Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I do not want to make a new account. I want my old one back!

Clover1Clover1 Registered Users Posts: 10
edited January 20 in Rants and Raves
I was pretty excited when I saw the announcement for the Three Kingdoms Era. I forgot about the sting of R2TW and lept to Google to find the forums. I tried to log-in, but what was this, my password was wrong. No big deal, I'll just click upon 'I forgot my password,' and receive the automated mail to reset it. There was just one problem: I never received the email.

I tried and tried, but nothing would ever be sent. I tried even longer to figure out how to contact someone for help, but after many hours of searching, I gave-up. All I want is my old account:

https://forums.totalwar.com/profile/Clover

I've had it through the ezboard, yoku forums, and the transition to this one. It has actually come to mean something to me and I despise the idea of posting under another name.

By the way, the forums look pretty. I don't know when it happened, I haven't posted in nearly four years, but I love the remodeling you've done.
Post edited by Clover1 on

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,198
    Hey Clover, welcome back.

You should be able to sign into your old account on the Access Login if you use the same email address you had with the original account.

If you've forgot what it was then send me a PM and I'll send it back.

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Clover1Clover1 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Oh hey, dge1, It's been so long that I didn't think to see many familiar names. I'm happy to see you still hang around here. Sadly, I had tried that about hundred times.
  • Rath_DarkbladeRath_Darkblade Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    Hi again, Clover! *offers Clover a hug and a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate with marshmallows, or whatever other drink Clover might like* :-)

Talk about a blast from the past - how the heck have you been? What have you been up to? We haven't seen you here in ages! Welcome back. ;-)
    "There is nothing wrong with nepotism, provided you keep it all in the family."
    --Winston Churchill
  • Clover1Clover1 Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi again, Clover! *offers Clover a hug and a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate with marshmallows, or whatever other drink Clover might like* :-)

Talk about a blast from the past - how the heck have you been? What have you been up to? We haven't seen you here in ages! Welcome back. ;-)

Hey there, Rath!

I hate to admit it, but after Rome I felt crushed and rage-quit Total War. In the meantime, I've been studying game development at OSU and spamming Stack Overflow. It's given me a great appreciation for the difficulties CA must have when developing Total War and I feel terrible for how much grief I gave them over the years, especially after having gone through a simulated crunch-time for one of the projects I worked on.

I missed this forum, though, and when I heard the announcement for a game based in China I felt too much excitement to keep away. It's so nice to see so many familiar faces!
    edited February 2
    Hmm... I'm sorry to say that I don't know what OSU or Stack Overflow are (but being on the other side of the world, I guess that makes sense!) :smile:

I've never studied game development, but I'd been on the job market - either working or looking for work - for over 20 years. So my sympathies always lay with CA, because I know just how hard it can be to find and keep good employment. :smile: I also know, from bitter experience, how much it sucks to be unemployed, and how much it motivates you to find a new job. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. :frowning:

What have I been up to in the past four years? Lots of nerdy cool stuff. I'm still performing music with a philharmonic choir, and coordinating our efforts with various symphony orchestras in Aussie-land and overseas. Too many highlights to count. One of the biggest was probably the LOTR concert we did two years ago.

Other than that? Welcomed a new nephew into the world (who is now a toddler and learning his first words - aww!) :) Wrote a whole bunch of songs, various types of poetry, and historical fiction (both short stories and much longer ones), all done with lots of humour and loads and loads of research. :smile:

But wait, there's more! *L* Two years ago, I produced and performed in some history-related videos (i.e. famous speeches and stories), all available online. Check them out here, on Vimeo.

Just to give you a taste of how complicated creating a video is, I had to:

1. choose all the paintings and photos, quotes and speeches and music;
    2. negotiate the legal issues, where there were any;
    3. perform the actual speeches and stories;
    4. edit the video, to make sure that it "flowed" properly and nothing was out-of-place; and
    5. upload it online for people to enjoy.

Finally, I did all this without taking any courses or experience in creating such things; I simply taught myself how to do it. Hope you enjoy! :smile:
    --Winston Churchill
    edited February 2
    Aaaaaaackkk...!!! What the heck just happened? :frowning: I wrote quite a long and happy post in reply to Clover, and posted it here... then I decided to make one tiny edit.... and my post has disappeared!!! :frowning:

Let me write a couple of quick 5-7-5 haiku to commemorate this incredibly sad occasion:

1. Rath posted a post.
    He decided to edit.
    Forum swallowed post. :tongue:

2. Rath posted, edited;
    The forum swallowed his post!
    Rath is sad bunny. :-( :-1:

Well, silliness aside... does anyone know what happened? :-(

*exits stage left sadly; thinks* I de-lurk after two weeks for this? :tongue:
    --Winston Churchill
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 33,267
    Your post was pulled by the forum autosecurity for moderator approval. It's been approved, so it's back.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Oh? *re-reads his post* Oh! Because of the link to the videos I created on Vimeo? Oh... but... that's the main reason why I posted it here - because the videos are related to history and literature, and this forum is also history-related. So I thought I'd share them. :smile:

Hopefully people will like them - I spent a long, long time creating the blasted things. :wink:
    --Winston Churchill