Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We are still waiting for Middenland and Mousillon, CA.

FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,311Registered Users
edited April 15 in General Discussion

Please do not forget. "The Wolf and the Wretch" Lord pack DLC for TW: Warhammer I.

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    edited April 15
    #WhereIsBoris!
    #UnleashTodbringer!
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 3,857Registered Users

#WhereIsBoris!
    #UnleashTodbringer!

#WightQueenRepanse!
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,345Registered Users
    Neither LL can be part of their own Lord-Packs, because they are already part of a DLC, meaning you would take away something from people who already paid for them.

Furthermore, additional starting positions and subfactions for existing factions have already been announced as part of what they want to do soon with Mortal Empires.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,311Registered Users

Neither LL can be part of their own Lord-Packs, because they are already part of a DLC, meaning you would take away something from people who already paid for them.

Furthermore, additional starting positions and subfactions for existing factions have already been announced as part of what they want to do soon with Mortal Empires.

They are not a part of the DLC themselves, they were just added alongside the DLC. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is still possible to access them if you do not own the Beastmen or WE DLC.

As for adding more subfactions, they did not mention it in the most recent development blog, so I assume it has been pushed back a bit. This is just a little reminder that the hype is still here.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 693Registered Users
    edited April 15
    Fossoway said:

They are not a part of the DLC themselves, they were just added alongside the DLC. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is still possible to access them if you do not own the Beastmen or WE DLC.

As for adding more subfactions, they did not mention it in the most recent development blog, so I assume it has been pushed back a bit. This is just a little reminder that the hype is still here.

As someone who didn't complete the Beastmen mini-campaign before purchasing Warhammer 2, that is correct.

At this point I think it only makes sense to add any other old world subfactions in Game 3, as we will likely have a refocus of the old world in that game (along with the dark lands).
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users

What they announced was "Oh lets move Balthasar somewhere, and Volkmar somewhere, and Ghorst somewhere"

The fn lazy, pathetic excuse for a subfaction
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Fossoway said:

As someone who didn't complete the Beastmen mini-campaign before purchasing Warhammer 2, that is correct.

At this point I think it only makes sense to add any other old world subfactions in Game 3, as we will likely have a refocus of the old world in that game (along with the dark lands).
    That would be the easiest solution. But the best case scenario would be to add them as DLC for the first game, because:
    - that would fix the starting positions problems for Empire and VC
    - that would renew people's interest in the first game
    - this could bring in some newcomers
    - a paid DLC is our best hope to have a fleshed-out Cult of Ulric and Black Grail Knights

The major drawback would be that CA would have to reintroduce them into Mortal Empires just like with Norsca. They may be a bit reticent to do that after what just happened...

What they announced was "Oh lets move Balthasar somewhere, and Volkmar somewhere, and Ghorst somewhere"

The fn lazy, pathetic excuse for a subfaction
    They never clearly said that they wanted to move them specifically, but I agree with you. On a hopeful note, I am confident they heard of our concerns about giving everyone new starting positions.

I did make a thread about it a long time ago, if you remember. It was mostly positively received, and I do think some CA members have seen it:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/208608/how-to-give-tww-i-ll-new-starting-positions/p1
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 693Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

The major drawback would be that CA would have to reintroduce them into Mortal Empires just like with Norsca. They may be a bit reticent to do that after what just happened...

I don't think so. They said that they have started with game 3 pre-planning, and this time I think are really going to make sure that all past factions can be ported over successfully.

• hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Red duke maybe but not Boris... will play exactly like the empire totally pointless!! Dunno why you fanbois dont go get a mod its nothing new at all.

Red duke maybe but not Boris... will play exactly like

the empire totally pointless!! Dunno why you fanbois dont go get a mod its nothing new at all.

And the Red DUke will play just like a Vampire Count (gasp) just in bretonnia... omg such uniqueness...

Believe it or not, heretic, sometimes such a small Starting Position adjustement like Altdorf - Middenheim can change the campaign a bit.

Include the Culto of Ulric, KotWW, Warrior Priest of Ulric, Ar-Ulric... Middenheim could be made unique enough

Red duke maybe but not Boris... will play exactly like

the empire totally pointless!! Dunno why you fanbois dont go get a mod its nothing new at all.

And the Red DUke will play just like a Vampire Count (gasp) just in bretonnia... omg such uniqueness...

Believe it or not, heretic, sometimes such a small Starting Position adjustement like Altdorf - Middenheim can change the campaign a bit.

Include the Culto of Ulric, KotWW, Warrior Priest of Ulric, Ar-Ulric... Middenheim could be made unique enough
    Like vc in bret? Totally miles away from vc start area? Fighting bret from turn one then going south to fight more bret into empire factions then dwarfs and orcs? Totally different campaign sonny jim... you can totally avoid the main empire faction and dwarfs.

Starting as Boris is 1 province away from empire herp a derp
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 3,685Registered Users
    Does Mousillon have any units that are unique to it and the Red Duke, and not Mallobaude? I suppose you could take a bit of license and give him the Black Grail Knights.

Middenland I do still think have enough to flesh them out into something rather special. But I fancy we will have to rely on modders for that.

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Does Mousillon have any units that are unique to it and the Red Duke, and not Mallobaude? I suppose you could take a bit of license and give him the Black Grail Knights.

Middenland I do still think have enough to flesh them out into something rather special. But I fancy we will have to rely on modders for that.

There are also Blood Grail Knights (which are basically Bretonnian Vampire knights).

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    The whole point of Middenland is the Cult of Ulric. They don't worship Sigmar, they are mostly followers or the warrior-god Ulric. As such, the sigmarite units have to be replaced by ulricans.

To put it more simply, Middenland should normally have a partially different roster than the rest of the Empire, hence why they are an amazing choice for a subfaction.

As for Mousillon, both the Red Duke and Mallobaude are known for having used bretonnian peasants in their armies. They could very well be a hybrid bretonnian/undead army in game, especially since we now have precedence with the Followers of Nagash (hybrid tomb kings/vampire counts).
    Enforest said:

Arsenic said:

There are also Blood Grail Knights (which are basically Bretonnian Vampire knights).
    are there? Outside of some fan stuff or lore of yore that's overall overhauled? Iirc The "official" stance was, that Grail Knights can't be ressurected or turned into Vampire etc.

The Black Grail Knights had been from a 90s Video Game. though they became something of a fan favourite I think. But the lore since then can easily have changed enough, that CA can't really use them "officially"

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,428Registered Users

Enforest said:

Arsenic said:

are there? Outside of some fan stuff or lore of yore that's overall overhauled? Iirc The "official" stance was, that Grail Knights can't be ressurected or turned into Vampire etc.

The Black Grail Knights had been from a 90s Video Game. though they became something of a fan favourite I think. But the lore since then can easily have changed enough, that CA can't really use them "officially"
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Grail

It seems that Blood Grail Knights weren't Grail Knights in life, they chose to become a vampire instead of Lady's blessing.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    edited April 15
    Boris is just waiting for his detention to be lifted.

Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • AvadonAvadon Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Please do not forget. "The Wolf and the Wretch" Lord pack DLC for TW: Warhammer I.

And dogs of war + southern realms...and vampire coast...and certain skaven clans...I'll leave it be for more to be added...

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,043Registered Users
    Wolf and Wretch, lol that's pretty good. I'd support the DLC pack on the awesome name alone!

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
    jamreal18 said:

Boris is just waiting for his detention to be lifted.

As Shakespeare once said... CRY HAVOC AND UNLEASH THE CULT OF ULRIC!

• carnotauruscarnotaurus Posts: 291Registered Users
    WH1 is doe its not geting more dlc.
  • Vargas78Vargas78 Posts: 21Registered Users

WH1 is doe its not geting more dlc.

People said Warhammer Total War 1 was done when they released 'The Old World' edition but not long after Norsca was released. So seing that Norsca came out after it was thought that Old War content was done, I hope they can still continue to make content for Warhammer 1, that can then be ported to Warhammer 2's Mortal Empires campaign.

Warhammer 1 is still lacking a fully fleshed out and unique Kislev. Whilst chaos could do with more representation from daemons and the four gods. The empire needs halfling and ogre mercenary representation as well. The southern realms and border princes could do with becoming unique factions as well.

Maybe they are leaving this for Warhammer Total War 3, when the old world will be revisited and expanded on a bit. Ultimately i don't mind how they are introduced unless the extra content is introduced as I'm hoping for the full warhammer experience with literally nothing missing by the time the 3rd game is done.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Posts: 2,520Registered Users

What would be an compromise is having the (then expanded) Middenland Mousillon roster added to MP and custom games for free and then campaign purchase is optional.

Or an discount for those owning Welf and/or beastmen DLC by 10 % for one or 20% for two extra to the default 10% discount on preorder
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    Besides, Ulric/Middenland offers really nice themes with wolves and winter.

I'd imagine immunity to snow attrition for some units.
    Or an new kind of capital chain like in rome 2 with an military settlement, like the ones in the drakwald.

Also an new religion system could be introduced alongside, as Sigmar and Ulric compete for the same follower pool, and because followers = power , simulating the political squabbles of the 2 cults.

This system could be introduced for free, which would also give another reason to justify DLC for little DLC

NO... it will play out exactly the same as empire :\

People comparing this to Bret starts are silly, Bret is built to confed by game mechanics :\ the starts all kinda play differently too, Top you fight empire/norsca, Middle you fight VC /Empire and Bottom you can fight WE/Empire and even dwarves/orcs if you push right.

As boris youll fight Empire and Norsca its 1 province away ffs lol :\

It wont happen.. it would be the biggest waste of time ever and having 2 LL factions so close when empire struggles as it is would just ruin them altogether.

Please use your brains and think how it would effect everything in the long term.

Wont ever happen.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,119Registered Users

Please use your brains and think how it would effect everything in the long term.

Wont ever happen.

A Lord Pack with Boris would actually be more different than Alberic from Louen, since Ulrican units would replace Sigmarite units. As in, you would have different Warrior Priests, probably wouldn't have Witch Hunters but either Sons of Ulric or Wolf-kin. Personally, I'd rather the Sons of Ulric.

Replace the Reiksguard with the Knights of the White Wolf, but allow for their recruitment by allowing a Chapter House to be built in Reikland by Middenland and allow for the Empire to recruit KotWW via Chapter House in Middenland.

Remove the Flagellants and replace them with Wolf-kin. Rather than unbreakable/immune to psychology, replace it with rage/berserker fury.

Lastly, just add hunters to the Empire roster.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    MrJade said:

Wont ever happen.

A Lord Pack with Boris would actually be more different than Alberic from Louen, since Ulrican units would replace Sigmarite units. As in, you would have different Warrior Priests, probably wouldn't have Witch Hunters but either Sons of Ulric or Wolf-kin. Personally, I'd rather the Sons of Ulric.

Replace the Reiksguard with the Knights of the White Wolf, but allow for their recruitment by allowing a Chapter House to be built in Reikland by Middenland and allow for the Empire to recruit KotWW via Chapter House in Middenland.

Remove the Flagellants and replace them with Wolf-kin. Rather than unbreakable/immune to psychology, replace it with rage/berserker fury.

Lastly, just add hunters to the Empire roster.
    And it would play the exact same bar different units if they would add them which they will never ever do.

Why would they add unique units to a faction thats basically the empire? explains this to me? Totally waste of time and CA wont do it.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,119Registered Users

And it would play the exact same bar different units if they would add them which they will never ever do.

Why would they add unique units to a faction thats basically the empire? explains this to me? Totally waste of time and CA wont do it.

How is Snarsnik different from Grimgor again? Oh wait, unique start location, unique units....
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    edited April 16
    MrJade said:

How is Snarsnik different from Grimgor again? Oh wait, unique start location, unique units....
    How? So: