Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia - release date changed to 3rd May

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 865Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

We have some news: the release date for THRONES OF BRITANNIA has been moved from 19th April to 3rd May 2018.

For more information on this decision and why we made it, click here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/britannia-release-date-change

Comments

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    Haha, two days after I book the 23rd April of work! Guess I'm cancelling that then.

Two week delay isn't so bad. My dream game so obviously a bit disappointing but more work will only be a good thing!
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • BlackenedLokiBlackenedLoki Junior Member Posts: 159Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    Actually quite pleased by this... It shouldn't be released until they're happy with it and I know a lot of people (you know who you are :smile: ) who will be thrilled about the battle tweaks.

Glad I hadn't booked the day off yet!
    Yes, I am one of those people who liked Rome 2 and yes my opinion is still valid.
  • jamie0976jamie0976 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    Disappointing when you've been looking forward to this for a while, but understand they want it as good as possible.

Just hope this doesn't take away some of the excitement as they have done this before with Warhammer, waited until nearly launch date then delayed.
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    Completely fine by me, especially since a good chunk of that time is focused on adjustments to the battles. The ageing general feature is a nice little addition too :).
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    Good choice.
    Better delay and fix/polishig than realease broken and garbage product.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    I'm a bit sad because I was really looking forward to it, but I'd rather wait a little longer and have a polished game. Thank you for listening to feedback and not rushing the release if you feel it could use a little more work :)
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    This is making me feel a bit better. The only reason for the delay is responding to issues brought up by players and to make the game better. 2 weeks is a small price to pay.

Reading it again I really am happy for the delay, even if it squeezes the window of it being my full time game down a bit.

These changes sound absolutely necessary and really are proof that @Jack_Lusted_CA and the rest of @ca are taking our comments to heart.
  • JacklessJackless Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    To me this all sounds positive and makes me even more excited for Thrones!
    Im glad youre taking your time to get it right.
    Bonus for Brits: Monday 7th May is a bank holiday, so you can have a 3 day weekend right after release without needing to book time off!
  • YarevYarev Senior Member Posts: 246Registered Users
    Well that is deffinetly good news, especially about battle tweaks and balancing. Two more weeks is nothing
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" George S. Patton
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    Hey, TW: Warhammer was delayed by a month (If I remember right), and it turned out great!

Honestly, I don't mind this at all. Seriously, I've got a tonne of Rome 2 stuff to keep me occupied for those two weeks! I'd much prefer to wait an extra few weeks for a fine-tuned, well polished game, rather than have a buggy, badly optimized mess that would ruin my initial impressions of the game and turn me off it for the foreseeable.

Happy to wait, and glad CA's taking the time for a little more spit and polish.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,604Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    Good Decision! Very good!

Even if you delay it by 3 months as long as we'll get a polished game, I'm willing to wait.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users
    [Vader]

Noooooooooo!

[/Vader]

A bit sad - was looking forward to an early birthday present and the new weekend is going to be busy for me. But polished is always better, and a good release is always going to be better than one that makes a bad impression on people.

Definitely the right decision.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,162Registered Users
    Good decision and take you’re time. Perhaps shower uss with some nice let’s plays to keep us occupied
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 632Registered Users
    Always a good decision to delay for polish, and the changes being made sound really positive. Both the original and revised release date are really close to my birthday, so I'm still winning out there haha.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    Annoying, but acceptable, so long as there aren't farther delays. ToB looks good, and might be the death rattle of old-style TW games.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,675Registered Users
    Ahhh.... its that wonderful time of the year, when wise and worldly videogamers come together to pretend that delays are the best thing that could happen to a software development project.

Ahhh.... its that wonderful time of the year, when wise and worldly videogamers come together to pretend that delays are the best thing that could happen to a software development project.

Are you implying that it would have been better for CA to release the game before they were happy with it's state?

Because that's nonsense.

Sure, a delay is not ideal for anyone, but it's only 2 weeks and should be a better product.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    Take your time guys, no need to rush anything.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    Mattzo said:

Are you implying that it would have been better for CA to release the game before they were happy with it's state?

Because that's nonsense.

Sure, a delay is not ideal for anyone, but it's only 2 weeks and should be a better product.
    Conversely, a delay doesn't mean it will be better. Look at Too Human.

The point is, no matter the reason, it is frustrating for someone to buy a product for a specific release date and for that not to be met.

And I'm with Mitth'Raw'Nuruodo in that I'm not buying the blog's reasons as the sole reasons it was delayed.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • YarevYarev Senior Member Posts: 246Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    I guess the Devs know that we can only have one first impression and they want to make sure it's a good one

As far as I'm concerned I'm going to allow CA this 2 weeks delay but only if we get some glimpses of their work/progress ;)
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" George S. Patton
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,843Registered Users
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto

• alstlalstl Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    Smart move - get the game as right as possible upon release.

I would suggest however that missile fire probably did impact unit formation.
  • TsiarTsiar Posts: 300Registered Users
    Krunch said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto

Yeah, Colonial Marines has really turned out good now five years later.
    Tsiar said:

Krunch said:

It was still a rushed game.
  • TsiarTsiar Posts: 300Registered Users
    CnConrad said:

Tsiar said:

Krunch said:

"B-But it was rushed too!"

There's plenty of other games we can pick instead of ACM. Too Human, as someone else mentioned. Miyamoto was wrong.
    Tsiar said:

CnConrad said:

Tsiar said:

Krunch said:

There's plenty of other games we can pick instead of ACM. Too Human, as someone else mentioned. Miyamoto was wrong.
    Well if you choose to believe that games must be released on the date originally listed. And that is the only important thing, well that's where we differ.

I choose to think that a company taking some additional time to improve the game is better than choosing to release an incomplete game.

Each to their own opinion I suppose.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,808Registered Users
    Fair shout, thanks for letting us know early
  • BolshevikBolshevik Posts: 93Registered Users
    Sounds like we are in for a good game. Two weeks is a small price to pay for that to happen.

ABOVE: Soviet officer Alexey Yeremenko leads his men into combat. He was killed seconds after this photo was taken near Voroshilovgrad, Ukraine - July 12, 1942.

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bolshevik-/
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,843Registered Users
    Tsiar said:

CnConrad said:

Tsiar said:

Krunch said:

Eventually good. Key word eventually. If it has been delayed but that still wasn't enough time then guess what, it was rushed.