Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedI FIXED MY LAG SPIKES, AND STUTTERING!!!!

huddy_bearhuddy_bear Posts: 3Registered Users
edited April 7 in Performance & Graphics
im sure many of you have been having the same issues as me. I have an above spec pc, and was fiddling around tryinng to get a steady fps. I would experience frequent lag spikes down to 20-30 then back up over 100, happening every 4-5 seconds, and i could nnot for hte life of me figure out what was going on

On an old TW Rome post i saw somone mention setting the affinity to anything other than all cores,, with many other confirming it solved there problems, Loe and behold my lag spikes are gone and am running the game full ulrta/extreme, with reflections, with ssao, everything, and hold over 60 in huge 40 on 40 battles, you would not bbelieve how happy i was. just thought i would share my findings.

In your task manager, go to the details panel, right click warhammer 2 and click set affinity. i tried with 4 cores and was no good, but 8/11 did the trick for me.

also on a side note right click warhammer 2 again and set priority to high, this is a trick i found out ages ago during my wow days, but it makes any game i play noticable more responsive.

i think both of these things will have to bbbe redonne every time you launch the game.

hope this helps somone and bring them into my world of warhammer joy
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 328Registered Users
    Hey Huddy,

thank you for that hint. Can you tell me what you mean with 8/11? I have just a option with 4 different cores.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 33,628Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Hey Huddy,

thank you for that hint. Can you tell me what you mean with 8/11? I have just a option with 4 different cores.

I should think he meant he turned off 3 cores to leave 8. Try turning core 0 off - that spreads the load beftween the other three.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 328Registered Users

Hey Huddy,

I should think he meant he turned off 3 cores to leave 8. Try turning core 0 off - that spreads the load beftween the other three.
    I understand, thank you.
  • kelstrkelstr Posts: 464Registered Users, Cakes!
    I'm going to try this tonight !!!
  • Wim*1944Wim*1944 Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    This is the first tip that works for me. The game is actually playable now. Thanks!!!!
  • richie729cdorichie729cdo Posts: 1Registered Users
    Sorry, i am not great at this. i have a gaming laptop, but that is where my knowledge of computers ends ;-/.

i only options 0-7, what action should i take then, should i just turn core 0 off, which will leave ,e with cores 1-7 ?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 33,628Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Sorry, i am not great at this. i have a gaming laptop, but that is where my knowledge of computers ends ;-/.

i only options 0-7, what action should i take then, should i just turn core 0 off, which will leave ,e with cores 1-7 ?

Yes.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 414Registered Users
    I didn't see any difference, I have an i7-6700 CPU at 3.40 GHZ and it has 8 CPUs

I turned off core 0 and nothing changed, I turned off cores 0 to 3 and nothing changed, I didn't know what else to do so I decided to simply stop what I was doing before I accidentally do something catastrophic. I ran the skaven benchmark in the options in-game and the lowest fps was 30 and this is when it was in the thickest part of the fighting. when the battle starts however its a solid 60 fps. By the way I have everything up at max except for the Anti-aliasing which is just on FXAA, and I have SSAO turned off because its a bit bugged because its still not properly fixed by CA.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file