Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bad performance on a brand new computer

Crispian11Crispian11 Posts: 7Registered Users
edited February 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Hey guys! I have a new PC with a 1080ti and an i7-8700k. During battles I get framedrops down to 40 and sometimes 30 fps while playing on 1080p resolution. Is this performance supposed to be normal? I get amazing performance in other performance heavy games so I don't think there's anything wrong with my hardware. I play on Ultra settings.

One thing I've noticed is that turning off SSAO gives me a 30-35 fps boost.

I have also checked the Bus interface issue using GPU-Z that I saw someone else mentioning in another thread. During the stress test it runs at x16 3.0 just as it should, so that can't be the issue!
Post edited by Crispian11 on

Comments

• sarkonassarkonas Posts: 30Registered Users
    The problem is probably not on your end. Many high end NVIDIA users have performance problems and SSAO bugs, just check out the rest of this part of the forum. Sorry
  • Crispian11Crispian11 Posts: 7Registered Users
    sarkonas said:

The problem is probably not on your end. Many high end NVIDIA users have performance problems and SSAO bugs, just check out the rest of this part of the forum. Sorry

Is that something new with this patch? I saw several comments both in this forum and on Reddit and even 4chan with people who had huge fps drops with SSAO on. Apparently CA is working on it?
  • sarkonassarkonas Posts: 30Registered Users
    SSAO and shadows were bugged since day 1, performance dropped significantly with the release of Mortal Empires. Apparently CA is working on it, but they have communicated very little about it, which has most of us very worried.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file