Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Attila total war wont launch

TheodoreTheodore MemberRegistered Users Posts: 59
I can get it to launch, I just click on the game in steam, a panal saying "Preparing to launch Attila total war" appears for a few seconds then disappears without anything happening. There aren't even any crash files.

Comments

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin Posts: 577
    Hi Theodore,

We've had instances of this recently running windows 7 and 8. What we found helped was to make sure we had installed all the latest Windows Updates including optional ones, then having a fresh installation of latest graphics drivers (this system was Nvidia).

Somewhere along that process the missing redists were installed and the title was able to be booted.

Please try that.

Thanks,
    Matt
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 59
    I have windows 10, and I made sure it was fully up to date but the problem wont resolve.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 59

Hi Theodore,

We've had instances of this recently running windows 7 and 8. What we found helped was to make sure we had installed all the latest Windows Updates including optional ones, then having a fresh installation of latest graphics drivers (this system was Nvidia).

Somewhere along that process the missing redists were installed and the title was able to be booted.

Please try that.

Thanks,
    Matt

I have windows 10, and I made sure it was fully up to date but the problem wont resolve.
  • Mikael357Mikael357 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I have windows 7 installed and the amd radeon r9 200 series graphics card. I installed all the latest Windows Updates and latest graphics drivers. It did not help. I tried all the ways from the walk through list and they did not work either.

Please, CA fix this problem, the game has not been working for over a month... Me and other players count on you.