Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is next?

aron1488aron1488 Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi guys!

I would like to ask you what do you think about future contents for warhammer 2. Especially can we expect something before the Norsca update in may? CA will release 2 dlc-s before may for two different games. I know different teams are working on the different titles, but I dont know it is worth to sale a lot of expansions in a short time, I hope you know what I mean.

Nevermind, the flc array has changed, the next one obviously a Lizardmen LL.

The expansion dlc-s for the basic factions will come for total war warhammer it is sure. The sequence is unknown but I think they will make a high elf vs dark elf and a lizardmen vs skaven one, this makes sense. So the next flc LL is lizardmen and we get more contents in th new dlc-s than we got for the first game thatswhy I can imagine the high elf dark elf dlc first. Cause if we get the lizardmen skaven dlc and as they promised we will get more contents in the dlc-s then maybe we will get 2-2 LL both sides and with the FLC we should get 3 lizardmen LL at the same time. I dont think so. What do you guys think?

Sorry if it is a little bit complex to read, but it is hard to represent something in a foreign language.

I am looking forward to your answers.

Comments

• RosenRosen Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited February 2018
    I think we already have a pretty solid nothing till May after that thread where CA_Grace was asked a dozen ways the same question.

I think the general line of thought is there will be some flc alongside the May patch, but dlc as well is unknown.

I'm waiting for the update blog they mentioned was coming.

• krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    Yeah, I think either a DLC will come in may along with Norsca, or a little while after. And I think that DLC will be High Elves VS Dark Elves along with a Lizard LL FLC.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    All we know is Norsca and 30 ROR in May which the DLC team has to remake.

It is possible we could see LL pack before then or maybe it will come with Norsca
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,729
    krunsh said:

Yeah, I think either a DLC will come in may along with Norsca, or a little while after. And I think that DLC will be High Elves VS Dark Elves along with a Lizard LL FLC.

You may be right, but the lord packs in game 1 both came with an FLC lord from one of the races in the pack. Until we have any evidence otherwise, I assume they'll do the same thing with the lord packs for game 2 as well.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,955
    Elves pack either alongside Norsca or just prior, then "the Reptile and the Rodent" :D pack. Afterwards we'll get DoW down the line and hopefully Araby and if we're really really lucky maybe a Vampire Coast near the end of the development cycle. My personal predictions anyway.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,113
    Basically forget about the game till may. It's all getting very, very slow.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    As I've said since Dec., DLC, Norsca, 30RoR, FLC, and patch in May
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,972
    edited February 2018
    Next DLC - 2 more Skaven legendary lords, and 6 more Skaven units, given Skaven Assembly's priorities so far.

Next DLC - 2 more Skaven legendary lords, and 6 more Skaven units, given Skaven Assembly's priorities so far.

Priorities because they’ve done 1 FLC lord?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,559
    I really do suspect Araby is coming. I think it will be the final, big surprise DLC before they announce WH3 or something.
  • BetoBotBetoBot Registered Users Posts: 247
    Itharus said:

I really do suspect Araby is coming. I think it will be the final, big surprise DLC before they announce WH3 or something.

Only one more dlc before wh3? So bad are the sales of wh2?...
  • Metalhead69Metalhead69 Registered Users Posts: 271
    krunsh said:

What this person said with a big maybe of getting the Dark Elves VS High Elves + Lizardmen LL Before May with Norsca
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    We still have April before May so the chance of getting content before Norsca is pretty good I think... Unless rebuilding Norsca is huge project then maybe not
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,843

We still have April before May so the chance of getting content before Norsca is pretty good I think... Unless rebuilding Norsca is huge project then maybe not

given the base problem, having different builds of the game causing problems when brought together, I don|t think thez will risk another kind of those problems.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    As 5 Packs are updated in Steam DB right now (one was Norsca) we have two Lord Packs and I'm quite sure there are other two Race Packs.
    Wonderful Summer until 3k, I dare to say.

April is ToB. CA isn't going to release DLC during the launch of ToB and split their sales.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,620
    edited February 2018
    SiWI said:

given the base problem, having different builds of the game causing problems when brought together, I don|t think thez will risk another kind of those problems.
    The problem though was merging across games not within games. I'm sure CA will continue to branch within projects, allowing parallel development to continue, that's pretty essential in s/w development unless you are a one man band. The mistake they made was underestimating the work involved.

The key paragraph in the update blog in this area is:

We got so good at branching and merging builds, we thought we had it mastered. Merging is easy when the things that have changed in one branch don’t coincide with the things that have changed in the other. It gets more difficult when the changes overlap – you most often have to manually intervene to pick which branch is “right”. Typically, merges get exponentially more difficult the longer branches stay apart, as the chance of changes clashing increases.

So yes Norsca will be a relatively large new branch now off TWW 2 and I would expect they would want to merge that back into the main leg before merging any other branches presently hanging off the main leg. Then once Norsca is back in they can start merging new stuff - that wont be so far different as it will have branched originally off game 2.

So Norsca is a bit of bottleneck in terms of delivery but that does not mean they have to stop creating new TWW 2 branches while work on Norsca continues.

Agreed though we now have to consider how Sega plan deliveries across games and with ToB being a title it only makes sense that this will have an envelope around it in which Sega would not want to publish something else.

I have argued that ToB has not effected the Norsca port but this was just from the resourcing point of view. I should have taken into account the release schedule of other TW products so indirectly ToB probably has effected the timescales for Norsca and why May seemed so far out when they first revealed this back in December.

Edit: We could do with this update blog that was mentioned last week I think and if ToB is an issue this would imply that the Norsca update will be coming with a DLC, makes sense given the gap since TK.
    twwatcher said:

Edit: We could do with this update blog that was mentioned last week I think and if ToB is an issue this would imply that the Norsca update will be coming with a DLC, makes sense given the gap since TK.

The original plan was for TKs to release in Dec., couple that with the fact that CA likes to put a month between DLCs in the same game, that means Feb. was most likely going to receive a Lord Pack. However, the pushback meant that CA wasn't going to be able to release Norsca in Feb., and with the pulled resources, TKs in Dec.

So TKs were finished and released in Jan. and then Norsca rework began. However, the Rome II DLC was planned for March, so March is out, April is ToB, so upon missing Feb./Dec., everything was pushed back to May.

However, correlating that with the FLC chart change indicates that we are not getting the same DLC we would have in Feb., so to me it means that CA most likely is going to release another Race/Big Race Pack in May alongside Norsca.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    Waiting until May for the update. If CA gets it right then I'll buy the tomb kings DLC.
    MrJade said:

twwatcher said:

The original plan was for TKs to release in Dec., couple that with the fact that CA likes to put a month between DLCs in the same game, that means Feb. was most likely going to receive a Lord Pack. However, the pushback meant that CA wasn't going to be able to release Norsca in Feb., and with the pulled resources, TKs in Dec.

So TKs were finished and released in Jan. and then Norsca rework began. However, the Rome II DLC was planned for March, so March is out, April is ToB, so upon missing Feb./Dec., everything was pushed back to May.

However, correlating that with the FLC chart change indicates that we are not getting the same DLC we would have in Feb., so to me it means that CA most likely is going to release another Race/Big Race Pack in May alongside Norsca.
    Makes sense use the delay to deliver something bigger, hence the rejig in FLC schedule.

Two public branches updated daily, "royal blue" which seems to have been linked to TK so maybe Norsca on top then the newer "spaghetti" - hope that's not a reference to the state of their code base rather something Italian.

That would switch the hype train back on after the Norsca derailment.
    twwatcher said:

MrJade said:

twwatcher said:

Makes sense use the delay to deliver something bigger, hence the rejig in FLC schedule.

Two public branches updated daily, "royal blue" which seems to have been linked to TK so maybe Norsca on top then the newer "spaghetti" - hope that's not a reference to the state of their code base rather something Italian.

Norsca is the Pack numbered with a 5 as starting number. It's also ancient as every WH1 DLC.

Royal Blue was referred to Settra Faction, at least before TKs (we can't verify it, now).

There is Racing Green (Averlorn?) and Spaghetti. Since every code was referencing a part of the lore or GW paints, the chances of Dogs of War are high.
    Yeah, I was thinking Racing Green was going to be Avelorn for MWNL. Now, it might still be that, but no idea when it would come.
  • AltarielAltariel Registered Users Posts: 151
    I'm desperate for High Elves updates..... I want more LL for new start position and story.....

I'm dreaming about Alarielle the Radiant.... :#:#:#
    edited March 2018

twwatcher said:

MrJade said:

twwatcher said:

Norsca is the Pack numbered with a 5 as starting number. It's also ancient as every WH1 DLC.

Royal Blue was referred to Settra Faction, at least before TKs (we can't verify it, now).

There is Racing Green (Averlorn?) and Spaghetti. Since every code was referencing a part of the lore or GW paints, the chances of Dogs of War are high.
    Yes that’s Norsca’s App ID and where it will fit in the DLC listings (594603). All I was I saying was that the public branch “royal blue” was continuing to be updated most days following the release of TKs.

Since TK is now out the door CA seem to be using the same branch for something else.

The public branches allow access to a particular build via steam if you have the password, eg proving teams within CA or wider such as Sega QA or GW (for review).

Pretty sure “racing green” was first used for the branch for ME.

To be honest the development branch names (unlike some more obvious ones such as press or gamesworkshop)have no connection to their contents in my experience - why would CA do that ? (eg yogi, bamboo, bagels, crumpets, waterfall etc), its just a bit of fun trying to guess.
    twwatcher said:

twwatcher said:

MrJade said:

twwatcher said:

Yes that’s Norsca’s App ID and where it will fit in the DLC listings (594603). All I was I saying was that the public branch “royal blue” was continuing to be updated most days following the release of TKs.

Since TK is now out the door CA seem to be using the same branch for something else.

The public branches allow access to a particular build via steam if you have the password, eg proving teams within CA or wider such as Sega QA or GW (for review).

Pretty sure “racing green” was first used for the branch for ME.

To be honest the development branch names (unlike some more obvious ones such as press or gamesworkshop)have no connection to their contents in my experience - why would CA do that ? (eg yogi, bamboo, bagels, crumpets, waterfall etc), its just a bit of fun trying to guess.
    Yeah it's strange. Royal Blue was a type of GW paint back in the 2000's, mostly used with gold for TKs. But now the only Royal and Blue I can think off is Eltharion color pattern, since the new branch seems to be not related to be with TKs.
    Spaghetti is the strangest of them all, but really, it's so fun term for a branch that make me think they are the Dogs of War, since they use their cannons mostly to bake pizza and spaghetti in their helmets. That's hilarious because it's canon.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    If I’m not mistaken, looks like there was 2 more appIDs added to totalwar warhammer 2 dlc. My bet would be another piece of dlc content and flc.

My guess is
    - two of them are regarding norsca update
    -One is for 30th anniversary RoR units
    -Another two for the upcoming Lord pack and flc lord
    And the most recently updated ids are probably another lord pack dlc and flc lord OR its newly created ids for the same lord pack and dlc that is landing the same day as norsca.

@Grace_CA how close am I?

Link below:
    https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/
    hendo1592 said:

If I’m not mistaken, looks like there was 2 more appIDs added to totalwar warhammer 2 dlc. My bet would be another piece of dlc content and flc.

My guess is
    And the most recently updated ids are probably another lord pack dlc and flc lord OR its newly created ids for the same lord pack and dlc that is landing the same day as norsca.

Link below:

The FLC are added just around the time of release usually, it was like this even in WH1 (you can verify this easily with the date of FLCs insertion)
    Norsca is SteamDB Unknown App 594603, we knew about this a long time ago, because it was updated alongside every other faction and DLC for ME.

SteamDB Unknown App 732960, SteamDB Unknown App 779880

These two are perhaps the Lord Packs. In an Update Blog of July 2017 CA said they were early working on WH2 Lord Packs (everything got delayed because of Norsca). Possibly that the first one is the 30 Regiments.

SteamDB Unknown App 794110, SteamDB Unknown App 794111

Possibly the second race pack + the second Lord Pack.

SteamDB Unknown App 835670 , SteamDB Unknown App 835671

The new Packs added, since are really strange, seems to indicate that a FLC faction might be in the works (Bretonnia was like this since WH1 was released, being the only FLC in the works since Day One)
    The other one might be another faction or a feature that had no precedence in the history of Total War: DLC for DLC, so, Lord Packs for WH1 factions.
    As I said, these ones are not FLC (at least for most of them) because FLCs are updated just around their release date (ME, Tretch Craventail, Steps of Isha)
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955

hendo1592 said:

My guess is

Link below:

The FLC are added just around the time of release usually, it was like this even in WH1 (you can verify this easily with the date of FLCs insertion)
    Norsca is SteamDB Unknown App 594603, we knew about this a long time ago, because it was updated alongside every other faction and DLC for ME.

These two are perhaps the Lord Packs. In an Update Blog of July 2017 CA said they were early working on WH2 Lord Packs (everything got delayed because of Norsca). Possibly that the first one is the 30 Regiments.

The new Packs added, since are really strange, seems to indicate that a FLC faction might be in the works (Bretonnia was like this since WH1 was released, being the only FLC in the works since Day One)
    The other one might be another faction or a feature that had no precedence in the history of Total War: DLC for DLC, so, Lord Packs for WH1 factions.
    As I said, these ones are not FLC (at least for most of them) because FLCs are updated just around their release date (ME, Tretch Craventail, Steps of Isha)
    I hope they will start selling single Legendary Lord packs.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,151
    makar55 said:

hendo1592 said:

My guess is

Link below:

I would personally prefer just more LPs, as there are a lot of units missing still. But failing that more LLs are far better than nothing :smile:
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Goatforce said:

makar55 said:

hendo1592 said:

My guess is

Link below:

I would personally prefer just more LPs, as there are a lot of units missing still. But failing that more LLs are far better than nothing :smile:
    I'd like to see as many lord packs as possible, but devs did not make more than 2 for TWW1 so I don't think there is a chance for it in TWW2.