Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

(New to total war) Will my pc run Total War Rome II?

teroidsteroids Posts: 2Registered Users
I am relatively new to Total War and also PC's in general, and I am wondering if my PC will run Rome II.

CPU - Intel Pentium g series, 3.50 GHz dual core
RAM - Ballistix 8gb DDR4 2400 mt/s
Graphics - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 TI OC

Help would be much appreciated, sorry for being so clueless haha.
Cheers :)

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,249Registered Users
    It doesn't seem to be weak enough to cause a 1050 TI serious problems in Warhammer, so I'd think Rome II should be fine unless it's a significantly higher load. It is a super weak processor though, completely incapable of handling the output of even a 1060.
  • teroidsteroids Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks for the reply, yeah I was thinking that too after looking into it. Probably better with just going with an Intel i5 3rd+ generation then right?
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,249Registered Users
    Your computer is compatible with a modern processor. I'd just save up a few hundred, the g4560(this should be your processor if you gave the right info up top) uses the same 7th generation compatible motherboard as kabylake i5's and i7's do.

You should be able to first replace your processor, then your video card, and double your ram, all without buying an entirely new system. I wouldn't put a 7700k into it without without making sure the motherboard is equipped to handle it, and you've potentially got space issues depending on what your case is, but there is quite the upgrade path potential there.