Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ryzen 7 1700

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,292Registered Users
Ryzen 7 1700 is it good for warhammer or should I wait to buy intel i7

It comes with Acer Aspire GX-281
Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Comments

• IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,708Registered Users
    It is close enough that similar price 1700 vs iy 7700K for example is based almost entirely on what you will use the PC for. TW only then go with Intel, if you are going to be doing alot of other stuff and plan on keeping the PC and CPU for a few years the Ryzen might make more sense.

TW is very CPU dependent and the i7 is just faster at similar price points in single or even low thread applications. When doing multi things or using software optimized for more threads the Ryzen has an advantage. Just not many games are optimized for multi threads though it seems maybe it is finally coming in the next few years (though it has seemed just a year away for the past 3-4 years).
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,460Registered Users
    It's fine...

It's an 8 core processor, it has more than enough juice to feed even a 1080 Ti. Now, in a less core optimized game, that only runs on one or two, it could be a serious bottleneck. The individual cores are about the same speed as my 2500k, and it is grossly insufficient to feed my 1080 Ti playing this game. It will run TW2 with like 30% utilization though.