Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Extreme Underutilization

FlashFearsomeBearFlashFearsomeBear Posts: 1Registered Users
Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
3.2 GHz
6 cores
GTX 1070
6 gb
16 gb RAM
HDD (didn't put on the SSD because it's an older game)

Problem:
I picked up TW: Shogun 2 during the steam winter sale, but it runs like absolute garbage. I can run Witcher 3 on high-ultra settings with hairworks, but I'm getting 8 FPS on this 7 year old game... I've tried to up the video memory, but it stays locked at 673 mb (I went through appdata and edited preferences). My gpu is never above 30% use, but I don't think that's the biggest issue, what is is the cpu. The cpu doesn't go over 10% utilization and, since this is an RTS, cpu is a big deal. And the problems don't stop there, it also takes 5 minutes to boot the game, and it takes the same amount of time to load anything in game. I know I installed the game on an HDD, but its 72000 RPM, which is what would have been used 7 years ago. It's also not w/r anything too big, but the under utilization for the HDD is near 0% the entire time!

I'm sorry for this rambling mess of a post, it's just frustrating not being able to play such an awesome looking game :(

Utilization:

CPU : <10%

GPU : <30%

HDD : ~0%

FPS : 7-8

Comments

• seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 4,569Registered Users
    Only the battles or also campaign map?
    In battles I have sometimes problems if the AI has pathfinding issues on bridge battles or is it a persisting problem?