Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Endless Coffers of Nehekhara

PathPath MemberRegistered Users Posts: 62
Finding it hard to run a fiscally responsible empire of the dead? A lot of players seem to struggle with the low income of the TKs, but there is a simple way to make enough to easily get all those juicy pyramids and T5 buildings, regardless of your tech level (you'll need some heroes unlocked, though).

What you need are seven (or six if you control the entire province and use the edict) characters with Charnel Valley Necrotects, a very common follower that heroes and lords pick up quickly enough if you use them. It reduces the cost of infrastructure improvements by 15% -- and it stacks additively. Yes, that means that six characters with this follower and the edict can build infrastructure improvements for free (10% + 6 x 15% = 100% reduction).

For efficiency a single lord with the the heroes embedded can use force march to loop around keeping the chain going. Any infrastructure building works, but the Nehekharan Citadel and the Royal Burial Chamber are recommended. Adjust your run as needed depending on whatever other bonuses you're running.

Comments

• Charles555ncCharles555nc Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 230
    bug or intended?
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 869

bug or intended?

Of course its not intended. Do you really think CA wants TK to have free buildings, when they are basically the only thing limiting their economy besides creating new armies?
    #TzeentchLivesMatter

• PathPath Member Registered Users Posts: 62

bug or intended?

A design oversight clearly, as the TKs shouldn't really have unlimited money. Then again, CA have a track record when it comes to allowing bonuses to stack additively (I'm looking at you, Talon of Kurnous :p ).
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,840
    Meh. Once you get past a certain point you basically have unlimited money anyways that you can throw at your settlementw without the busywork and without waiting for ”Lord Construction” and his gang of workers to swing into town.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    That sounds way more tedious to accomplish than doing it the old fashioned way.
  • IxusIxus Registered Users Posts: 190
    At a certain point money is not an object with TK. I didn't even realize I was spending nothing at all on buildings (due to running around conquering with a 3 stack).

Even if I had the 250k burning a hole in my pocket would have been pretty un-phased.
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    Path said:

bug or intended?

A design oversight clearly, as the TKs shouldn't really have unlimited money. Then again, CA have a track record when it comes to allowing bonuses to stack additively (I'm looking at you, Talon of Kurnous :p ).
    There are tons of exploits if anyone wish to play a game in some boring ways, for examples:

1, endless sack to the same settlements for levels;

2, endless hero actions on settlements for levels;

3, parking armies on friendly sea next to replenishment-penalized settlement for faster replenishment;

4, parking army on sea next to a settlement for endless battle win to pump up levels of lords and heroes.

The thing is how many of us find the game more enjoyable when doing all these.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,353
    edited January 2018

Path said:

bug or intended?

There are tons of exploits if anyone wish to play a game in some boring ways, for examples:

3, parking armies on friendly sea next to replenishment-penalized settlement for faster replenishment;

4, parking army on sea next to a settlement for endless battle win to pump up levels of lords and heroes.

How do you do 1, 2 and 4?
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on

Path said:

bug or intended?

Only 2 is actually tedious, though, and that one is too useful not to use; it takes far too long to level up heroes through battles.

I don't find the TK economy particularly hard to handle, but apparently many do (and then this can come in handy). Then again, the same players seem to think Settra's start is hard because of the savage orcs...
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    8th book of Nagash, doubles commandment strength. Use it with the cheaper construction commandment, it makes quite a difference. And it's not an exploit. Could be van add in one of those followers, still wouldn't be an exploit.
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832

Path said:

bug or intended?

On 1, sacking and then waiting for its garrison gathers again... then repeat. Best if the settlement is close to your border so you can replenish the same turn. If there are two very close settlements... sack one of them and then another next turn;

On 2, for caster hero (except Tomb Kings'), use steal technology;

On 4, get an inhabitable settlement near friendly sea... loot and occupy, go back sea to replenish. Rebel comes, farm the rebel and go back sea to replenish... if rebel takes back the settlement... repeat the process.

By the way, these tricks / exploits (whatever one likes to name them) surely break multiplayer campaign.

Path said:

bug or intended?

On 1, sacking and then waiting for its garrison gathers again... then repeat. Best if the settlement is close to your border so you can replenish the same turn. If there are two very close settlements... sack one of them and then another next turn;

On 2, for caster hero (except Tomb Kings'), use steal technology;

On 4, get an inhabitable settlement near friendly sea... loot and occupy, go back sea to replenish. Rebel comes, farm the rebel and go back sea to replenish... if rebel takes back the settlement... repeat the process.

By the way, these tricks / exploits (whatever one likes to name them) surely break multiplayer campaign.
    Thank you! Is there a version 2 for Tomb Kings?
    And then we have those who earn more than most empires from a single province.

Thutep + the Geheb ritual allow you to build the tier 4 infrastructure buildings in one turn, so he's certainly useful for cheesing money.
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Registered Users Posts: 1,272
    Path said:

Thutep + the Geheb ritual allow you to build the tier 4 infrastructure buildings in one turn, so he's certainly useful for cheesing money.
    ya I saw that. It came in handy when I was building my empire!
    Path said:

It is beautiful. How did you farm so many slaves? Where do they grow? Do you know any special techniques or tricks to cultivate them properly?
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Registered Users Posts: 1,272

Path said:

It is beautiful. How did you farm so many slaves? Where do they grow? Do you know any special techniques or tricks to cultivate them properly?
    You get them from winning battles and conquering new territories. You just have to select the option to get more slaves at the end of the battle. You want to manage which province is getting slaves and how many and you also want to stop lower level and financially weak provinces from getting any so that your provinces that are making the $ can get more slaves.

Path said:

You get them from winning battles and conquering new territories. You just have to select the option to get more slaves at the end of the battle. You want to manage which province is getting slaves and how many and you also want to stop lower level and financially weak provinces from getting any so that your provinces that are making the $ can get more slaves.
    Pretty much. After that it's just a matter of stacking enough bonuses to slave income -- Malekith, all your assassins (potentially 25% for a level 10 assassin IIRC, if you can be bothered), the rite etc -- in your top province to get stupid numbers.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    I love the way you build up slow in TK. It's TRULY the most PERFECT DLC ever, and just THE PERFECT faction for me personally.

I love building out my empire slow. Because I enjoy early/mid game most.

I am at turn 176 with Settra now and STILL fighting with some lesser kings and Arkhan. It just stays interesting. Also I finally be able to build some pyramids. With I look very forward to

All with all, it just keeps interesting! All the dynasties lords and there different themed armies , all the AMAZING looking units and buildings and cities, the many different amount of maps ..

I am blown away with how Tomb Kings is. It's truly perfect and the best DLC ever brought out to date in my opinion :)
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor