Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Guilty or Innocent? How to avoid public burnt at the stake for heresy!

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416
"Since the time of Sigmar Himself, we have been no more than a flicketing beacon of hope amidst a sea of despair and corruption, but never before have we faced so many dangers. We must suffer the simple-minded liberalism of our burgomeisters, the sactioning of magic use, the heresy of false prophets and religions, the arrogance of the Arch-lectors and the convulted plots of the Dark Gods - the rot has sunk deep into the flesh of the Empire, where even now it festers and grows"
- Witch Hunter

Avoiding execution....

If you will not manage....

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• Some_ScribeSome_Scribe Registered Users Posts: 1,382
    edited March 2018
    Witch Hunter: "Fear not, my fellow Sigmarites! We have come to save you..."

Imperial citizen: "Hooray! It's the Witch Hunters!"

WH: "FROM YOURSELVES!!!"

IC: "...Oh no, it's the Witch Hunters..."

(Thanks for the awesome post, good sir!)
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Trial by cake is the worst. By. Far.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,014
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416
    Wargol5 said:

Some slaanesh right there ^^

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• EimhosanEimhosan Registered Users Posts: 342

Reminder that moderation is preservation. If you find a unit or a spell that is really strong, try to keep it a secret so you can enjoy it as long as you can instead of shouting it to the world. Don't spam it, because if you do so enough you won't have it as long because all the people you PO'd will whine on the forums and the sooner it will be nerfed.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416
    Eimhosan said:

Haha just normal day in the Empire :D

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,968
    Wargol5 said:

I wonder if there's a prescribed recipe for the cake. Otherwise, that might be even easier to rig than some of the others.
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    edited March 2018
    Pretty sure that's the point (unless i'm misreading sarcasm).

You really don't want wealthy patrons being killed off left and right because their sneeze got called out as Nurgle worship and the hunters had no choice but to trial them.

Awesome post again, btw, Bies! :)
  • KrilralKrilral Member Registered Users Posts: 910
    "I demand a trial by cake!"
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049
    I wish I could stand trial by cake every day!

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,022
    edited March 2018
    So... if you are a chaos worshiper of Slaanesh and your visage does not get damaged... you can pass the ordeals? Nice to know.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Hmmm seems like the witch hunters secretly want a Slaanesh master race... #MakeTheEmpireSexxxyAgain
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • EimhosanEimhosan Registered Users Posts: 342

Hmmm seems like the witch hunters secretly want a Slaanesh master race... #MakeTheEmpireSexxxyAgain

Bies said:

Eimhosan said:

Haha just normal day in the Empire :D

Reminder that moderation is preservation. If you find a unit or a spell that is really strong, try to keep it a secret so you can enjoy it as long as you can instead of shouting it to the world. Don't spam it, because if you do so enough you won't have it as long because all the people you PO'd will whine on the forums and the sooner it will be nerfed.
    Krilral said:

"I demand a trial by cake!"

(Sees you are just a peasant)

"Okay, here."

(Puts cake on table in the middle of flaming ploughshares)

"Go grab it."
    edited March 2018

Pretty sure that's the point (unless i'm misreading sarcasm).

You really don't want wealthy patrons being killed off left and right because their sneeze got called out as Nurgle worship and the hunters had no choice but to trial them.

Awesome post again, btw, Bies! :)

Indeed, but if there isn't a set recipe, it would be very easy to put something in the cake that would cause someone to gag if they decided they did want to off the accused.

"Oh, so you bit down on the middle cake and broke your teeth because it was full of tiny little steel hammers? Must be Sigmar's judgement!"
    Ohhh, I see. Rigged Against them, I thought you meant for them. (And that's a neat idea XD )

Yeah, it could be but I feel if you had it out for someone despite being a wealthy nobleman that filled your coffers you'd just choose one other ones which are far more painful and certain.
    True, but there may well be times when they do want to take out someone who gets the trial by cake for whatever reason.

The others are all rigged in the sense that you'd practically need a miracle to pass (although depending on the specifics, the trial by hammer and the first trial by fire might be easier to pass), but in each case, short of actual magic or divine intervention, it's largely random on whether the accused passes. Trial by cake allows it to be selective.

One could imagine, for instance, a situation where multiple people are accused. It would be too obviously rigged if some got the trial by cake and others got the trial by water. But they could give them all trial by cake, but the Witch Hunters have very carefully placed the inedible cakes.