Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

After playing TW;WH 1 and 2, I want a life action movie!

Total War ftwTotal War ftw MemberPosts: 1,237Registered Users
I'm sure I'll get roasted by some die hard lore whores for this but I DON'T CARE! Lol.. There is so much lore behind all these characters and I'm really digging the store behind all the factions. When I watch the promo videos and trailers with friends, they say it reminds them of Lord of the Rings and I can totally see that! I think if done right, this can either be at the same epic level of LOTR or even exceed it! It has the lore and good characters development and MASSIVE fanbase to support it. Dawn of War would also be a good movie. What do you yall think the chances of this happening are?

Comments

• WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 452Registered Users
    I don't really see it happening anytime soon, but I will admit it is an interesting thing to think about and certainly sounds cool.
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Posts: 1,237Registered Users

I don't really see it happening anytime soon, but I will admit it is an interesting thing to think about and certainly sounds cool.

Ya I don't even see the idea being entertained. :( One can only hope!
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    I would love seeing a Warhammer Netflix Series....

Maybe featuring Gotrek and Felix...
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,678Registered Users
    edited February 2018

I'm sure I'll get roasted by some die hard lore whores for this but I DON'T CARE! Lol.. There is so much lore behind all these characters and I'm really digging the store behind all the factions. When I watch the promo videos and trailers with friends, they say it reminds them of Lord of the Rings and I can totally see that! I think if done right, this can either be at the same epic level of LOTR or even exceed it! It has the lore and good characters development and MASSIVE fanbase to support it. Dawn of War would also be a good movie. What do you yall think the chances of this happening are?

There is one more franchise in setting similar to Warhammer's one with a way bigger fan base and it's movie did not do well. Moreover I have not heard about single company interested in Warhammer movie.
  • FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    I would love to see some Warhammer on either the big or little screen one day. Personally I would like a War of Vengence series, in particular I would want to see all fourteen sieges of Tor Alessi.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 638Registered Users

Hmmm, it looks like another poster already alluded to the Warcraft movie. I would not expect anything better than it's production values and writing for a Warhammer movie, and it would probably be substantially less.

LOTR is the foundation for modern fantasy, and one of the most popular book series in the last 100 years. It's laughable to put the stories in Warhammer on the same level, or to think it could generate more than a fraction of the interest.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 844Registered Users
    I don't want live action, I want full cg netflix movie that looks like the trailers.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,523Registered Users
    edited February 2018

HBO should make an series with Sigvald as the main character. :D
  • KerakKerak Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

HBO should make an series with Sigvald as the main character. :D

Thats not HBO, thats brazzers my good sir.....

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,099Registered Users
    Warhammer Endtimes : The New Hope
    Warhammer Endtimes : Chaos Strike Back
    Warhammer Endtimes : Return of the Emperor
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• copperd123copperd123 Posts: 237Registered Users
    The fantasy realm and 40k universe are really too in depth to adequately put in a regular film or even film series. Ask yourself what would the film adaption cover? How would you convey the lore in a meaningful way where people would understand what's going on? For me personally best way would be to make a TV/Netflix series and get people interested in Warhammer, Gotrek and Felix would be fantastic but honestly i'd rather see 40k with the intention to eventually do the horus heresy
  • IsildursHairIsildursHair Posts: 55Registered Users
    100% if i had the money. I'd pay Blur studios to keep making more warhammer vids like this:

It's an absolute tragedy more people don't know how entertaining a warhammer movie or series would be.

Even an animated short action series would do. All the warhammer fantasy and 40k trailers have been great.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    They made a 40k movie starring the ultra marines with Dan Abnett writing either the plot or the dialogue or both. It sucked completely and utterly.
  • BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    Don't see it happening too many movie studios would be afraid of it turning out like the Warcraft movie.
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,626Registered Users

Don't see it happening too many movie studios would be afraid of it turning out like the Warcraft movie.

Why, that one was a resounding box-office success. Unfortunately. I think the sole reason that one was made so that people could say "Yeah, the Hobbit trilogy was lame, but it didn't stink as much as Warcraft".

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,122Registered Users, Moderators
    Watch that terrible King Arthur: Legend of the Sword movie. It felt like a WHFB movie. It even mirrored "The Emperor's Armies" book I read. Bad sorcerer dude starts building a tower, fights good guys. Etc.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • IsildursHairIsildursHair Posts: 55Registered Users
    An animated series would probably work better. 2.5 hr stories involving the various races of warhammer, leading up to a chaos invasion finale would be cool. I don't think it needs to follow the lore books strictly either.

Season one to introduce the races and characters. Season two to get the forces of Order to unite and fight a giant chaos invasion.

Part 1: witch hunters discover skaven under ground, gets some help from dwarven heroes. Karl franz leads the empire to fight off some green skin invasion above ground. All manipulated by nurgle.

Part 2: High elves dealing with the cult of pleasure. Dark elves starting a war between the lizard men and tomb kings. Slaanesh pulling the strings.

Part 3: bretonnia and wood elves fighting vampire counts and maybe some ogre kingdoms characters somehow. Tzeentch involved.

Part 4: archaon gaining the favor of khorne and the other chaos gods, and leading an invasion involving the Warriors, daemons, beast men, norsca, and chaos dwarves.

Part 5: heroes of warhammer unite the forces of order, high elves, wood elves, empire, bretonnia, dwarves, and lizard men, to fight chaos.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,049Registered Users
    I want @boyfights to play Mel Gibson playing Orion.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users

Because I look exactly like azhag it will be the toughest role of my career, but I am up for the challenge. Someone send me a list of racist terms for all of the factions, I am a method actor and need to practice
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,049Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    boyfights said:

Because I look exactly like azhag it will be the toughest role of my career, but I am up for the challenge. Someone send me a list of racist terms for all of the factions, I am a method actor and need to practice
    Practise on these guys. @Arsenic and @HoneyBun can be the HE twins.

@Ephraim_Dalton is Volkmar. @Vanilla_Gorilla is Skarsnik because he gets attacked from all sides but still manages to underway around an argument, hitting your one unwalled settlement delaying the conflict by another 25 turns.

I'm Thorgrim since I never forgive a bug. @dge1 is Belegar trying to reclaim sanity on the forums but it's been usurped by a bunch of rowdy boyz that just want to fight.

Who did I miss?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,953Registered Users

I don't unserstand why they never made it, WH is such a big universe to portray both 40k and Fantasy.

I guess it's problem with GW greedy bastards.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,608Registered Users
    edited February 2018

Why, that one was a resounding box-office success. Unfortunately. I think the sole reason that one was made so that people could say "Yeah, the Hobbit trilogy was lame, but it didn't stink as much as Warcraft".
    It was not really that successful on an overall scale.
    Two articles for you that show why others may shy away from movie adaptions because of Warcraft
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-analysis-warcraft-avoids-910268?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR Box Office_2016-07-13 06:00:00_awashington&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_boxoffice

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/13/box-office-warcraft-is-a-430-million-flop/#165da5a133f3
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    edited February 2018

boyfights said:

Practise on these guys. @Arsenic and @HoneyBun can be the HE twins.

@Ephraim_Dalton is Volkmar. @Vanilla_Gorilla is Skarsnik because he gets attacked from all sides but still manages to underway around an argument, hitting your one unwalled settlement delaying the conflict by another 25 turns.

I'm Thorgrim since I never forgive a bug. @dge1 is Belegar trying to reclaim sanity on the forums but it's been usurped by a bunch of rowdy boyz that just want to fight.

Who did I miss?
    Equix is clearly malagor/beastmen; shows up every once in a while to cause havoc until finally being put to the sword, but inevitably always returning to pursue his grim mission

Otherwise A+ B)
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users
    You missed Sultan @MrJade , Mad Baron Mullah, @obippo The Myrmidian Apologist and @Nazred the Carpet Bomber
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    Past movies based on games have always been good.

Wait...

No, that's right, they're always terrible.
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    I think a single movie would be hard to do.
    Maybe someone can convince HBO to make a series?

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    Snotface said:

Past movies based on games have always been good.

Wait...

No, that's right, they're always terrible.

technical, you could say it would be a book translation, not a game one.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

Hell yes that would be awesome!! Probably even better than a movie lol!
    makar55 said:

There is one more franchise in setting similar to Warhammer's one with a way bigger fan base and it's movie did not do well. Moreover I have not heard about single company interested in Warhammer movie.
    What are you referring to?

Hmmm, it looks like another poster already alluded to the Warcraft movie. I would not expect anything better than it's production values and writing for a Warhammer movie, and it would probably be substantially less.

LOTR is the foundation for modern fantasy, and one of the most popular book series in the last 100 years. It's laughable to put the stories in Warhammer on the same level, or to think it could generate more than a fraction of the interest.
    I mentioned it because everyone I show the WH trailers to thinks LOTR instantly. I know there are heaps of differences but there is some similarities. It would essentially appeal to the same fan base.