Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Luminark? More like a 2100 Flashlight

Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior MemberPosts: 19,629Registered Users
The Luminark has been nerfed into the ground and now barely can take down anything despite having a very low firing rate and low ammo. Need all ten shots to kill Mannfred on a dragon, of which at least 33% won't hit, and 6-7 for any of the larger monsters, again with a good percentage of them missing. If anything gets close to the Luminark like cheapo' Fel Bats it's practically out of commission for good.

This is stupid and inexcusable, a unit that expensive with that many downsides should at least be able to kill its intended targets reliably. Make the Luminark powerful again or cut down the price severely.

Comments

• ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Posts: 1,055Registered Users

The Luminark has been nerfed into the ground and now barely can take down anything despite having a very low firing rate and low ammo. Need all ten shots to kill Mannfred on a dragon, of which at least 33% won't hit, and 6-7 for any of the larger monsters, again with a good percentage of them missing. If anything gets close to the Luminark like cheapo' Fel Bats it's practically out of commission for good.

This is stupid and inexcusable, a unit that expensive with that many downsides should at least be able to kill its intended targets reliably. Make the Luminark powerful again or cut down the price severely.

Luminark theme ? Realise he Krak... eh, I mean comrade yst.
  • ystyst Posts: 5,679Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    Lol only now ppl realised they r total garbage? I been testing and calling out for help over 2-3 patches now.

Also all my tests concluded they r actually bugged due to the fact their explosive dmg doesnt apply at all.

Think of it as a cygor that doesnt splash, so basically u threw ur boulder in the middle of a pack of say hammerers, managed to kill say 10 of them, normally ull see the hammere left with 60% hp or so, but in this case they r still left with like 90% hp due to splash not applying.

They r by design suppose to be king of artillery, which they r, even in lore. But right now a cannon does better in any situation then them. It does a lot of painful shots right now, such as killing 4 bestigor leaving the regiment at 96% hp taking a full buckshot of luminark in the face. Trading a $210 shot and getting $42 return and thats on a 1k+ elite inf lol

Oh btw did manfred survives? I tried mine, spent all 10 on it, missed like bloody 4 and its still flying around like nothing happen lol, gg $2100. Its quite ridiculous, despite the -90%+ dmg since release they even nerf the accuracy.

Tbh even at $1000 i wouldnt bring it. Killing 4-5 grails just isnt worth it, 0 splash dmg so still leaves them at 90% odd health. And ull never get 10 hits, adding the misses and everything, ure still making a loss. Cannon on the other hand at $800 ull start bombarding 25% further than luminark, reloads faster, 1 cannon ball alone does more dmg than luminark in this case and u have 3 in a battery. Its funny how this thing doesnt even do 10% of what a drag breath does.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • JoukeSeinstraJoukeSeinstra Posts: 256Registered Users
    It's because they were used in WH1 for LL sniping. I think Ninjahund popularized it. He still seems to get it to work on the unsuspecting player.
    1. It's a snipe cannon
    2. people shoot lords
    3. ???
    4. profit
    edited February 2018

It's because they were used in WH1 for LL sniping. I think Ninjahund popularized it. He still seems to get it to work on the unsuspecting player.

1. It's a snipe cannon
    2. people shoot lords
    3. ???
    4. profit
    Anyway dont be ridiculous, profit from shooting lords? U must be dreaming lol.

Warhammer 2016, prolly lol. U be super lucky to hit like 800 on an armoured lord. That is if u managed not to miss

Cannons do way more sniping lords, even have a better accuracy
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    I'll just post the same suggestion I have come with half a year ago again.

give it like +500 or +1,000 bonus versus large and accuracy buff/wider projectile. that way it becomes worth its 2100€ prize tag for large single entities like monsters or lords on dragons and the like, but remains fairly underpowered against unmounted heroes/lords, aswell as monstrous inf/cav/missiles. no large explosion needed, counter builds and counter play possible and widely accessible.

done and done

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • h455566hhh455566hh Posts: 36Registered Users
    Drop the price to 1400 and increase range to 400, cap at 1. Keep everything else the same.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Posts: 2,744Registered Users
    -100g; +5 speed; +2 ammo and make the magic resistance of the "Guarding Aura"- physical resistance
    edited February 2018
    TeNoSkill said:

-100g; +5 speed; +2 ammo and make the magic resistance of the "Guarding Aura"- physical resistance

Nah would not change a thing. -$1000 is more fitting for the current one.

Your suggestion is more cater for if it does splash dmg, which it current do not and works exactly like a ballista bolt, nothing more which is pathetic.

Ammo needs to double, frikking cygor got 25. +100% ammo -50% dmg, fix the bugged splash.

The biggest change ill push forward is really the +10 ammo and -50% dmg. Would make this unit perfect, barely 400 dmg on single model, good enough against monster, and the weaker dmg but more ammo will make it viable to aim at elite inf or cav. At $105 per shot it will be viable. Currently waywatcher type unit r getting their value kills easily over 200-300% their costs emptying their quivers on the right target. Luminark, even when firing at the perfect right costly target will result in net loss.

After further testing, I overestimated luminarks power. I thought a $800 cannon battery is better than it, but unfortunately it is now just an overglorified dwf ballista which Im so sorry to say, weaker than dwf ballista. I dont know how a $2100 unit can be weaker than a $550 ballista, but it just is.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,084Registered Users
    Luminark must be fixed, it's trash now, and their shots can be dodged and blocked too, just have a felbat unit in front of the flying lord to absorb the shot if needed. CA plz fix Luminark.
  • ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    TeNoSkill said:

Still can't hit a s***. No reason to spend 2100 for this firework.
  • kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 490Registered Users
    Bow Ubshabti should cost more considering it's basically a mobile Luminark on Steroids.
    Over the same period of time ballista do 840 ap over 6 bolts vs junkinark 1 bolt of 950 which have a major tendency to miss.

They both kill somewhat around 4-8 kills per volley, both has 0 splash, except ballista has 340 range vs 300. Ammo of 22 vs 10, and half the reload speed of 10 secs.

Luminark really need those shots to be dispersed into smaller less powerful caliber.

In addition to splash bug needing fix, -50% dmg and adding 10 ammo is pretty much a must. $210 per shot is IMPOSSIBLE to be viable, and it also causes noobs to qq about lord sniping. Even $105 per shot its difficult to justify when waywatcher similar ap per volley only costs $45.

Solheim bolt specifically says its a highly accurate bolt over long distance but in reality it even misses a netted target, super depressing.

We r talking about the shaggoth and star dragon of the empire, but clearly theres no value in both tank and luminark
    yst said:

Over the same period of time ballista do 840 ap over 6 bolts vs junkinark 1 bolt of 950 which have a major tendency to miss.

They both kill somewhat around 4-8 kills per volley, both has 0 splash, except ballista has 340 range vs 300. Ammo of 22 vs 10, and half the reload speed of 10 secs.

Luminark really need those shots to be dispersed into smaller less powerful caliber.

In addition to splash bug needing fix, -50% dmg and adding 10 ammo is pretty much a must. $210 per shot is IMPOSSIBLE to be viable, and it also causes noobs to qq about lord sniping. Even $105 per shot its difficult to justify when waywatcher similar ap per volley only costs $45.

Solheim bolt specifically says its a highly accurate bolt over long distance but in reality it even misses a netted target, super depressing.

We r talking about the shaggoth and star dragon of the empire, but clearly theres no value in both tank and luminark

They both cost above 2K when you can get a 50 Speed Mobile arty that destroys every other arty and kills Lords. Only for 19.99$.
    edited February 2018
    @CA_Duck investigate this major problem when u next log on. Thanks in advance, also if ure able to provide some insights to steamtank that would be great, coz both r easily below $1500 worth, with luminark way, way underneath that.
    yst said:

@CA_Duck investigate this major problem when u next log on. Thanks in advance, also if ure able to provide some insights to steamtank that would be great, coz both r easily below $1500 worth, with luminark way, way underneath that.

Why does the hydra cost 1.8k?
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Pretty good against the TKs
    Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows

Luminark gets **** on by Ubshabti with great bows.

Lol it doesnt, 3 breath and u get free hydra, realistically speaking its $0-$300 worst case. Of coz u can always spend it on skaven slaves
    edited February 2018

So what u getting for that $210 shot?

If it survives ush bow lol

Doesnt matter, just needed word from the dev itself as clearly it cant even deal $1000 worth, and thats using 100% ammo on say a $1500 demis
    yst said:

Lol it doesnt, 3 breath and u get free hydra, realistically speaking its $0-$300 worst case. Of coz u can always spend it on skaven slaves
    Do you know how slow this thing is.

Your elite infantry has all the time in the world to walk away while you fire at it. Also it's crap melee defense and leadership makes it really bad in combat.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,229Registered Users
    Luminark at least works in conjunction with the net to a degree but hydra is just wtf at the moment, it needs $300 gold reduction.
    edited February 2018

Luminark at least works in conjunction with the net to a degree but hydra is just wtf at the moment, it needs $300 gold reduction.

Lol thats sorry but ive to say extremely bad suggestion.

Risk going 100m waste mana on net for 1 luminark shot for <800 dmg or so lol. And i mean why do ppl assume itll get hit lol, it has inaccuracy as bad as hell cannon. Depends on range ull prolly just have 60-65% chance of hitting a stationary target.

Lol better off that mana casting leech, which do way more dmg per mana and 100% hit. Not to mention thats about the most u get 1 nark, 1 way watch do frikking more dmg on a glade net that this garbage net nark and free of mana.

Ill gladly pay $2100 to swap hydra into empire roster.

Anyway devs designed this, so need to know whats the whole idea for an auto lose unit, the one and only unit in game with such performance.
    Why go out of range wait till he comes to you and in the meantime shoot something else, but rate if fire could be increassed. I think you keep on forgetting im also saying luminark needs buffs, i dont understand why you keep omitting this. Just i think hydra is worse.

Anyway in my view luminark needs

Bigger explosion radius (this could mean more **** in damage from direct to explosion)
    Faster rate of fire (-1.5s)
    Obstruction fixes
    Slight cost reduction (-150gold)
    More ammo +2

I know u will respond with no monit needs -700 or something like that but be realistic it actually has its uses but its not great at the moment. Dont suggest overbuffing it and making it a pick in every roster the buffs above i think would help make it a viable unit without being an auto pick.
    edited February 2018

Why go out of range wait till he comes to you and in the meantime shoot something else, but rate if fire could be increassed. I think you keep on forgetting im also saying luminark needs buffs, i dont understand why you keep omitting this. Just i think hydra is worse.

Bigger explosion radius (this could mean more **** in damage from direct to explosion)
    Obstruction fixes
    More ammo +2

I know u will respond with no monit needs -700 or something like that but be realistic it actually has its uses but its not great at the moment. Dont suggest overbuffing it and making it a pick in every roster the buffs above i think would help make it a viable unit without being an auto pick.

Nah bigger explo radius doesnt realy help much at all.

It has 0 splash lol, killing 2-3 more bestigor not gonna justify anything lol. Right now it can kill 4-8 bestigors. 0 splash so ure talking 6% of 1050. So $210 to deal $63 worth.

Way watch is about $43+ per volley, deals easily 8-11%, $80-$100 easily. But coz u can always shoots somethinf like a bloodknight, demis, construct whatever, which any other elite range will scale up the returns much, much better than nark

Current state need around -$1000 coz a single cannon gives u more returns, unfortunate proven fact, sadly

U can always wait for a sureshot doesnt change the fact 850ap is pathetic, 1 waywatch volley is over 1500+ap, even if u miss 40% ure still better off. If nark miss lol the next shot is $420, it better destroys an entire swordsman, not kill 9 out of 120 and 0 splash lol....

Anything more than $100 per shot makes 0 sense.
    Post edited by yst on
    yst said:

Obstruction fixes
    More ammo +2

Nah bigger explo radius doesnt realy help much at all.

It has 0 splash lol, killing 2-3 more bestigor not gonna justify anything lol. Right now it can kill 4-8 bestigors. 0 splash so ure talking 6% of 1050. So $210 to deal $63 worth.

Way watch is about $43+ per volley, deals easily 8-11%, $80-$100 easily. But coz u can always shoots somethinf like a bloodknight, demis, construct whatever, which any other elite range will scale up the returns much, much better than nark

Current state need around -$1000 coz a single cannon gives u more returns, unfortunate proven fact, sadly
    -1000 cost is absolutly idiotic idea.

you complain that each shot kills too few units yet your against explosion radious buffs...what

Your calculations for value are wrong also you forgeting other factors involved, such as actuall damage etc. (Luminark meeds only 2 good shots on a lord to pay its value).

only 2 good shots on a lord to pay its value).

Lol u sleeping or what, 1500 dmg justify $2100? LOLLLLLL

yst said:

If it kills a lord than hell yeah.
    edited February 2018

yst said:

If it kills a lord than hell yeah.
    Is it just me or is Warplightning cannons basically a Better Luminark for a cheaper price?

It isn't as crazy as Bow Ushabti, it'll still die to skirmishers in melee and does have drawbacks.

Someone should do a test on how fast each of them kill a Target of various sizes with and without attempts to dodge shots.
    edited February 2018

Is it just me or is Warplightning cannons basically a Better Luminark for a cheaper price?

It isn't as crazy as Bow Ushabti, it'll still die to skirmishers in melee and does have drawbacks.

Someone should do a test on how fast each of them kill a Target of various sizes with and without attempts to dodge shots.

Its a battery of 3 improved luminark clumped together, albiet less dmg per bolt but double or more on unit PER cannon. Almost double ammo too

Even after luminark -$1100 costs, it will be hard not to pick cannon over it at just $800 as it does less dmg than cannon.

Hence the wait for @ca_duck insights as to why such a worthless piece of junk exists in game, albeit being the super weapon of empire faction, the star drag equivalent status of empire
    Post edited by yst on
  • GodOfGobbozGodOfGobboz Posts: 144Registered Users
    10 shots to kill Manfred? lol no, it kills him in like 3 shots. do the math.