Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Factions & Pre-order Bonus

ArminageShikobaArminageShikoba Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 192
So far there has been six factions released I believe, maybe I've missed some.

But we have 2 from each Culture.

Anglo Saxon with West Seaxe, and Mierce
Gaels with Mide and Circenn
Welsh with Gwined and Strat Clut

I believe Dublin is also a faction, one of two Danish settled faction.

I also think there will be 2 roaming raiding Viking factions.

This will make up the ten factions that Jack said there would be.

However there was a blog quite a while ago that had "pre-order bonus" in the title, though when I read through the article, it didn't have anything written about what that bonus would be.

Is the bonus, just 10% off or would it be a new faction or culture that would be added to the game? What's everyone's thoughts and opinions about this?
Tagged:

Comments

• the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Registered Users Posts: 241
    I think it was said that there will be 4 viking factions.
  • BlackenedLokiBlackenedLoki Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 159
    Factions:

The below is the best guess we currently have.

2x Saxon (West Seaxe and Mierce)
    2x Gaelic (Mide and Circenn)
    2x Welsh/Briton (Gwined and Strat Clut)
    2x Sea Kings (TBC - Dyflin and Sudreyar?)
    2x Danes (TBC - East Engel and Northymbre?)

Pre order bonus:

10% off and a donation to WarChild
    Yes, I am one of those people who liked Rome 2 and yes my opinion is still valid.
  • ArminageShikobaArminageShikoba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 192

Factions:

Pre order bonus:

Yea, I would have thought maybe the sea kings will be roaming factions like hordes, but can't really be sure.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Registered Users Posts: 446

However there was a blog quite a while ago that had "pre-order bonus" in the title, though when I read through the article, it didn't have anything written about what that bonus would be.

Is the bonus, just 10% off or would it be a new faction or culture that would be added to the game? What's everyone's thoughts and opinions about this?

I suggest if you are indeed gonna purchase the game, pre-order it. Although no DLC for bonus, the benefit of the sales(I forgot the percentage) will be donated to warchild charity organization, so it's good enough.
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • BlackenedLokiBlackenedLoki Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 159

Factions:

Pre order bonus:

Yea, I would have thought maybe the sea kings will be roaming factions like hordes, but can't really be sure.
    As far as I'm aware, Sea Kings are one of the 5 cultures.

The roaming factions are raiders/invaders from 'off map'.
    Yes, I am one of those people who liked Rome 2 and yes my opinion is still valid.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    Yes, the 'Sea Kings' will be settled factions like any others. E.g Dublin.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • ArminageShikobaArminageShikoba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 192

I suggest if you are indeed gonna purchase the game, pre-order it. Although no DLC for bonus, the benefit of the sales(I forgot the percentage) will be donated to warchild charity organization, so it's good enough.
    I will probably pre-order anyway, cause I always get the physical copy of Total War, but at the same time, every game there's always been a pre-order, so I was just curious if the pre-order was something other than the 10%
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,163

I will probably pre-order anyway, cause I always get the physical copy of Total War, but at the same time, every game there's always been a pre-order, so I was just curious if the pre-order was something other than the 10%
    They are trying a different approach rather than cutting content to tack it on as a pre-order bonus they are donating a portion of the profits to a charity.

I personally would rather get the full game and give a little to charity rather than them cut come content and bundle it as a pre-order.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Registered Users Posts: 446
    CnConrad said:

They are trying a different approach rather than cutting content to tack it on as a pre-order bonus they are donating a portion of the profits to a charity.

I personally would rather get the full game and give a little to charity rather than them cut come content and bundle it as a pre-order.
    wholeheartedly agree with you
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • Frederick_WilliamFrederick_William Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 782
    CnConrad said:

i have to say it is refreshing having them go this route. everyone gets a full product when they buy it.(especially when said content was done long before release of the game) some of your money goes to charity, which is never a bad thing. it also removed any of the drama that tends to happen at release regarding pre order stuff.

I get why companies do pre order stuff with "bonus" content, but i still don't like it. Civ 6's was barely tolerable, as every one got the pre order bonus for free a few months after release if they didn't pre order.