Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Three Kingdoms Tec Requirements and Optimization

PetrichorPetrichor Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey guys,

I am sorry if this is duplicate threat, but I haven´t found any close to this.

I was just wondering what engine will TK use and if devs are going for broad optimization, meaning that as many computers will be able to run it as possible.

This is kinda important to me because I own gaming laptop, 2 years old, which is still pretty fine but could be better, however when I played Warhammer TW 2 i was really surprised that I wasnt able to play at least on medium settings with 30-40FPS and I am sorry to say this, but that game looks terrible on low.
I don´t know what kind of engine is Warhammer made on, but considering that I can run Total War Arena on ultra with 30-40FPS and it looks really nice compared to Warhammer I was wondering if there´s gonna be change of engine for TK or maybe better optimization.

Three Kingdoms looks like it´s going to be amazing and I absolutely love the idea of Total War in China (my favorite TW games are Medieval 2, Shogun 2 and Rome) and i would like to play with at least decent graphics because I expect it to look beautiful and colorful and stuff.

Comments

• BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    The system requirement jump between warhammer 1 and 2 is unsettling.
    I was able to run Warhammer 1 on medium quality+high texture ultra size,with no issue on the campaign.
    In warhammer 2 I have to downgrade to RUNESCAPE quality yet I still can’t run the damn campaign map at an acceptable framerate.

What the hell,the game doesn’t even look noticeably better in 2 by the screenshots.In fact,the messed up lighting in many old world locations actually made things look worse.
    The series’s graphical appeal peaked at S2 imo,each game after that has massive jump in system requirement with minimal graphical upgrade.

I’ve yet to see anyone say R2’s graphic is better than S2,or Attila’s graphic is better than....literally any post Empire title.
    Please do something about it good lord.
  • TissicTissic Posts: 121Registered Users
    I expect that it will be more demanding than Warhammer 2. Perhaps the laboratory we got in Warhammer will help with optimization in future titles.

In regards to breadbox's comment, R2 and Attila definitely look better graphically than Shogun 2. You may like the art style Shogun had going for it but to say it's graphically on the same level as later games is stupid.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,813Registered Users
    Breadbox said:

I was able to run Warhammer 1 on medium quality+high texture ultra size,with no issue on the campaign.
    In warhammer 2 I have to downgrade to RUNESCAPE quality yet I still can’t run the damn campaign map at an acceptable framerate.

What the hell,the game doesn’t even look noticeably better in 2 by the screenshots.In fact,the messed up lighting in many old world locations actually made things look worse.
    The series’s graphical appeal peaked at S2 imo,each game after that has massive jump in system requirement with minimal graphical upgrade.

I’ve yet to see anyone say R2’s graphic is better than S2,or Attila’s graphic is better than....literally any post Empire title.

It looks far better immediately. You can't complain about it looking good when all you can play is on the lowest settings.

It's not going to run as well. That's logical. The game is FAR BIGGER IN SCOPE. That's tons more to process.

OP it'll probably run on a newer iteration engine of whatever Warhammer is using. I wouldn't expect drastic changes.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Posts: 2Registered Users

OP it'll probably run on a newer iteration engine of whatever Warhammer is using. I wouldn't expect drastic changes.

That´s something i was hoping not to hear :neutral:

I guess we can just hope the devs will do what they can to provide best experience possible.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    ^Did he just say attila Didnt have any noticeable graphics change? Are you joking or have you not seen it on ultra. The ONLY thing that saves attilas horrible performance is the amazing graphics you can watch in 20v20s with good frames on ultra. After that the drop in frames just kills it. But it def is my fav quality of the game. That and the amazing looking combat
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,813Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    Petrichor said:

I guess we can just hope the devs will do what they can to provide best experience possible.
    It's been done this way since 2010. It's good thing. It gets better and better every release.

There's no need for hope. The Warhammer games are very well optimized.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users

Petrichor said:

It's been done this way since 2010. It's good thing. It gets better and better every release.

There's no need for hope. The Warhammer games are very well optimized.
    That's not true for many people sadly. I know you can never have equal performance on peoples systems, but a quick trip to support forum and a scroll thru the pages shows a hell of a lot of issues. That's with every game though.
  • SnifferoniSnifferoni Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited May 27
    Breadbox said:

Man, I cant agree more. Warhammer 1 runs soooo smoothly, while looking pretty good, but my god.. Warhammer 2 is a mess performance wise. I played WH on Hihg/Ultra and it was pretty fine. Warhammer 2 is not even working so well on low - makes me crazy. Meanwhile Rome 2 on Ultra is running like its nothing.