Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crashes during battles in Total Warhammer 2

2»

Comments

• Lark_SoulsLark_Souls Registered Users Posts: 3
    Still eagerly awaiting a fix. Game's kind of unplayable as it is now. :/
  • danthedondanthedon Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same as above. No issues with crashes until very recently. Has CA said anything about this?
  • joegrendajoegrenda Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm running the game with a terrible graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro K1000M) on lowest settings with no mods. Despite the quality I have to run it at, I've greatly enjoyed this game. However, I can't finish the Lizardmen campaign because of the dragons in the Final Battle. I hope CA can fix this soon because I was literally thinking to myself how epic this battle was when the game stopped working.
  • EldrenEldren Registered Users Posts: 10
    Did some further testing and Black Dragons can also cause a crash but only during their dying animation when they're plummeting to the ground (crashes even more quickly if you pause during the fall). Sun and Moon Dragons are the ones most prone to crashing though, you just need to pause & resume when they're performing almost any action.
  • danthedondanthedon Registered Users Posts: 4
    I have tried large battles without dragons and there is no problem. Large armies of chaos vs Bret. Over 2000 units and no crash.

As soon as I use my high tier HE army vs high tier DE (both with dragons) the game will lock up in the battle. Usually towards the end. So it may well be a death animation thing.

This was never an issue until recently. Nothing has changed with my comp. The only changes have been on the game/steam side. I did purchase Tomb Lords.
  • davor999davor999 Registered Users Posts: 121
    I’m having the same problem with crashes when resuming from pause when fighting against HE dragons. It crashes every time.
    Please fix!
  • SilentHashSilentHash Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi @Eldren ,

In order to help you we need to see some information about your system. Can you please follow the format on this link and provide the required information? https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest

Thanks,
    CA_Matt

Hi @CA_Matthew ,

Any particular reason CA has only responded to @Eldren in this matter and not the OP or anyone else having these issues? This is clearly a problem on your end as all the posts in the last week on this support forum have been about pausing and dragons causing crashes.

Seems highly unprofessional for nobody at you company to be addressing the issue and letting your customers know what is going and what you are doing to fix the issue short of asking us to try turning it off and back on again.

All we're asking at this point is the acknowledgement that you guys have identified it as an issue and are working on a fix.
  • MooffinsMooffins Registered Users Posts: 1
    Came here to say that I've also experienced crashes with Moon & Sun Dragons seemingly doing any ability. Also, Black Dragons dying crashes my multiplayer partner every time (though not me).
  • phlipyphlipy Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Same issue here: battles with shakara (riding a dragon) freezes at some point mostly a moment after leaving pause. Has never occured until recently (tomb king patch aupdate). Has anyone found a solution?

Right now after the enemy star dragon used its breath the crashed.

AMD R9-280-User here btw.

Crash does not occur when not pausing.
    Post edited by phlipy on
  • ScottersScotters Registered Users Posts: 5
    Just hoping for a fix ASAP.
  • fholland23fholland23 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Confirmed crashes when playing as High Elves with a Moon Dragon in army during battles. Have had success completing said battles without crashing by turning the camera away from Moon Dragons while the dragon breath ability animation is occuring.
    edited February 2018

Hi @Eldren ,

In order to help you we need to see some information about your system. Can you please follow the format on this link and provide the required information? https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest

Thanks,
    CA_Matt

Hi Matthew,

I've attached what I could find but interestingly the game doesn't create crash dumps for all of the crashes so here's some of the more recent ones. I haven't included the "modified.log" because I've tested with all of the mods disabled/deleted and it doesn't affect the crashes (this corresponds with what other people have been reporting - mods aren't the cause).

I'd also like to repeat my findings to help you diagnose the problem:

Crashes occur when Sun or Moon Dragons are either flying over another unit, breathing fire, charging a unit or dying *only if I pause during the process*. I don't have to resume from pausing to trigger it, simply pausing during the animation can cause a crash.

Black Dragons can only trigger a crash during their dying animation and if I pause during the animation.

Star Dragons, Forest Dragons, Chaos Dragons and Zombie Dragons never caused a crash (for me, some people reported that Star Dragons also triggered a crash).

I have checked file integrity, driver update stuff and nothing worked. This whole thing started happening after the Tomb Kings update (I have the DLC). The files I've attached are pretty old (no newer crash logs after 26th of Jan for some reason even though I've experienced a lot of crashed during testing in Custom Battles after that) so I hope they're crashes related to the dragon-pause thingie.

Hope that helps, this seems to be quite a widespread issue affecting most NVIDIA users after the TK patch.
  • DamoryderDamoryder Registered Users Posts: 1
    It seems to be the moon dragons with me.
    Playing single player ME campaign with HE and battles with moon dragons crash after a few mins.
    Have rejigged my armies to have mix of star dragons with sun ones and have had no problems since
  • LipzigerLipziger Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same problem for me. Played the HE over 100 turns without any problem. Now I decided to build a Dragon-Army and yeah ... couldn't finish a single battle with them so far, because it just crashes a few minutes into the battle.

So I guess this campaign is on hold until it's patched.

I'd just wish there would be any real response to this issue, that seemingly affects quite a few players ....
  • Lark_SoulsLark_Souls Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    So the consensus is that the dragon-crash is limitted to NVIDEA users, as @Edlren observed? At any rate, I too am experiencing the crash and have an NVIDEA card. Running the most recent vanilla version of the game without any modifications.
  • RowYerboat#9411RowYerboat#9411 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,142
    edited February 2018
    Same exact problem. nVidia 670 (SLI); tried rolling back the GPU driver but no luck there.

Edit: applied the steps outlined in the sticky post above, "Crashing in Tomb Kings..." and it fixed the problem.
    Post edited by RowYerboat#9411 on
  • phlipyphlipy Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    ?

So the consensus is that the dragon-crash is limitted to NVIDEA users, as @Edlren observed? At any rate, I too am experiencing the crash and have an NVIDEA card. Running the most recent vanilla version of the game without any modifications.

No, it occurs with my AMD R9 280 too. Unfortunately.

The latest patch (Make War Not Love) seems to have fixed the dragon related crashes for me. Thanks CA! :)
  • PumanzPumanz Registered Users Posts: 1
    Well the latest patch (Make War Not Love) wasn´t so good for me. I haven´t had any issues what so ever before this came out (no mods). Played fine yesterday now as soon as I load a saved campaign or evern start a new one I get a error that the game stopped working.
  • ScottersScotters Registered Users Posts: 5
    How are things working out for others? Is the battle crash bug fixed? Are others having problems like Pumanz? I have been too busy to play and I really don't feel like spending 10 minutes in am awesome battle just to have a crash, so I have been waiting until the fix is confirmed.
  • escritoresescritores Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited February 2018
    A bit similar problem here.

Playing Mortal Empires around turn 150ish on my second chaos invasion, every time I try to manually play a battle vs. Chaos the game crashes. Tried against a Orc siege battle and it worked fine. Playing as Lizardmen. Was no problems during my campaign untill now. But haven't tried vs. HE or DE so don't know if dragons are causing it, I never get in to the actual battle though, so might be another bug.

Have a bunch of mods installed, but judging by this thread that hardly seems to be the issue.

Edit: Ah nice seems that the tomb king crash thing fixed that. Installed all mods again and seems to work fine now.
    Post edited by escritores on
  • JD101JD101 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello

Has a fix for this been issued? I'm getting during any battles on the Lizardman campaign

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file