Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA why do you insist in this? I seriously dont understand...

CarbaCarba Registered Users Posts: 7
I have a good PC (I5 4690K, GTX 1070 - high settings with NO AA) and cant get past 30 fps in tomb kings... why? because CA, even if they know they have a very heavy game, insist in include spells and stuff like that that affects a large part of the already big TK army making appear lots ands lots of mini particle effects that kills the performance...

I dont like to insult but... are you stupid CA? seriously, wich is the person that makes those decision? why would you take this rally heavy game and add and add stuff so anybody, except the nasa, can play past the 45 fps??

Comments

• CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,130
    Well I play between 90 and 145 fps on everything maxed so does that mean I'm nasa?
    I'm nusally not a grammar Nazi but

"I dont like to insult but... are you stupid CA? seriously, wich is the person that makes those decision?" - Is really worthy of putting in my signature line.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 1,883
    Intel Core i7 3770 + GTX 1070 and I can get 30+ fps in TK dlc. (AA is 4x). Anyway game is not optimised. I have ugly stuttering(permanent fps drops) while I am clicking on my lords in strategy map.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 638
    Carba said:

I have a good PC (I5 4690K, GTX 1070 - high settings with NO AA) and cant get past 30 fps in tomb kings... why? because CA, even if they know they have a very heavy game, insist in include spells and stuff like that that affects a large part of the already big TK army making appear lots ands lots of mini particle effects that kills the performance...

I dont like to insult but... are you stupid CA? seriously, wich is the person that makes those decision? why would you take this rally heavy game and add and add stuff so anybody, except the nasa, can play past the 45 fps??

My imagined CA response: "We dun programd dem grafics rigt gud. Yu dun nead tuh fix dat puter of yers."
  • FeeblezakFeeblezak Registered Users Posts: 29
    So you want a Tomb Kings army without magic?

Such a thing is heretical.
  • CwenraedCwenraed Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 708
    There are mods which reduce many of the graphical effects if they are troubling you.
    Do not disturb my circles >:)
  • CarbaCarba Registered Users Posts: 7
    CnConrad said:

I'm nusally not a grammar Nazi but

"I dont like to insult but... are you stupid CA? seriously, wich is the person that makes those decision?" - Is really worthy of putting in my signature line.

in my country we dont speak english as a native languaje
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    I have a decent computer, but nothing extreme and I have no problem getting 40+ with everything maxed and for me, for a strategy game, that's fine for me. Even on massive siege battles I don't drop below 30 when all the units are clumped up. I'm even planning on overhauling my PC later this year or early next year to stay current. The only thing in my PC newer than 3-5 years old is my video card which I upgrade every couple of years. That's an overclocked 1070. Otherwise I'm on 16GB of DDR4 1600mhz RAM and an aging Intel Core i7-4770K. My Samsung Evo Pro SSD is pretty solid though so I don't think I'd be upgrading that. Anyway, most of my system is close to 5 years old and TWWH2 performs decently in it. Though I will say it is about 5-10 fps slower than WH1.
    Later
  • ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014
    I have an older GTX 660 and I very rarely have issues with FPS. I have to be fighting a 3v3 before my stuff starts tanking. And I have most of my settings at the highest level. I don't see how you can be having any issues at all.
  • cjmstatecjmstate Registered Users Posts: 63
    This game is much more CPU intensive than GPU. Get yourselves a good CPU + install on SSD to help alleviate a lot of the problems.
  • ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014

Carba said:

My imagined CA response: "We dun programd dem grafics rigt gud. Yu dun nead tuh fix dat puter of yers."

As a Southerner I have to say that, there is technically nothing wrong with that statement. It's perfectly reasonable advice.
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 397
    edited January 2018
    The OP is extremely disrespectful, but he still has a point.

I have an i7 8700k paired with 16GB 3200 Mhz CAS latency 14 RAM, a GTX 1080 Ti with the game installed on an SSD. I play on Windows 10 at 1440p. I have some settings such as Screen Space Reflections set to Off and Shadows set to High, and the game will still tank on some situations. Some spell and buff effects are completely overkill. The VC crumbling VFX is a performance killer, the Empire's Hold the Line! buff is a performance killer, etc. Unless you are running the game at 720p with everything set to low, a single Balefire Corpse Cart will absolutely tank your FPS when you zoom in on it.

Once again, the OP is incredibly disrespectful and out of line. But the OP does have a point.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    That's so weird. My PC is worse than yours in most ways, and though I only play at 1080p, I have no issues with FPS with everything set to its highest setting.
    Later
    Selakah said:

I have an i7 8700k paired with 16GB 3200 Mhz CAS latency 14 RAM, a GTX 1080 Ti with the game installed on an SSD. I play on Windows 10 at 1440p. I have some settings such as Screen Space Reflections set to Off and Shadows set to High, and the game will still tank on some situations. Some spell and buff effects are completely overkill. The VC crumbling VFX is a performance killer, the Empire's Hold the Line! buff is a performance killer, etc. Unless you are running the game at 720p with everything set to low, a single Balefire Corpse Cart will absolutely tank your FPS when you zoom in on it.

Once again, the OP is incredibly disrespectful and out of line. But the OP does have a point.

That's my same PC granted I'm playing 1080 but I have everything turned on max and i don't notice frame drops

I will admit if I zoomed in all the way just as a wall falls or a big spell goes off and fills my screen I drop into the 60's.
  • EgonicEgonic Registered Users Posts: 156
    Selakah said:

He most definitely doesn't have any point, nor do you.
    There is a long bug report regarding certain effects tanking performance when they shouldn't, and since it is marked as "in progress", that should simply mean it's being looked into.

So I am curious, how does a bug equal to CA being stupid and making bad design choices that intentionally destroys performance?
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,142
    If you don't have the computer for it, just take the graphic settings down one peg. Ultra setting is for the people who have the computers for it and want to experience the game in all it's glory.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • zspianozspiano Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 372
    You need this.

4770K, 980TI, 8Grams, SSD, game works fine with me even in 60 units battle (mine 20 vs vampire coast 40) cuz I set up DX11with FXAA, no shadow no screen space reflection.

You can not use your 1070 to play with a big screen, resolution make your game performance taxing, mine is 1080p.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,143
    edited January 2018
    Posts containing personal direct insult posts deleted.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • julius_civilisjulius_civilis Registered Users Posts: 365
    Maybe you need a driver update? My game is running smooth as butter on high settings and I've got lower specs..
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 623
    best posts on this forum (and reddit)

(insert game / faction) is too hard playing on (insert high difficulty)

...proceed to complain and moan and pitch wacky "balance" ideas, cause they refuse to acknowledge the difficulty bar and that they aren't as good as they think they are.

second best posts on this forum (and reddit)

why cant my (average) PC run this brand new, CPU and GPU intensive game on high settings whilst maintaining high FPS.

... proceed to blame CA for their X year old PC not running like the top-end rigs on youtube do

god bless the interwebs
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,281
    Quite rude. Shamefur Dispray :(
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • FEARtheMooseFEARtheMoose Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 139
    zspiano said:

You need this.

Thanks for posting that btw! Very helpful.

So im running Intel Processor i7-7800X 16GB of DDR4 GTX 1070 8GB, and can get 40-45fps which is consistent on campaign map and battles but im running it on max settings and at 1920 resolution. It seems if i was to turn it down to 1440 it would boost that decently right?
  • UrgatUrgat Registered Users Posts: 996
    If the frame rate isn't good enough, lower your visuals settings (that's what they're for), it'll achieve the same results as CA not putting them in in the first place... I don't have the latest computer, I lowered stuff, I'm not so entitled that I'd ask for CA to lower the visuals of their games for me and ignore the people who have better rigs...
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 742
    I'm on high/ultra settings with an i5 6600k and gtx 1060 and I get like 30-40 at the lowest
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 304
    CnConrad said:

Well I play between 90 and 145 fps on everything maxed so does that mean I'm nasa?

so you play battles with 1-2 units then? sure i hav 100 fps too with max settings but any battle with more then 40 units will lag unless you play in the laboratory where the game is actually optimized. you will get animation stuttering and massive frame drops on big battles anywhere outside the lab (20v20 battles)

worst examples of fps drops is corpse carts and warp lightning cannon if you zoom in where they hit
  • shenshinomanshenshinoman Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited January 2018
    I've got a laptop I just use for friends when they come over to play LAN. It's running a i7 6700k, and a gtx 880m (note the m even) I still get 40 FPS on maxed settings for this game. [I do have an SSD installed, but also as old as the rest of the computer].. So something tells me its how the newer architecture handles the game.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,211
    Just use the mod that disables particle effects. They are very performance hungry.