Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves Research and Events Update

twohundredandonetwohundredandone Registered Users Posts: 66
I was very happy to see that the Bretonnia research tree was updated in the Tomb Kings patch to include tech. relevant to the New World races.
Could the Wood Elves research tree be updated as well? Like Bretonnia, their research tree contains nodes which provide a diplomacy bonus with different races, but currently none of those nodes reference any New World races. In particular, I feel that there should be something relevant to their Asur neighbors to the West, since the Wood Elves and High Elves share such close ties in the lore.
There is also a campaign event in which High Elf diplomats are sent to Athel Loren and the player chooses to either accept the diplomats or reject them. It'd be great if this event had an impact on your diplomatic relations with the High Elves.
Right now it feels as though there is no meaningful interaction between the Wood Elves and their High/Dark elf cousins.

Great job with the games CA, thanks for all the hard work!

Comments

• ZercaZerca Registered Users Posts: 89
    The wood elves need a complete revamp. Its sad but at the moment they are one of the weakest factions in the game.

as you explained they need better diplomatic options towards the new factions

new dilemmas

a rebalanced amber system. Seriously some mods are able to fix that but the orginal faction is unplayable. A tombking esque creation system for (special) units or other ways to increase amber rather than diplomancy or conquering would make them a lot more playable.

give them a reason to settle in certain places. Their bonus of conquering without restriction is not really suitable for warhammer 2. The different regions should give them special types of boni, like mountain regions extend view distance ect. Maybe even allow to choose 1 bigger outpost for a whole conquered province.

The outpost itself are not really helpful. A Tier 3 outpost (as explained above) with atleast some kind of walls or some kind of wooden bridges between trees or towers. It would make them a lot more interesting in defence battles. Also conquered regions should give the player's army a lot more army functions like vanguard deployment or higher chances of amushes. That these regions do not give them much economic worth is accetable but military they should have a lot higher value. Sofar mods did a good job. I want them in vanilla as well.

rites! Some of the lizardmen(thorns) or tomb kings seem to be really suitable for woodelves. maybe allow rituals of the Cadai and the Cytharai which give advantages of high elves or dark elves.

and... more options for the world roots. They are simply just like Dwarf or skaven ones. If you look at this
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Worldroots
    you can think of another implementation of this system. Imagine the woodelves would travel through the worldroots, appear in lustria, pillaging and return back to Athel Loren. Off course there need to be some kind of balancing for this, but this would make them look a lot more agil as they should be intended and for the player, they would look really interesting.

I hope CA will do atleast a few rebalancement of them.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,513

Could the Wood Elves research tree be updated as well? Like Bretonnia, their research tree contains nodes which provide a diplomacy bonus with different races, but currently none of those nodes reference any New World races.

In particular, I feel that there should be something relevant to their Asur neighbors to the West, since the Wood Elves and High Elves share such close ties in the lore.

There is also a campaign event in which High Elf diplomats are sent to Athel Loren and the player chooses to either accept the diplomats or reject them. It'd be great if this event had an impact on your diplomatic relations with the High Elves.

Right now it feels as though there is no meaningful interaction between the Wood Elves and their High/Dark elf cousins.

Well there could be other ways to boost High Elf relations, like just upgrading the World Tree.

In terms of New World races (and diplomacy in general), wouldn't it be more loreful if the Wood Elfes DIDN'T have such bonsues? They are quite an isolationist bunch.

Anyways, I suppose if we're to modify existing tech (which are named after Elf gods and not things like "Establish Ulthuan Relations", you can squish a +40 to High Elfs" effect under Asuryan the Creator, which is the closest I can find to Ulthuan; it just also happens to include a similar bonus to Dwarfs.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • twohundredandonetwohundredandone Registered Users Posts: 66
    With the new Elf dlc coming (very exciting!) hopefully we'll see some updated to Wood Elf research and interactions with the other elves!
    The Wood Elves were definitely relevant for this patch, as they were given the ability to draw the Sword of Khaine.
    I really hope the "high elf diplomat" was updated.
  • twohundredandonetwohundredandone Registered Users Posts: 66
    edited June 14
    In case anyone looks back on this post, I *think* this was fixed with the wood elves update in The Twisted & the Twilight DLC! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file