besides CA doesn't frequently update. They have a patch every 3 months. If you seriously can't finish your campaign in 3 months than i don't even know if you have the right to complain about patches breaking your saves. Start a campaign. Leave it on the side for 2 months and when you load it up it breaks. Well no ****. You took a 2 months break and then come back up here complaining about broken saves??

I am playing when I have time, few hours per week because I have other things in life, I didn't said that they shouldn't update the game, just not for minor things (I don't understand why people so angry about mere skill tree for bretonia), I don't understand usually updates are not retroactive. And really why this forum attacking people for other opinions, and we say we are so progressive people in this days and use different form of excuses. I am more for resetting save games for new units for beastman, or new factions but not a bare skill tree

Qmotion said:

I am playing when I have time, few hours per week because I have other things in life, I didn't said that they shouldn't update the game, just not for minor things (I don't understand why people so angry about mere skill tree for bretonia), I don't understand usually updates are not retroactive. And really why this forum attacking people for other opinions, and we say we are so progressive people in this days and use different form of excuses. I am more for resetting save games for new units for beastman, or new factions but not a bare skill tree
    Because Old World factions getting updated is one of the most wanted things right now. And if seriously the save games are an excuse for not providing better quality updates it is the most stupid thing i've heard in my life. It is not just 1 skill. It is the mindset behind this. It's the same with the other factions. Just shows that CA doesn't want to go further because of losing save games. You could just opt into an older version in steam and play your campaign before updating. It is not a big deal really. There is even an introduction to it. You can have your opinion but if you really are going to say that saves are more important than Old World LL's getting updated than that is just ridiculous. Because it doesn't make sense.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,142Registered Users

It over 3000 (soon) !
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Patrickfinzi0904Patrickfinzi0904 Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    i find it delicious how CA keeps messing up. I have been quite addicted to this game since it came out, and its just making it easier to stop playing. i am playing less and less. i made a thread this morning about end game in mortal empires. Hoping someone would give a little perspective as to why i should keep playing.

when i first started playing it was about mastering the game. i feel as if have(don't play MP ), and the more CA mess up, the easier it becomes to stop playing :)

so i say: Keep at it CA!
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,125Registered Users
    Please break my save games. Would not hesitate if it ment improved old world lord skills.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,284Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Seriously who the **** cares about saved games? I mean come on... I make new games with EVERY patch because inevitably they will be broken by CA's QA record on patches any way.

Total War games aren't saved-game safe until they've stopped patching them all together. This is how it's been since the first Total War: Shogun!

Tbey have akways been save gane compatible. Granted some stuff like any changes to startpos etc will only take effect with a new campaign start.

But I can't remember not able to continue existing save games post every patch, big or small way back to playing Medieval (I only start playing from Shogun Warlord edition which is already fully oatched by that time).
  • VladimiriVladimiri Posts: 151Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Can't it be done so that old games uses still the old skillsets and new games uses the updated ones? Even that it took more disc space.

Bit baffled.

Edit: I don't personally give a damn about saves, but i respect that some people do.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 744Registered Users

Qmotion said:

People are disagreeing with you, as is their right. If anything you are attacking people here by implying that they don't have anything better to do than play video games.
    I, for one, would rather have a single broken safe game than sit with an inferior game for months to come.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • EK5000EK5000 Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    Instead of getting reworked existing skills, we get brand new ones, so technically we're not missing out on anything (assuming the new skills bring buffs that would have been included in the reworked old ones).

While I personally don't give two **** about my save games breaking, I can understand some others would.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's more than likely that we'll have to wait for the next version of ME (come game 3), before we get fully overhauled game 1 legendary lords.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 808Registered Users
    I dont know which line I consider the most suspect, this or "we tested the $#! out of Mortal Empires"

I guess Ill wait a bit longer before revisiting the game. Tomb kings preorder refunded for now.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,674Registered Users
    Itharus said:

That mayyyy be the exact kind of thought CA is wanting people NOT to have about their game series. Just saying.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,433Registered Users
    #breakthesave
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,888Registered Users
    I wonder if the same people complaining the saves weren't broken would be the ones complaining that they were broken if CA had chosen that route.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,530Registered Users
    over 3000

Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,530Registered Users
    Oh yes and here is the site https://strawpoll.com/e25rxfd8
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,233Registered Users
    The post being mentioned as lame excuse from updating OW factions' skilltrees only talks about Bretonnian factions. People are blowing this way out of proportion.

I mean at the very best you can argue the case on Bretonnians...but there is no mention of other factions' skilltrees.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,125Registered Users

Total War: Warhammer <3
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Posts: 1,237Registered Users
    Crajoh said:

Oh yes and here is the site https://strawpoll.com/e25rxfd8

I voted the first option. Would be cool if CA based their decision off that lol.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,294Registered Users
    LestaT said:

Itharus said:

Tbey have akways been save gane compatible. Granted some stuff like any changes to startpos etc will only take effect with a new campaign start.

But I can't remember not able to continue existing save games post every patch, big or small way back to playing Medieval (I only start playing from Shogun Warlord edition which is already fully oatched by that time).
    Lots of bugs ensure if you don't :-/
  • IxusIxus Posts: 190Registered Users
    Seriously, kill my save games. I could care less.

From a business standpoint, you're only going to make me play your game even more than I would otherwise. Paradox has been killing my save games for years upon years now, never once complained.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,597Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

The post being mentioned as lame excuse from updating OW factions' skilltrees only talks about Bretonnian factions. People are blowing this way out of proportion.

I mean at the very best you can argue the case on Bretonnians...but there is no mention of other factions' skilltrees.

CA gave it as their reason for not moving or changing existing skills on purpose, that's on top of any lack of time or lack of work reasons. That's why there no rebalancing for existing skills.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,287Registered Users
    I really like the completely misleading title since, hey, Bretonnia's lords got their skills updated.
    All CA is saying that they don't modify skill-trees to the extent that they would break savegames. That does not mean that more and less intrusive skill updates aren't on the horizon.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,597Registered Users

I really like the completely misleading title since, hey, Bretonnia's lords got their skills updated.
    All CA is saying that they don't modify skill-trees to the extent that they would break savegames. That does not mean that more and less intrusive skill updates aren't on the horizon.

There are no unlimited skillpoints in the first place, so if CA is afraid of rebalancing existing skills it's very bad, it's likely means that players need to waste more skillpoints for something that should had been achieved by an single skill and that more relevant skills would not be moved back.
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Posts: 1,237Registered Users
    I don't see why it cant' just be a new version of the lord you have with new skills and your skillpoints refunded on a saved game..
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 824Registered Users
    There is a chance that they are working on it since release of ME but they want to release as one big update after they finish every old faction and test how they work.

They also did not say that they are NOT going to do that. They sad something about carefull aproach because they don't want to break saves. Maybe they think that it is better to break them later and be 100% sure that futher updates are not needed because they want to do break saves only once.

Problem is that they do not usually give us straight answers this leave us with theories, guesses and misleading information. We only know that they are thinking about it and that is in my opinion a good sign.