Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please display critical information like Attack Interval and the Debuffs from Fatigue

KaffeemannKaffeemann Posts: 92Registered Users
Attack interval and debuffs from fatigue are very important pieces of information. But what their exact values are isn't mentioned anywhere in the game.

What exactly does fatigue do? What stats are affected and by how much?
And did you know that Empire Spearmen have an attack interval of 5.7 seconds but the version with Shields has an interval of 4.4 seconds? Most likely you didn't know because the game never tells you.

The attack interval could easily be displayed when you hover over Weapon Strength.

And the debuffs from fatigue could directly affect the unit's stats like all other abilities and spells do. Or the effect could be show as a small debuff icon on the unit card.
The same could be done for the buffs the AI gets on high battle difficulties.

Comments

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,235Registered Users
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/174444/total-warhammer-faq-thread/p1

Question 18 addresses Vigour. This was for Game1, I would presume there would be no differences in Game2, given how similar they are.

To be honest, some specific values don't need to be displayed, because if that wasn't the case more than half the screen will be showing statistics and not action among units. CA clearly tried to strike a balance between showing enough information and enough of the map to order units around.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • KaffeemannKaffeemann Posts: 92Registered Users
    I know where to look up those values. But that's different from having them directly in the game.
    The effects of vigour and battle difficulty on leadership are already shown in game. I don't understand why they can't be shown for the other stats.
    And stats like attack interval aren't intuitive at all as I've shown with the Spearmen example.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,235Registered Users
    And like I said, some specific values being displayed is not critical. Attack intervals (DPS you mean?) for instance isn't something I would consider important, else half the monitor is showing stats of all sorts.

The real question is whether something like this can be modded. If not, then in my view that is very problematic.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file