Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A 'skill redistribute system'

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,562
Hello fellow Warhammer inhabitants !

I would like to ask you all for your opinion about a skill redistribute system ONLY for the (Legendary) lords you get for confederation with other factions.

This would make it (for me personal) a little bit more intrestring to confederate with other factions (for that legendary lord in the specific race you are playing)

I personally don't like confederate because it add a lot of extra land to your carefully planed conquer system, but hey, I am HAPPY the option is there !! and it should be there ^^ !

Only reason for me to confederate would be to get the other legendary lord, but I just HATE that the AI kind of ruined the potential of that legendary lord.

So, maybe it is a good idea to add this in the game ? It's single player anyways so why not ^^ !? For me, it would add more fun and for someone like me, it would also add a more likely change I would confederate.

Thank you all for your time !

Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,562
    Little side note, I know there are mods that could help with this ! And I am very happy that there are modders out there to take care of things that other might see as a problem :)

But for personal reasons, I am no so fond of mods, I don't use any mods and that is why I would like to see it in-game.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150
    CA said they are looking into it long ago but that it would be very difficult and time consuming

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,562
    blaat said:

CA said they are looking into it long ago but that it would be very difficult and time consuming

I never knew they said anything about it !

Thank you ! I still hope it will be added one day though ! would mean a lot for me !

DarkLordD said:

blaat said:

Thank you ! I still hope it will be added one day though ! would mean a lot for me !
    no problem I dont have a source for anyone else interested BTW sorry

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

• SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    blaat said:

DarkLordD said:

blaat said:

here you go
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1905334/#Comment_1905334
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    Personally I'd rather they just make the AI better at picking skills for their lords.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
    edited February 2018
    sagranda2 said:

blaat said:

DarkLordD said:

blaat said:

here you go
    thanks for finding the source sagranda
    @krunsh @CeiltiK is planning on doing this for his WH2 advanced Ai mod
    but yeah this is something CA should do themselves

snip

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I would personally love it myself, they could make it it that it costs a lot in one way or another. Although it is not the highest of priorities in my mind.
  • SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2018
    blaat said:

sagranda2 said:

blaat said:

DarkLordD said:

blaat said:

here you go
    thanks for finding the source sagranda
    @krunsh @CeiltiK is planning on doing this for his WH2 advanced Ai mod
    but yeah this is something CA should do themselves
    Around 120 bookmarks for Warhammer should at least be a little bit of use xD
    Post edited by Sagranda on
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,513
    I'd rather the game resets the LLs to level one when you confederate. Easier to deal with, plus while it sort of "nerfs" you, you already get the benefit of getting the LL in the first place on top of land.

Another plus, this does away with the problem of confederation while the LL was wounded and thus not getting the LL at all.

You'd have to like be turn 200 for this to be close to a problem, and by that point you've probably already unlocked all the good tech and stuff that a new Lord at lvl 1 isn't going to be that bad. It could also just default to the Lord rank recruitment you may have increased by that stage, ie thanks to tech or other game bonuses. Lvl 1 Belegar isn't bad if he's back up by a full stack of level 9 Thunderers straight out of recruitment.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,266
    I would definitely like to see it. I'm not saying it should be free or anything. I wouldn't mind it costing 1000 gold per level you would have to reset or reducing the lords level by a certain amount depending on its level.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,833
    You want to redistribute skillpoints, your lord loses half of them in the process. No major advantage without downside.

Also, I found AI LLs to have fairly useful skill distributions as of late, so I question the need for it in the first place.

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,513
    I dunno, Belegar having level three bonus for Dwarf Warriors while he has Longbeards makes me question the AI's choice of skills.

Losing half of them is going to be a headache since you'd get a level 30 LL with only 15 skill points spent.

Resetting them to level 1 to me seems best, it's technically the easiest, and still gives a downside by having to start all over again just like unlocking new Legendary Lords of your own. It allows you to get everything but you have to start over, which isn't a new experience for anyone that's ever recruited a new Lord.

All about keeping this stuff simple.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,266

You want to redistribute skillpoints, your lord loses half of them in the process. No major advantage without downside.

Also, I found AI LLs to have fairly useful skill distributions as of late, so I question the need for it in the first place.

I haven't tried it since the tomb kings update but before that I have confederated with Teclis and Morathi and their skills were pretty bad. Teclis was level 30 or so and had no spells except for 2 passives. Morathi was level 20 or so and had no spells. Lower level lords tend to be ok because there hasn't been to much time to screw things up.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,833
    daelin4 said:

I dunno, Belegar having level three bonus for Dwarf Warriors while he has Longbeards makes me question the AI's choice of skills.

Losing half of them is going to be a headache since you'd get a level 30 LL with only 15 skill points spent.

Resetting them to level 1 to me seems best, it's technically the easiest, and still gives a downside by having to start all over again just like unlocking new Legendary Lords of your own. It allows you to get everything but you have to start over, which isn't a new experience for anyone that's ever recruited a new Lord.

All about keeping this stuff simple.

A player would probably have points in that skill too since it takes a while to get Longbeards and Belegar especially has to fight with high upkeep, so I don't see the problem.

Also, he would no longer be lvl 30 Lord. but a lvl 15 one. Resetting them down to 1 would be way too much of a penalty since I already find it hard to level LLs that I have unlocked late in the campaign.

• SedlinaSedlina Registered Users Posts: 193
    On topic. It is the main reason why I don't confed with major factions anymore. It isn't even about 'your personal ideal setup' The presets for them are just hilarious - and as a software engineer let me tell you that there is no 'random syntax' for how legendary lords pick their talents. You have to design presets for them

Morathi is a prime example
    When you get a lvl 34 Morathi due confederation and she has 0 points in her spells. Z E R O
    The inventor of dark elf spells. One of the strongest living spellcasters in warhammer lore and a devastating caster in the TT - and then that.

The feedback for her on release of game2 was that she is already in a poor spot as a caster with her spell selection having only pit of shades to keep her from being completely horrible. Calling her mediocre means you are generous and nice enough not to call her spell selection a completely disaster with no synergy at all.

When you confederate with her you see that even the developer who set up the AI pattern for her talent picks completely ignores her spells - all of them -
    It really tells you a lot about just how bad the character was designed to begin with.
  • AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    edited February 2018
    blaat said:

A fundamental issue for many mortals....the wonderfully asinine "long ago".

In the end , there is no reason to not include that which would give you perfectly reasonable choice.