Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What The Teams Are Working on: March '18 Update

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 769Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Ever wondered what the Total War teams are working on? Yes, you probably have, judging by the latest comments we've been receiving...

Well, don't worry - from historical to fantasy, we've got the answers for you right here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wttwo-03-18

Comments

• baronblackbaronblack Posts: 2,667Registered Users
    AND YES, A LORD PACK COMING WITH NORSCA
    One of the most promising patch ever. My hopes are restored.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,765Registered Users

I bet what you want to that this image is from the bestiary book Norsca.

yeah, more stuff.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 5,451Registered Users

AND YES, A LORD PACK COMING WITH NORSCA

Was hoping for a new race.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 10,740Registered Users
    Thanks Grace. :)
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Posts: 479Registered Users
    edited March 14
    Was hoping they add a fimir matriarch as a new lord for norsca, but glad to see they are adding new monster hunts.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,164Registered Users
    FANTASY TEAM – PRE-PRODUCTION:

Currently in early pre-production, it is dark and quiet in this team’s corner of the studio. Visitors do not dally long.

Hmmmm, Dark....Darklands? Chaos Wastes?

Also what @corvo those look like bestiary entries for sure.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,765Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Currently in early pre-production, it is dark and quiet in this team’s corner of the studio. Visitors do not dally long.

dark and corner... uhm what part of the world would be that?...
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    edited March 14
    HISTORICAL NEW CONTENT TEAM – CAMPAIGN NEXT:

Does it mean a new campaign pack is under development for Rome 2?

Sadly no hint when it will be released.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 8,932Registered Users
    edited March 14
    Talmorean said:

the realm of chaos itself... ;)
  • MeanSonOfAGunMeanSonOfAGun Posts: 399Registered Users
    Thanks a lot for the update. So we get a gobbo and a dwarf?

Just kidding. I´ll keep my fingers crossed for more Cult of Khaine units then.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 1,752Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Talmorean said:

dark and quiet = space in my mind. Chaos isn't really quiet.
    Just want the Lord Packs asap----> they gave us one in May with Norsca.

I said that this summer will be promising boys.

After the two Lord Packs... Unleash the Dogs of War and Make Araby Great Again!
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Talmorean said:

Nope, Dark and quiet, visitors do not dally long... eastern world :smiley: )
    "CA will not make eastern world because is a dark lore and not talked about."
  • RosenRosen Posts: 48Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Possibly a hint, or that they've cut the power to those section of the office and the desks are all eerily empty. Move swiftly through the well lit central office corridor, for those that linger on the edges too long tell tales of eyes glinting in the dark.

--

I think this update is pretty much in line with what most expected, Norsca on schedule and lord packs as well. Norsca getting some updates to account for new races is a welcome addition.

• Some_ScribeSome_Scribe Posts: 1,213Registered Users
    Part of me really hopes that the bird pictured is a Roc from Middle Eastern mythology. It's probably a Norsca or High Elf thing, and that's fine, but it'd be awesome if it turned out to be an Araby hint.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 638Registered Users
    Still leaves one significant unanswered question, imo.

Late last year, they mentioned they were considering including unique start positions for the older lords alongside the Norsca reintroduction.

Can we assume by the lack of mention here that is off the table?

It would have been nice to see a confirmation one way or the other on this.
    No new information regarding Thrones and 3K.

The only new thing about historical is New Campaign for Rome 2.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,009Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    jamreal18 said:

Not really surprising as they mentioned that loads more Thrones info will be coming soon from some previewers and there will be an increase in CA info about the game. I presume the same with 3K. They are the two that are likely to see all the promotion in the next while.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 938Registered Users
    Nothing until may... At least I got Vermin2
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,345Registered Users

jamreal18 said:

Not really surprising as they mentioned that loads more Thrones info will be coming soon from some previewers and there will be an increase in CA info about the game. I presume the same with 3K. They are the two that are likely to see all the promotion in the next while.

Yeah, next month will be all TOB all the time, most likely. No need for updates here. I expect a steady drip of 3K info will start a couple weeks out from TOB release, but likely nothing until then.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,119Registered Users
    Blaeys said:

Still leaves one significant unanswered question, imo.

Late last year, they mentioned they were considering including unique start positions for the older lords alongside the Norsca reintroduction.

Can we assume by the lack of mention here that is off the table?

It would have been nice to see a confirmation one way or the other on this.

Hopefully. To me it read like a lot of PR-speak. They said a whole lot of nothing. "We are considering thinking about this feature..."
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 829Registered Users
    Very excited to see they're still working on new content and updates for Rome 2!
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Posts: 1,065Registered Users
    Whoa! New campaign for ROMEII !

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA and WARHAMMER campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Iceni, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Sparta.
    ED: Caledonii, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Samnites, Rome, Taras.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Eastern Roman Empire, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.

WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    Argwylon, Carcassonne, Clan Angrund, The Empire.
    edited March 14
    With the love CA is giving Roman era, I believe Medieval era will get the same attention when it has been released.
  • ImperatorLMImperatorLM Posts: 13Registered Users
    What do you think the Roman Campaign will be about? I hope it will be the Dacian Wars or a Teutoburg forest scenario.

What do you think the Roman Campaign will be about? I hope it will be the Dacian Wars or a Teutoburg forest scenario.

I personally hope for one of these:
    - Wars of Alexander the Great
    - Wars of the Diadochi
    - Bronze Age
    - the Third Servile War

ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Iceni, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ATTILA
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.

WARHAMMER 1 & 2
  • TolgharTolghar Posts: 89Registered Users
    Make Surtha Ek playable pls!!!!!!
  • ImperatorLMImperatorLM Posts: 13Registered Users
    The third Servile war would definitely be a interesting campaign. For the Bronze Age are you imagining something like a Trojan War scenario or something else?
    edited March 16

The third Servile war would definitely be a interesting campaign. For the Bronze Age are you imagining something like a Trojan War scenario or something else?

The Trojan War or broader late Bronze Age (with Egypt, Hittite Empire, Sea People etc.)

Still, these two can easily be their own title (traditional Total War game or Saga one like ToB).

ROMEII
    ATTILA

WARHAMMER 1 & 2