Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Petition to CA for update Atilla

LESAMALESAMA MemberPosts: 623Registered Users
Dear CA,

I really love Atilla and after playing the game once more and seeing TOB I would like to ask you to update/make a DLC for Atilla.

Following suggestions:
>Please make the snow reduce after the death of Atilla
>Make it so that troops can travel in winter between cities without attrition (only attrition when they are in the open field like in TOB)
>Update politics and diplomacy in line with TOB - so more logical choices from the AI - declaration of friendship
>Make a muster system like in TOB which disables recruiting full stacks at once
>More dillema's or stories for the existing cultures
>Reduce razing chances by the AI and make them sack more often
>Make the AI build more logical and colonize more often once razed territories are next to there own
>Add new faction specific mechanics like in TOB
>Once the western roman AI controlled empire losses a certain % of it's territory make in crumble and divide the last remaining settlements between exciting local powers or new settlements
>Automate trade
>Rework the food system where as troops cost upkeep and food (like in TOB)
>Introduce supply (like in TOB)
>The invasion of the Huns could be 20 full stacks spamming but don't make them spam all over again once defeated. The current situation makes it less rewarding to defeat a stack of the Huns.
>Let the campaign AI make more logical choices
>Minor settlements without walls shouldn't have a garrison like in TOB but keep it optional for a player to fortify there minor settlements against a increased upkeep due to additional garrison forces

These are just some suggestions. Point is that after seeing TOB which I will gladly buy Atilla could use some love for the boys and girls who really love the roman area.

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    edited April 16
    So in simple word, you want to make it ToB2?

I don't like the recruitment system in ToB though, you will have to wait several turns for the unit to be completed but you are already paying the whole price and whole upkeep for them.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 140Registered Users
    edited April 16
    The game is great with a couple of mods. Just needs to be optimized so it runs better. What's the point of "Extreme Quality" for future GPUs if even those cards can't run the game properly today.
    CPU: i7-8700. RAM: 16Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 623Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

So in simple word, you want to make it ToB2?

I don't like the recruitment system in ToB though, you will have to wait several turns for the unit to be completed but you are already paying the whole price and whole upkeep for them.

Yeah tob2 roman style with the best of both games. Tob is based on Atilla anyway. I for sure would buy any Atilla dlc which optimizes the game mechanics or ai behavior allthough the last one should be for free... Ca made the choice to revisit rome2 but I’d rather have them revisiting Atilla. That game had just so much more atmosphere.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 713Registered Users
    While I wouldn't take too much out of ToB (some mechanics seems much more fit to a small sized conflict than to the big mess Attila is supposed to be) I really want an update for Attila aswell especially since most of the biggest game design problems were already solved by the community (mods) and CA themselves (looking at AoC - which isn't exempt of problems btw but feels much nicer to play than Vanilla).

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    How about Optimization?
  • IrohIroh Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    Just fixing all bugs in Attila will be good enough for me.
    I even don't hope for additional DLC/FLC like culture pack etc.

It's not right when the game abandoned with all this bugs.
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    I want more Attila content. It's really a bad look for CA to abandon such a promising game where Armenia is still a copy/paste Persian faction, the Alani do not have foot archers, and there is no DLC campaign depicting how the Eastern Europe/Balkans/Middle East evolved after the Western Roman Empire fell.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 654Registered Users
    Darios said:

I want more Attila content. It's really a bad look for CA to abandon such a promising game where Armenia is still a copy/paste Persian faction, the Alani do not have foot archers, and there is no DLC campaign depicting how the Eastern Europe/Balkans/Middle East evolved after the Western Roman Empire fell.

I wish the Last Roman dlc covered most if not all of Attila's GC map...
    My completed (including campaigns that I consider completed) Campaigns:
    Rome 2:
    Gallic Roman Empire
    Seleucid Empire
    Aurelian's Roman Empire
    Attila:
    Eastern Roman Empire

• DemcikDemcik Posts: 123Registered Users
    edited May 18
    It would be sad if CA would left Attila completely without new patch or content. Fans, including me, have given them already a lot of hints of what should be added/fixed. The game is far superior to Rome 2 (though it shares same of its predecessor stupidities, I admit) and it has much more to offer, yet there is little to no love from the creators. I hope for some unique content, not wasted potential like another Norsemen/Anglo-Saxon battle of Britain or another stupid Roman civil war (how many times can we repeat he same old schemes, for God's sake!).
  • thundercat710thundercat710 Junior Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    Give the governor a harrumph, and give Attila it's own Khan Edition
    "What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?!?!"

MSI Z170 SLI Plus
    i7-6700k @ 4.6 GHz
    16GB G. Skill Ripjaws V @ 2400
    2x MSI GAMING 980s in SLI @ 1300MHz
    Dell U3011
    Win10 64bit