Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bad AI ruined khalidas mortal empires campaign

SpesstacoSpesstaco Registered Users Posts: 9
So I was super happy to purchase the tomb kings dlc and was excited to have fun spending one night playing the game.....never ever have i regretted sinking this many hours into total war warhammer....4 was it I think?

Khalida starts of at war with vampires and surrounded by tough enemies to defeat; cool, i like a good challenge. So anytime i try to move khalida the vampires just move and retreat their army all over the place so not only can i not fight them, but they will try to take any settlement I leave. After a second attempt as I quit my first playthrough (it was me killing an entire army of vampires every other turn and yet still just flip flopping between two tier 3 settlements) I tried it again. this time I settled on the bottom region and took it all to myself. This was after killing 3 full armies of vampires and a small army of tomb king rebels....THEN some idiotic event happened that made everyone hate me and declare war on me for no reason. Then it was me vs skaven and vampires and despite them having almost no settlements, they kept spamming armies over and over and over again until i started losing my starter elite units despite me winning constantly. Hell even when another computer was seiging the only settlement they had left they would use their only army to attack a minor settlement that I had. I finally quit the game after the vampires attacked me when they had the advantage, i kill their vampire lord very early and somehow most of their army does not crumble for the rest of the game (there were no other heroes or vampires to bind them) and they proceed to kill almost everything in my army before dying. Then after killing another skaven army (this is one clan and ONLY one clan I have been at war with mind you) yet again they somehow get one out of nowhere and take a minor settlement.......seriously wtf........

I like a challenge, WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLES, not when it comes to ONE faction with NO ECONOMY spamming full armies over and over again and having suicidal tendencies as long as it messes me over....I had fun during some battles but overall the session was very unpleasant...... I like the struggling at the beginning part but I heard it was because you would have to learn to use weak units, NOT BECAUSE 3 AIS (oh yeah, first playthrough vampires capital of lamya gets attacked by fakkin tomb king rebels that start with nothing but elite units and one of the giants.....like first few turns of the game...WTF, so I was unable to siege their capital after destroying their army 3 times...and i mean destroying [not just defeating]) keep spamming armies and besieging the few settlements that i have. The two armies would have kinda been enough if the recruitment time didnt mega spike for just two armies for the basic skeleton units

Comments

• AltarielAltariel Registered Users Posts: 147
    Spesstaco said:

WTF, so I was unable to siege their capital after destroying their army 3 times...and i mean destroying [not just defeating]) keep spamming armies and besieging the few settlements that i have. The two armies would have kinda been enough if the recruitment time didnt mega spike for just two armies for the basic skeleton units

I came in the forum to report the same problem, Lamia the capital of territory that is controlled by vampires has a garrison of 16 units very strong for a game start. I ambushed and killed the vampire troops, but i cant take the city because when I siege, the rebellion comes and take me out.... with no corruption and outher things theys lost public order very fast... if you let rebeletion with a army with 20 troops atack the city with no army... the rebelion lost and dont do any damage in garrison.... very insane..... need a hot fix

The Khalinda start need a fix very fast to be more satisfactory

And I was really disappointed that Lybaras was a small town and with no special construction for Khalinda.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file