Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Gaelic Cinematic Trailer

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 865Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited March 2018 in General Discussion

There are multiple routes to a glorious victory in Thrones of Britannia. For Flann Sinna, King of the Gaelic Kingdom of Mide (later High King of Ireland), there is one that is truly coveted - uniting the lands into a new, greater kingdom...

Click here to watch the full trailer:

To pre-order Thrones of Britannia: http://store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
Post edited by Grace_CA on

Comments

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    And a Let's Play too!

"Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    Great Trailer! Thanks Grace_CA :)
    Post edited by mcar110 on
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,605Registered Users
    I hoped to see Scots also...
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,391Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    A new faction and gameplay trailer! Finally, I was getting impatient, I wanted to see how the battles looked like.

3 more kings to go, now.
  • KregenKregen Member Posts: 484Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Maybe they will be next, they seem to be showing the home team first.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    Kregen said:

jamreal18 said:

Would seem to make sense. Start with popular Alfred, then the Gaels, and end with popular vikings to build the hype.

Edit: I am not thinking clearly. I'd expect the Welsh next.
    Post edited by Mattzo on
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    jamreal18 said:

No I don’t think we’ll see the Scottish-Gaelic faction separately (I guess that’s who you mean). 5 trailers for the 5 cultures is the pattern. We haven’t had the roster for the Gaelic factions yet so presumably that’ll be next

EDIT: after the Gaelic roster I expect we’ll see the Vikings Seakings- the Great Heathern Army will be the last culture to see because of the mystique surrounding them
    Post edited by mcar110 on
  • riadachriadach Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    Flann Sinna = Flann of the Shannon. That second word doesn't work independently of the first. Also, slender s in Irish are pronounced like "sh" so it would be Flann "Shinnah" or in Modern Irish "Shunnah".

But fantastic video otherwise and let's play.

My only wish is that you'd give Irish slingers (they don't have to be particularly effective).
    Post edited by riadach on
  • RolloSmersonRolloSmerson GermanyPosts: 79Registered Users
    Just watched Gaelic Lets Play. I love narrative choices. Makes the game so much more interesting. So far so good. Want to see more lets plays and more with real-time battles.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    Watched the trailer and the let's play. And it looks like the game has come along nicely, the art style and the music appears to be good and I love the design of the campaign map. All those little, defenseless settlements will add a new layer of strategy to the game, this is great coming after the warhammer titles, which removed so much strategic depth from the campaign map.

I think this title is shaping up to be one of the more "realistic" total war titles, if not the most realistic total war title to date. We have to worry about farms, and food, being outmaneuvered by losing important settlements that are vital to the kingdom, etc.

Making those settlements so valuable and at the same time so vulnerable, fits perfectly with the setting, remember the vikings became so infamous, precisely because of their attacks on settlements that had no defenses and would get ravaged before anyone could come to help them. So if the AI is obnoxious with it's attacks on weak targets, well that just makes it more realistic! :smiley:

• kieran12kieran12 Senior Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    jamreal18 said:

There was nothing that we call Scots until the Middle Ages. That land was called Scoti the land of the Gaels . It was conquered land in the Viking age. They are Gaelic factions.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,843Registered Users
    kieran12 said:

jamreal18 said:

There was nothing that we call Scots until the Middle Ages. That land was called Scoti the land of the Gaels . It was conquered land in the Viking age. They are Gaelic factions.
    This is the Middle Ages, specifically early middle ages. But I get what you mean, High Middle ages.
  • kieran12kieran12 Senior Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    Mattzo said:

Kregen said:

jamreal18 said:

Would seem to make sense. Start with popular Alfred, then the Gaels, and end with popular vikings to build the hype.

Edit: I am not thinking clearly. I'd expect the Welsh next.
    Viking leader or warrior who got off the boat looked awesome hope he looks like that ingame?
  • norseaxenorseaxe Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited February 2018
    watched gaelic video and lets play the game looks great can't wait to play this game, viking leader looks cool as hell