Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Beheading animations still far too frequent (Blood & Gore DLC)

happycompyhappycompy Senior MemberPosts: 353Registered Users
Post patch 19, the animations are slightly better than they were in patch 18, but they're still distractingly saturated with beheading animations. It makes the combat boring. Turning off Blood & Gore brings back animation variety. Please fix it.
HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)

Comments

• happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Posts: 353Registered Users
    edited March 19
    Update: Upon further testing. If you begin a battle with Blood and Gore disabled, then turn on it mid-battle, the animation variety will still be as if B&G is disabled, but you will get the blood effects. Unfortunately, you'd have to do this every battle if you wanted to keep the fresh-looking animation variety of the non-B&G battles, so it is not a solution...

I cannot stress enough that the variety present in the NON-Blood & Gore kill/death animations is great, but the variety is greatly reduced when using the B&G DLC (same beheading animation over and over, along with the occasional leg severing)...I don't know why CA won't just use one animation set for both, because presently it seems to punish B&G owners.

Completed Campaigns:

• MetroidMetroid Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited March 19
    Yes, it's really sad an a big issue for me, too.

On the one hand I'm really glad and pretty excited, Rome II gets new content and more love but it's a shame that at the moment I get somehow punished for buying extra content. :(

If it's true that animations work if you turn B&G on during battle, I hope it is not a too big problem to correct this.

Please fix this! I mean, you have already put so much work in MAKING these animations so show them to us...

Thanks in advance!

• Alex24794Alex24794 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    Even after the last update on March 20st the problem with animations didn't fix and not only this but became worse than the last patch, exactly like patch 18.
    Bumping because CA has yet to address this, and I know a patch is incoming...

Completed Campaigns:

Let's hope for a response or a fix in the new patch....

Completed Campaigns:

• File071File071 Posts: 5Registered Users
    yes. they really need to bring them back, without them it doesn't feel like Blood and Gore DLC, and yeah one more thing, DLC !