Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Any news?

LestaTLestaT Senior MemberPosts: 2,633Registered Users
Before or during the coming Chinese New Year?

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 2,352Registered Users
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that. They could be cheeky like that. I think we've basically exhausted any other innane and presumptuous topics we could talk about with what little info we have.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 2,633Registered Users
    Krunch said:

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. They could be cheeky like that. I think we've basically exhausted any other innane and presumptuous topics we could talk about with what little info we have.

CA may be busy for MWNL events now but there's also the Chinese Valentine's day next after the new year so maybe we can see some love then ?
  • Wtfah114Wtfah114 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Doubtful, judging by CA's usually pattern, February and march is going to be all about thrones, april and early may is probably all about Norsca and the accompany update to warhammer.
    Wtfah114 said:

Doubtful, judging by CA's usually pattern, February and march is going to be all about thrones, april and early may is probably all about Norsca and the accompany update to warhammer.

Never say never as this is the first time CA/SEGA actively trying to oenetrate the Chinese market. :)
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    edited February 16
    LestaT said:

Wtfah114 said:

Never say never as this is the first time CA/SEGA actively trying to oenetrate the Chinese market. :)
    Alongside the fact that we don´t know if CA really aim on the chinese market mainly (Shogun 2 also wasn´t for the japanese ) i don´t see any big news before E3. After E3 i think it will be advertised similar to Rome 2 (Rally Point etc.)

• AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 328Registered Users
    edited February 16
    We can safely assume that the summer will be focused on Three Kingdoms info, but I personally don't expect anything major until after ToB releases. I'd be surprised if we get any real news before then.
    LestaT said:

Wtfah114 said:

There's this big assumption that Three Kingdoms is geared towards the Chinese market, but a game's setting doesn't really have much to do with its audience - for instance, Medieval European settings dominated Japanese RPGs for decades and remain a staple of that genre, even for games that are never exported. As others have pointed out before, CA has never really done regional marketing pushes before - the Shogun games basically got zero marketing in Japan (not even language support) and are actually far, *far* less popular there than in the US & Europe, which are where the vast majority of Total War sales come from.

That said, Romance of the Three Kingdoms is so incredibly popular in China that just making a AAA game set during the time period is bound to make it popular there - Koei's games are proof of that. Though there might be some dissonance if CA winds up disregarding the mythical & fictional aspects of Romance in favor of a more historical approach.