Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Met Player who "Leaked" fututre DLC.

BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 563
I just met a playet in multiplayer battles with the name puddington or something who claimed to work at CA and know the future DLC plans for Warhammer 2 or 3, as well as when Warhammer 3 will release.
I called him on his bs but he then started cycling through different factions as his selected race to play in the battle that werent available to meyself.
Some of these i recognised, including the order of loremasters, the bluevipers, xlanhuapec, clan eshin.
But there was one that I didnt recognise, it had the New world colonies emblem shape but a different sigil altogether, which leads me to beleive it could be a DOW emblem.
Now I dont know if its possible to download an unlock all factions mod that can be used in multiplayer but im unsure. Id question them on whether we'd see any factions that arent present ingame atm like Albion, Araby, basically any factions that werent hinted to previously like tomb kings and had no assets or presence ingame for their release but they for obvious reasons said they couldnt tell me. Im not sure if that was simply his way of keeping the facad up or if he was being serious.
Now im sure no one form CA is going to respond to this but if im sure it will give some members of the community something to anticipate and ponder over.
Anyway just wanted to share this with everyone.

Comments

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    I really doubt that he works for CA, as he wouldn't just broadcast that. More likely he either has hacked the files or modded the game.

As far as modded MP goes, I have no idea.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,741
    Well, it is possible to use the roster of minor factions, because it is the Empire 0.5 most of the time.

Make an list and then save it, then you ll have the colors of that faction I guess.

Heir of Carthage has an unmodded Kislev game btw
  • zer0izer0i Registered Users Posts: 345
    Yeah apparently if you save an army with a faction unlocker mod you can load the army after disabling the mod.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 563
    Would any of this be possible however in Multiplayer Battles Matchmaking. I understand being able to mod file saves etc but shouldnt they be restricted to singleplayer only. Im dubious myself but if any of this hints to new factions to come its certainly interesting.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,741
    BRiiTASH2 said:

Would any of this be possible however in Multiplayer Battles Matchmaking. I understand being able to mod file saves etc but shouldnt they be restricted to singleplayer only. Im dubious myself but if any of this hints to new factions to come its certainly interesting.

Look heir of carthage, he was sent an video with "Kislev" in quickbattles
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,486
    Apparently if you have a mod that lets you access all the factions you can save a list, then if it was only an unlock mod you can disable the mod and then load your saved thing?

Is that what Zer0 meant?

That would be funny.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,931
    What did the DoW logo look like?
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,260
    if a tree falls in the forest and there's no-one there to hear it , does it really make a noise ?

Bohemond for game 3 please!

mw51630 said:

Like the shape of the new world empires logo, with slightly thicker horizontal red and white stripes, and some sort of gold avatar in the centre. Not sure if it was a lion or some animal
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    I bet he had a girlfriend too, but you wouldn't know her, she goes to a different school...
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,089
    BRiiTASH2 said:

mw51630 said:

Like the shape of the new world empires logo, with slightly thicker horizontal red and white stripes, and some sort of gold avatar in the centre. Not sure if it was a lion or some animal
    No screenshots of any of this then?
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,931
    BRiiTASH2 said:

mw51630 said:

Are you sure? That sounds pretty similar to how it already is.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    If its name is Puddington Bear, then it's a scam of epic proportions. Check his Steam ID profile and you will see that has been banned for scam several times in all kind of Steam-related domains A LOT of times

If its name is Puddington Bear, then it's a scam of epic proportions. Check his Steam ID profile and you will see that has been banned for scam several times in all kind of Steam-related domains A LOT of times

Might of been him. Kind of petty to try and troll people like that though.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    BRiiTASH2 said:

Might of been him. Kind of petty to try and troll people like that though.
    You are kinda lucky because he was reported to ask for very personal account infos behaving like a developer. Next time provide screenshots. Such episodes must be reported immediately to Steam first and CA after. This guy play with fire everytime-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,009
    For future reference: if a random opponent in any online game claims to be a developer and begins to divulge unreleased information you are being lied to. Full stop. The end.
    ò_ó
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,590
    No need to discuss further. Closed
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.