Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Give us your feedback on Total War Collector's Editions

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 769Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
What do you want to see in future Total War Collector’s Editions?

Take the survey to let us know: surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D3PKN9Z

Comments

• oxiregamotooxiregamoto Posts: 14Registered Users
    All of your collectors editions ,exept maybe attila, are amazing ! just dont do it with the saga games , better have a anthology collectors editions when you think you are done , or something like a gold edtion (like the past games) that includes all of them with some goodies !
    Thank you CA for all the good times !!!!!!!!!
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,404Registered Users
    I judge the value of CE versions of games on its content's survivability beyond the game itself. Sometimes, that value is not quite what I imagine the good people from CA had in mind: I made placemats out of a few copies from the cloth map supplied with the RTW2 CE. Even my wife loves them.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 73Registered Users
    Something you can touch, a Map, Poster, Figure's, a Mug ( not just with a picture or text but like one for each race of warhammer :smiley:
    and ofcourse stickers, yeah, more stickers on my desktop.
  • eXteNioneXteNion Posts: 37Registered Users
    Collector's Editions were mostly bad. I'd prefer the return of Gold Editions. The Shogun 2 Gold Edition was your best product ever! I'm more into small and cheap merch than 120$ pre-order non-sense thingies. How can I like a game before it even exists...
  • CountOfUSACountOfUSA Senior Member Posts: 902Registered Users
    The High King Collector's edition seemed to be the best in my opinion. Multiple items but generally useful for more than looking at, drinking horn, sharpening stone etc. I wish I had managed to grab one before...
    Team Western Empire. (Get rid of that bloat!)
    Fredrin wrote: »
    Nice! Who needs a palantir when you have an official wiki eh?
  • DMA64DMA64 Posts: 67Registered Users
    I like the smaller ones like the steelbooks to Warhammer. It should include something to read through while not playing the game that gives you lore infos, infos to the world.
  • NanitudineNanitudine Posts: 3Registered Users

The High King Collector's edition seemed to be the best in my opinion. Multiple items but generally useful for more than looking at, drinking horn, sharpening stone etc. I wish I had managed to grab one before...

Marker said:

Something you can touch, a Map, Poster, Figure's, a Mug ( not just with a picture or text but like one for each race of warhammer :smiley:
    and ofcourse stickers, yeah, more stickers on my desktop.

That's my though too.

I REALLY likes the map from the High King Edition, and i would like to have more maps like it. Horn and ring were amazin too.

A bit disappointed with the amulet, which is in plastic but ehy, you can't have eerything ^^
  • NymuraxNymurax Junior Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    I was tempted by the High King edition. I thought the ring, wetstone, horn and map were really cool but ultimately I don't wear rings or necklaces so they would simply lay around gathering dust. The drinking horn seemed awesome and I would actually use it to drink beers except that it was made out of plastic making it instantly unappealing to me, regardless of grade or quality. Stone/ceramic might have been to heavy plus breakable but I'd have prefered that or metal.

I did buy the Serpent God Edition, the globe lays around gathering dust but in this case I don't mind as it is inherently a display item and not wearable. I generally keep the totems inside but I take them out for boardgames, even if it's just monopoly, it's much more fun! Sticker sheet is pretty much useless to me but the map is very cool and the only thing about the High King box that survived consideration and I thus missed. The memory stick was very cool and I like it's content and do like the necklace option here (I consider it a keychain), the major downside is that it's only 4 GB. These days you can pick up a Sandisk or other A-list brand stick of 32 GB for 10 euro's/pounds outside of sales so this is largely inexcuseable to me.

The standard stuff:
    - Steelcase: I wouldn't pay extra for a base game + steel case set but it's a nice item and to me should be standard in any larger CE.
    - Decorations on CE Box: Nice bit of fluff but doesn't add any appeal for me.
    - Artbook: Always like this inclusion, even if I leaf through it at most twice a year

• Reloader1Reloader1 Posts: 17Registered Users
    My thoughts, for some reason I hadn’t seen this:

1. Canvas map - These are gorgeous, I have the Rome 2 map and was disappointed that Attila came with a paper one. A must have!

2. Art book - 10-30 pages of game art are always a a treat, great to peruse later

3. Historical battles - if there are Historical Battles in the titles, perhaps cards/coasters with a description and illustration of how the battles played out?

4. Digital content - I’d really love to have an in-game unit that is only available to CE owners for the first 3 months or so, then patched for everyone. It doesn’t have to be a late game unit, just something “unique”

5. Permanent content - this is the coasters, mugs, placemats, etc. All I ask is that if it is a coaster or mat, that they be made of plastic, and drinking items should be glass.
  • BenjinBenjin Junior Member Posts: 240Registered Users
    I think at least a map of the campaign map could be cool.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.