Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Attila total war wont launch

TheodoreTheodore MemberRegistered Users Posts: 81
I can get it to launch, I just click on the game in steam, a panal saying "Preparing to launch Attila total war" appears for a few seconds then disappears without anything happening. There aren't even any crash files.
A setting during the warring states period would be ideal for total war.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period

Comments

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin Posts: 654
    Hi Theodore,

We've had instances of this recently running windows 7 and 8. What we found helped was to make sure we had installed all the latest Windows Updates including optional ones, then having a fresh installation of latest graphics drivers (this system was Nvidia).

Somewhere along that process the missing redists were installed and the title was able to be booted.

Please try that.

Thanks,
    Matt
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 81
    I have windows 10, and I made sure it was fully up to date but the problem wont resolve.
    A setting during the warring states period would be ideal for total war.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period

Hi Theodore,

We've had instances of this recently running windows 7 and 8. What we found helped was to make sure we had installed all the latest Windows Updates including optional ones, then having a fresh installation of latest graphics drivers (this system was Nvidia).

Somewhere along that process the missing redists were installed and the title was able to be booted.

Please try that.

Thanks,
    Matt

I have windows 10, and I made sure it was fully up to date but the problem wont resolve.
  • Mikael357Mikael357 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I have windows 7 installed and the amd radeon r9 200 series graphics card. I installed all the latest Windows Updates and latest graphics drivers. It did not help. I tried all the ways from the walk through list and they did not work either.

Please, CA fix this problem, the game has not been working for over a month... Me and other players count on you.
    edited May 3
    On the advice of a player on steam deleted the launcher file than copied and paced the Rome 2 launcher file in its stead and it worked. However, when I tried to do the same with thrones Britannia the launcher appears but thrones itself is nowhere to be found.

P.S. Is there anyway to make the launcher window bigger?
  • austin5733austin5733 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have also been having problems and I don't have Rome 2 or any other launcher file to use for launching Total War Attila. I can't launch it from steam and I've tried everything: validated files, uninstall and reinstall, clear download cache, "Open cmd as administrator through the start menu
    Type the following two commands one at a time and press enter

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

press enter

netsh winsock reset

press enter and restart your computer", I have literally tried every possible thing, I have windows ten and I have all my drivers up to date.
  • voyager80voyager80 Registered Users Posts: 2
    game won't lunch

I have Win 7

my drivers up to the date.
  • hollis123hollis123 Registered Users Posts: 3
    did you lot manage to get the game up and running, and if so, what did you do?

I recently bought a pretty decent gaming PC, Windows 10, pretty sure everything is up to date, reinstalled it, verified game cache, and the game is not launching.

Any help from people who have had this problem In the past would be ideal
  • RinMathewsRinMathews Registered Users Posts: 1
    GENERAL LAUNCHER FIX:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR THOSE WITH ROME II:

Attila:

1.) Open Steam
    2.) Go to Library > Games
    3.) Right-click Attila > Properties
    4.) Go to Local Files tab > Browse Local Files

Rome II:

Repeat steps 1-4 under Attila and leave the windows side-by-side

5.) Delete the existing "launcher" folder from Attila
    6.) Copy the "launcher" folder from Rome II
    7.) Paste the "launcher" folder from Rome II to Attila
    8.) Launch Attila

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR THOSE WITHOUT ROME II:

Attila:

1.) Open Steam
    2.) Go to Library > Games
    3.) Right-click Attila > Properties
    4.) Go to Local Files tab > Browse Local Files

DropBox:

1.) Go to Dropbox.com > Log in using the following information:
    Username: metradroka@2emea.com
    Password: password
    2.) Download the "launcher" folder > open "Downloads" window side-by-side with Attila window
    3.) Delete the existing "launcher" folder from Attila.
    4.) Copy the "launcher" folder from "Downloads"
    5.) Paste the "launcher folder from "Downloads" to Attila
    6.) Launch Attila

I had the same problem, found this on the internet, and it worked.
  • azzipekiliazzipekili Registered Users Posts: 2
    Maybe it is because you didn't download the redists.
    For Attila, you need Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable-x86, Microsoft Visual C++2010 x86 Redistributable, Microsoft Visual C++2013 Redistributable(x64), Microsoft Visual C++2013 Redistributable(x86), Microsoft Visual C++2015 Redistributable(x64), and Microsoft Visual C++2015 Redistributable(x86).
    Download all of those, it works for me when I had the same problem with you.