Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vortex endings

Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 4,480
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
So for a while now we have known that after ending the Vortex campaign, a short epilog text pops up. On occasions you can find some of them floating through the internet, but I really have not seen many. In fact I know only three which is not that much for 8 LLs (assuming everyone has one). With the upcoming 4 Tks and Tretch there should be then five new ones. And by all the wishes and discussions about Neferata or Nagash, of course the epilog texts for Arkhan & Khalida might be the most interesting upcoming bits.

So for a general overview and to also satisfy my own curiosity, I would ask kindly everyone reading this and who has a bunch of save files left or is currently wrapping up a Vortex game or plans next week to rush through the Tomb Kings campaign, could you please make sceenshots from the below missing epilog texts and post them here so we could complete a collection for all of them? Thanks in advance.

Cutscenes, for those interested in it.

Epilogue texts

Tyrion & Teclis

Mazdamundi & Kroq-Gar

Malekith & Morathi

Skrolk & Queek

Settra, Khalida, Khatep

Arkhan

Luthor Harkon

Aranessa Saltspite

Count Noctilus

Cylostra Direfin

-----Red Dox
Post edited by Red_Dox on

Comments

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,991
    I'll post the screenshots for the epilogs later (after I figure out how to screenshot a TWW2 text box). Just an FYI that the epilogs are long, and one screenshot doesn't show all of the epilog text. So what you have listed as Tyrion + Teclis is what I saw on my Tyrion run through as one long epilog. Similarly, the Mazdamundi text is longer than the snippet you posted.

I have done Mazdamundi, Malekith (2 or 3 times), Tyrion (twice?), and Lord Skrolk. Haven't done the other LLs yet, but rumor has it the epilogs are the same for both faction lords (similar to movies being the same).

edited January 2018
    Lord Skrolk Epilog

Malekith Epilog

Mazdamundi Epilog

• mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    I wonder if that skrolk one confirmed verminlords for DLC...
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,987
    I believe you have the Teclis and Tyrion epilogues mixed up, I got the one about the squire after finishing Teclis.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,480
    edited January 2018
    endur said:

I'll post the screenshots for the epilogs later (after I figure out how to screenshot a TWW2 text box). Just an FYI that the epilogs are long, and one screenshot doesn't show all of the epilog text. So what you have listed as Tyrion + Teclis is what I saw on my Tyrion run through as one long epilog. Similarly, the Mazdamundi text is longer than the snippet you posted.

My bad then. That's what I get for not having beaten Vortex once so far.
    But that's just one more reason for this topic and getting the "accurate" story together, not just a minor snippet I dig up in some topic and take for granted. So please just keep the screenshots flowing and I use my limited **** skills to cut them to a single smaller format.

If both core Lords have the same text at the end, it is kinda sad since it would make more sense to personalize the ending there if they can't (or won't due to budget) make it with cutscenes. Would be interesting if the FLC or DLC LLs might break that cycle and have more to offer.

edit
    Finished the snipping. Also categorized both core lords together, until someone might have screenshot proof that they have different endings. If that really is all, then that is that until next week.

------Red Dox

Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • IntertriarriiaeIntertriarriiae Registered Users Posts: 385
    Good idea! I was interested in the others. I have got a kroq-gar save I believe.
    Just tossing in my 2 heresies every once in a while.
    FYI, the three free fiction stories are pre-quels that lead in to the cinematics and epilogs. i.e. the Skaven story, the lizard story, and the elf story (which leads into both HE and DE).

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,243
    There seems to be different intros for each of the new Tomb Kings. Just one little scene that differentiates them.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

There seems to be different intros for each of the new Tomb Kings. Just one little scene that differentiates them.

Yeah, but really makes not difference in that case. The different endings however could be another story but only have seen Settras so far. Hopefully different cutscene endings, even so slightly, might also result in different epilogue texts but still waiting to see one of these. But since the party should be starting soon, maybe some helpful people can manage sneaking some screens here before the weekend for Tretch and the 4 TK ;)

------Red Dox
    edited January 2018
    Khalida start, all the generic cutscenes and the four endings for TK

Still have not seen a single epilogue text.

------Red Dox
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Epilogue for Setra the Imperishable

Ah, interesting. Now remains the quesion if all 4 share the same or Arkhan may have something else to offer.

------Red Dox
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Red_Dox said:

Ah, interesting. Now remains the quesion if all 4 share the same or Arkhan may have something else to offer.

------Red Dox

I'm playing Arkhan now, hopefully I remember to screenshot it when finished.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Arkhan Epilogue.

Arkhan uttered dark words- an incantation to pierce the mortal veil and reach out to his master. He was within the sanctum of Nagash, at the hearth of the black pyramid. It hung in the sky , defying the gods and now the Lich King would use its power to resurrect his master, like any good servant.

"Ustab-Djaf, ey Shyish....," spoke Arkhan in ancient Nehekarhan before switching to the common tongue. "I command the God of Death to unfetter his most prominent prisoner; by Shyish, I invoke N-"

"Nagash?" said the voice of a Deamon. "No, my little Mortarch, our names are similar, but he is elsewhere. I am N'kari, and you are playing my game," it said with a voice both beautiful and horrific.

"What!" demanded Arkhan, scanning the sanctum for the source of the voice.

"Calm yourself Lich," it said , amused. "I care not for your schemes. Play your game, build your petty empire , but know that I am now in your world, and will soon be ready to play...."

A cold wind blew out of the chamber leaving a sickly-sweet scent in its wake.

Arkhan Epilogue.

Arkhan uttered dark words- an incantation to pierce the mortal veil and reach out to his master. He was within the sanctum of Nagash, at the hearth of the black pyramid. It hung in the sky , defying the gods and now the Lich King would use its power to resurrect his master, like any good servant.

"Ustab-Djaf, ey Shyish....," spoke Arkhan in ancient Nehekarhan before switching to the common tongue. "I command the God of Death to unfetter his most prominent prisoner; by Shyish, I invoke N-"

"Nagash?" said the voice of a Deamon. "No, my little Mortarch, our names are similar, but he is elsewhere. I am N'kari, and you are playing my game," it said with a voice both beautiful and horrific.

"What!" demanded Arkhan, scanning the sanctum for the source of the voice.

"Calm yourself Lich," it said , amused. "I care not for your schemes. Play your game, build your petty empire , but know that I am now in your world, and will soon be ready to play...."

A cold wind blew out of the chamber leaving a sickly-sweet scent in its wake.
    N'Kari... really?... disappointing...

#RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NagashizzarNagashizzar NagahsizzarRegistered Users Posts: 251
    This tells us that Nagash isnt in the Black Pyramid... or dead ? Hmmmmmm........... So where is he ?

Nagash shall come!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388

This tells us that Nagash isnt in the Black Pyramid... or dead ? Hmmmmmm........... So where is he ?

Well, Pre-End Times iirc Nagash was chilling out at Nagashizzar and waiting to strike again
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,893

appears they're following the Vampire Counts 8th Edition book about him so unless other wise stated he's chilling at Nagashizzar.
    Within his audience chamber at the height of the peak the husk of Nagash sits on his throne of skulls. He has brooded here for over a millennium, waiting and planning, guiding his agents by the power of his thoughts. The only living things within this vast fortress are the disciples of Nagash. These madmen worship Nagash as a god and lead his cult until the day he re-emerges from his citadel to conquer the world. Now infused by the power of the Dark Magic that has surged through the world since the Great War against Chaos, Nagash is almost ready to strike back at the world of the living

Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (8th Edition) page 18
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Well, Pre-End Times iirc Nagash was chilling out at Nagashizzar and waiting to strike again
    Hmmm This really makes me believe that we will see him there..... they could just do the horned rat ending with him, and that would be that, so I really think we will see him now. Now things are getting interesting.

Nagash shall come!
    edited January 2018

appears they're following the Vampire Counts 8th Edition book about him so unless other wise stated he's chilling at Nagashizzar.
    Within his audience chamber at the height of the peak the husk of Nagash sits on his throne of skulls. He has brooded here for over a millennium, waiting and planning, guiding his agents by the power of his thoughts. The only living things within this vast fortress are the disciples of Nagash. These madmen worship Nagash as a god and lead his cult until the day he re-emerges from his citadel to conquer the world. Now infused by the power of the Dark Magic that has surged through the world since the Great War against Chaos, Nagash is almost ready to strike back at the world of the living

Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts (8th Edition) page 18
    Sounds about right. So he would start in Nagashizzar.... But hopefully weak, and maybe do like what they did with the TK. Make him find his artefacts and whatnot. This made my day. Let dear old Nagash fourth! Somewhat weird that Arkhan didnt know that but.... Shure...

Nagash shall come!
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,436
    They could have Nagash in Nagashizzar, but it doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Surely Arkhan would know it, and not believe him dead.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Arsenic said:

They could have Nagash in Nagashizzar, but it doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Surely Arkhan would know it, and not believe him dead.

Yeah exacly, but this made me think, what would Arkhan be doing in the campaign ?

Nagash shall come!
  • lordreaven448lordreaven448 Registered Users Posts: 250
    Here's the Epilogues for Arkhan:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/937181003635188602/5340E829C6F17EC0797B84B252BC040292FFEC89/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/937181003635189163/6310EE4AEA1D54EE7AC8FAC6778E2F4CBBFFEB98/

I found it really Fascinating. Game 3 Might a direct continuation of the vortex story wise, which I kind of want actually.
    edited January 2018

Arsenic said:

Yeah exacly, but this made me think, what would Arkhan be doing in the campaign ?
    Blablabla the whole vortex allowed the Pyramids vast powers to increase even further. Yet the Comet also rendered it a bit unstable, allowing even the lowly Kings of Nehekhara could now try to harness it's power. Therefore the Great Necromancer has tasked his trusted Leutenant Arkhan the Black with collecting the Books of Nagash, take the Pyramid and secure it's powers for the use of its true Ruler.... Once the now strengthened Pyramid is back under his Controle, Nagash can harness its powers and raise to new heights, allowing him to announce his return to all of the mortal World!

*cue to have ENd Times Nagash appearing*

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Arsenic said:

Blablabla the whole vortex allowed the Pyramids vast powers to increase even further. Yet the Comet also rendered it a bit unstable, allowing even the lowly Kings of Nehekhara could now try to harness it's power. Therefore the Great Necromancer has tasked his trusted Leutenant Arkhan the Black with collecting the Books of Nagash, take the Pyramid and secure it's powers for the use of its true Ruler.... Once the now strengthened Pyramid is back under his Controle, Nagash can harness its powers and raise to new heights!

Where was this from ?

Nagash shall come!

Arsenic said:

Blablabla the whole vortex allowed the Pyramids vast powers to increase even further. Yet the Comet also rendered it a bit unstable, allowing even the lowly Kings of Nehekhara could now try to harness it's power. Therefore the Great Necromancer has tasked his trusted Leutenant Arkhan the Black with collecting the Books of Nagash, take the Pyramid and secure it's powers for the use of its true Ruler.... Once the now strengthened Pyramid is back under his Controle, Nagash can harness its powers and raise to new heights!

Where was this from ?

Nagash shall come!
    edited January 2018

Arsenic said:

Where was this from ?
    just short brainstorming :tongue: to tie Nagash still being around to the campaign stuff

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Arsenic said:

Where was this from ?
    just short brainstorming :tongue: to tie Nagash still being around to the campaign stuff
    Ohhh I see. Well it makes sense that he would do that, but he's not dead, so what is he ?

Nagash shall come!

Arsenic said:

Where was this from ?
    Ohhh I see. Well it makes sense that he would do that, but he's not dead, so what is he ?
    weakened, a shadow of his former self

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'