Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mini Lord Packs; Yes or No?

WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,590
How many here would be all for small DLC containing just an individual LL, or on the larger scale, say two to four LLs half core half expansion? Like for example, Grom the Paunch alone at a price of $1.99 or say a four pack made of Marius Leitdorf, Thorek Ironbrow, Valkia the Bloody and Taurox the Brass Bull at $7.99? (Spitballing prices here.) Thoughts?
Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,643
    Yes.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 1,950
    edited March 2018
    I am ok to pay 5$ for single Legendary Lord. But it depends on the way devs release content. I don't see any sense to sell single LL like they sell DLC right now. I mean if it releases each 4 months - no. I don't want to see such schedule for this kind of content. In my opinion single Legendary Lord pack must be released monthly or not released at all.
  • PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,394
    edited March 2018
    I want unit pack .

actually i want everything ( except Lothern stupid cutter ) just make and sell them , i swear i gonna buy every dlc .
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,643
    Pray said:

I want unit pack

A lot of races have already hit their max units threshold. Missing characters are abundant.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Cronik2kCronik2k Registered Users Posts: 89
    edited March 2018
    I would pay a £5 DLC pack every month if they included 1 lord, 2 heroes and 3 missing units.
  • PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,394

Pray said:

I want unit pack

A lot of races have already hit their max units threshold. Missing characters are abundant.
    but my Jabberslythe....
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    2 Bucks for a LL... yeah, I might if I care for the lord in question. I'd prefer to get the bigger packs with lords and units first, but I could probably spare 2 bucks for Eltharion, Lokhir or Nakai the Wanderer - heck, maybe even Throt if I start playing Skaven in the meantime.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 525
    Definitely. Even if it is €5,- I would do it, for they add so much to the game. New starting positions, new quests/ skill tree... Plus it is the best way to add character to a faction if (almost) every unit from that faction is in the game.
    (And I wish Marius Leitdorf would be playable. Just consider the dilemma which states whether you should listen to your advicers vs. your horse)
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    I’m not so fussed for 1 LL. would happily pay for a LL, some units and new starting positions
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,590
    I'm of the opinion that there needn't be any standardization or hard and fast rules when it comes to cost and DLC content. So for example we could have Marius Leitdorf on his own for relatively cheap, yet we could get the Ar-Ulric with Teutogen Guards and Knights of the White Wolf for more (and Boris as FLC upgraded of course). Another example: say we get a nice themed pack that comes with oh say, Markus Wulfhart, Empire Huntsmen, Bohemond Beastslayer, Taurox the Brass Bull and the Ghorgon as part of it, that doesn't mean that we need another Bretonnian unit to go with Bohemond like the others got (though frenzied truffle hounds do sound fun :p ).
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

• TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 912
    I actually would pay for a Vampire Coast Pack... Harkon and Drekla with the special roster of the faction. (Maybe half the price of a normal super faction DLC)
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,397
    I would pay moooore than $7.99 for a "Missing Units/Lords/Heroes Pack".

Greenskin, WoC, Empire, Beastmen...

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    No half assed dlc is silly.

Solid dlc is best. Either way ca have to implement them to the game for the ai so even if they dont sell they need to do the work.

Solid dlc they are overpriced so even if they sell less it covers the cost and more people will buy solid dlc packs.

• NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 665
    edited March 2018
    It's very likely they realease additional content after they finish the trilogy and all the main DLC's, like Rome II case, since WTW due to Its popularity and quality It might have a long life. Then CA can fill the gaps and I hope so, I would pay for it. For example more LL's for factions like WE's and more units.

• hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    NeoYas said:

It's very likely they realease additional content after they finish the trilogy and all the main DLC's, like Rome II case, since WTW due to Its popularity and quality It might have a long life. Then CA can fill the gaps and I hope so, I would pay for it. For example more LL's for factions like WE's and more units.

Yes i can see some random money grabs happening like this.

Look rome 2 still terrible end game yet still dlc being released... community crying out for end game ai fixes but nothings happened for like 3 years :/
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,542
    Think a lot of people would have an issue with paying extra for LL's for the DLC races, especially ones like the Beastmen and Chaos, which were not really worth the money.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    I'm on my phone but pretend I posted the gif of Diego Sanchez cartwheeling down a hill while chanting "yes!"
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    Microtransact me CA baby, a couple dollars at a time couldn't hurt, $5 grom mmm yeah that's the stuff
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • Rebelever85Rebelever85 Registered Users Posts: 125
    Wouldn't say no to some FLC lords....especially ones who should have been added...like Neferata/Nagash/Arielle. I think these lore titans shouldn't have been missed out.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 607
    edited March 2018
    I don't like the practice honestly, i 'll prefer them to do, let's say, 2 LLs per race in the Lord Pack, and slightly increase the price.

But yeah, if they do litle DLCs per month with LLs, i'll probably buy any character that is not a greenskin, rat or chaos related.
  • Wardaddy016Wardaddy016 Registered Users Posts: 70
    Cronik2k said:

I would pay a £5 DLC pack every month if they included 1 lord, 2 heroes and 3 missing units.

Good call! Sign me up for this!
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 2,868
    Would pay for an mini DLC adding 1 LL, 1 hero and some missing units. 5$ or so
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,065
    I'm not sure, it would become pay to win if added units were balanced around. Even one Lord Pack is a bit dubious to me.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    It depends. I regret purchasing the Grim and the Grave, it added little additional gameplay for the price.

The King and the Warlord however was great. The new mechanics combined with unique starting positions made it much more unique and fun.

So if each LL came with its own new start and some interesting mechanic for it, absolutely I would buy 1 for $2 or $8 for 4. Though those prices seem low to what I'm used to seeing.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,827
    I believe that CA can do it, it's might had happen with Isabella if CA didn't won Make War Not Love.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/455041/Total_War_WARHAMMER__Isabella_von_Carstein/
  • EimhosanEimhosan Registered Users Posts: 333
    No

Get your microtransactions off my planet you devils.

it always starts like this: "Would you pay more for content you're already supposed to have? hmmmmm? it's technically new content and it's (((only))) 1.99! Just a little wont hurt....."

I paid 60 dollars to get four new factions and a campaign map. That's fair.
    I paid 15-20 dollars to get update packs like G&G or K&W (new units, maps, heroes, and lords). That's fair.

I get single little bits of the game (1 hero/1 lord) for FREE.

Remember the amber/jade wizard DLC? that was free.
    Remember the Wurrzag DLC? that was free as well.
    Grombrindal? Free (though you did have to wait)
    Vlad von Carestien? Free
    Isabelle von Carstien? Free
    Mordurk (probably spelled that wrong) shadowgrave? Free

Bretonnia is the only thing that I think we should have actually paid for. 15-20 dollars (update dlc prices) would have been reasonable (Then again, so would a quality bretonnia, but that's another rant.)
    For every poster that refers to fantasy factions as "order", "destruction", "death" or any other AoS term, I smash a stormcast model with a sledgehammer. (Why yes I do refer to it as my "Heldenhammer"...) This is fantasy. It says a lot about the posters here that they are so easily willing to interchange terms like that. Especially for a setting that's so widely hated by the crowd this game is supposed to cater to (fantasy players) Very reddit like.

Just call them good factions or evil factions or better yet the faction's actual name please.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,827
    4uk4ata said:

2 Bucks for a LL... yeah, I might if I care for the lord in question. I'd prefer to get the bigger packs with lords and units first, but I could probably spare 2 bucks for Eltharion, Lokhir or Nakai the Wanderer - heck, maybe even Throt if I start playing Skaven in the meantime.

Talisman: Digital Edition have a lot of single character pack, so it's totally possible.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247000/Talisman_Digital_Edition/
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,590
    The good thing about individual characters however is that we could pick and choose what we want far more. Interested in Leitdorf but not in Elspeth? That's okay they're not bundled together. The more modular dlcs become the more choice we have to what we want to pay for and what we prefer not to. Personally I don't like microtransactions one little bit, but for TW Warhammer it's the only realistic way of getting more content in that simply can't be FLC'd in or fit in a large DLC without further inflating the price.

• EimhosanEimhosan Registered Users Posts: 333
    Tayvar said:

I believe that CA can do it, it's might had happen with Isabella if CA didn't won Make War Not Love.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/455041/Total_War_WARHAMMER__Isabella_von_Carstein/

As if they had any competition.

What exactly was going to stop them from winning? DOW 3?
    For every poster that refers to fantasy factions as "order", "destruction", "death" or any other AoS term, I smash a stormcast model with a sledgehammer. (Why yes I do refer to it as my "Heldenhammer"...) This is fantasy. It says a lot about the posters here that they are so easily willing to interchange terms like that. Especially for a setting that's so widely hated by the crowd this game is supposed to cater to (fantasy players) Very reddit like.

Just call them good factions or evil factions or better yet the faction's actual name please.
  • carnotauruscarnotaurus Registered Users Posts: 294