Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

1 AttilaHaving Issue w/ Flickering on Campaign Map

SpiritofthwWolfSpiritofthwWolf Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey guys. I am having an issue with my campaign map (and only the campaign map) flickering. When I first load up a campaign (either new or via save file), everything is fine. But as soon as my next turn rolls around, that's when it starts flickering. It looks kind of like a refresh rate issue, but I have not been able to find any way to resolve it, other than running the game in windowed mode. This wouldn't be a problem if doing so didn't make it bog down like a horsecart in mud.

I have never had any issues with any other Total War game, and I have everything from Empire to TW:Warhammer 2. This is legit the only one with a problem.

I have tried many, many, many potential fixes. Too many to list here, but here is a general, un-comprehensive list: validating the integrity of the game cache, lowering the game settings all the way, fiddling with every possible setting in Radeon Settings (I am running a Radeon R9 295x2 with the latest drivers), uninstalling and reinstalling, changing monitors, etc.

Nothing has worked, however, except put it into windowed mode, but again, doing so makes the game bog down so bad that it barely runs on anything but the lowest setting.

This issue has persisted since I got the game 2 years ago, and I've been trying to fix it off and on since. Up until now I've been content chalking it up as a loss and just playing the other games, but lately I've had a history itch for that particular chapter in history and figured I'd give troubleshooting the game another try. But I'm finally frustrated enough with it now to make a post here about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my system specs:

Proc.: AMD FX 9590 8-Core 4.7 gHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 GPU: AMD Radeon R9 295x2 w/ 8gb of GDD5 Vid Ram (4gb per GPU) Main Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster SA550 LED

I do have an HP LCD monitor as a secondary, but the game is on the main monitor only, and I do believe I had tried it with the other monitor disconnected at one point, to no avail.

Comments

• BubbliesBubblies Posts: 1Registered Users
    The problem is actually your graphics card, I used to run dual 295x2..
    It's a Crossfire card, Dual GPU card, it causes all kinds of flicking problems in TWW.
    Disable the first GPU core through AMD Catalyst and see if that solves it.
    I run 980ti in SLI now and have to disable one of them using only 1. And I run in Fullscreen.

That should solve it
  • SpiritofthwWolfSpiritofthwWolf Posts: 2Registered Users
    Bubblies said:

The problem is actually your graphics card, I used to run dual 295x2..
    It's a Crossfire card, Dual GPU card, it causes all kinds of flicking problems in TWW.
    Disable the first GPU core through AMD Catalyst and see if that solves it.
    I run 980ti in SLI now and have to disable one of them using only 1. And I run in Fullscreen.

That should solve it

I'll give that a shot at least, if I can figure out how to disable the one core again. I used to know how, but I think it's changed since I last did it, with the newer drivers. What's interesting I have absolutely no problems in any other game (including TWW, like you said).