Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shattered Troops Capture Cities.

FredenFreden Senior MemberPosts: 237Registered Users
Please remove the possibility for > > > FLEEING ! ? ! < < < troops to capture city centers, just because of the direction my enemies flee in i have lost countless siege battles.
I do not want to babysit shattered enemies when i fight my siege battles, this is an absurd feature.

Comments

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,291Registered Users
    Shrug, leave a unit to defend your city centre.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Posts: 237Registered Users
    Nitros14 said:

Shrug, leave a unit to defend your city centre.

Of course but come on what do you think of the whole idea that a fleeing or shattered unit can capture enemy cap points?

Do you think it's an awesome mechanic or should it perhaps get removed?
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,291Registered Users
    I've never seen a shattered unit stay on the point long enough to cap. But have seen a routing unit rally inside your city and run to the centre.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 15,697Registered Users
    I've recently seen a routing unit break into my city, rally and proceed to attack my central plaza.

You'd think being so close to an enemy unit they'd keep routing...

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • HorseWithNoNameHorseWithNoName Posts: 869Registered Users
    I agree with OP, the game should check if a unit is routing/shattered when applying the capture point mechanic. While this comes up rarely in my experiance (for the most part, they either rally beforehand or are not long enough in the area to capture the point), it is pretty immersion breaking to have a unit running for its life capturing the city or even a gate (this happened to me at some point). Honestly, attacking units should not flee into the city period. If that could be managed, OP's problem would probably be solved anyway and it would help immersion. If there is a good reason to prefer the current setup, I don't see it.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Posts: 237Registered Users
    edited May 1
    Hi again,
    I feel i just have to clarify something here.

The capture and loss of battle occurs when a steady stream of enemy units is routing through my cap point, not only one single unit. For example if a 2 full stack enemy army attacks one of my cities this would sometimes occur. Unless i sacrifice one unit in the city center to simply just stand there and counter fleeing enemies routing through it in a steady stream. Sometimes you can ill afford this.

I am not saying this is a horribly difficult thing to prevent, i am merely questioning if this is a legitimate and logical mechanic that should remain in the game.

//Freden
  • kilijankilijan Junior Member Posts: 424Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

I've recently seen a routing unit break into my city, rally and proceed to attack my central plaza.

You'd think being so close to an enemy unit they'd keep routing...

Recently? Been a feature since the first time I played. A silly feature..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file