Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grom the Paunch - The voice of the Waaa!

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,661
"Touched by the gods, he was the living embodiment of his peoples spirit of conquest. Standing on that cursed shore he had promised the horde new lands to conquer, new foes to slay, new treasures to loot. Grom had spoken and the horde belived him, for Grom spoke the thoughts their gods had placed in all their black hearts"

With a mighty roar the Goblins surged forward towards the cuaseway....

Soon the battle was over...

Tor Yvresse did not break.....

Four days after the Battle of the Plains, it happened...

Suddenly from out of the storm the Eltharions fleet came..

"No-one knows what happened to Grom. Some say he died of wounds inflicted by Eltharion when they met in the centre of battles maelstorm. Others say he lived and made his way to the haunted, magic-tainted mountains. Tales are told that he flew all the way back to the Old World mounted on Doomserpent. No-one knows for sure. He was never heard of again"

Such was the story of Grom the Fat of the Misty Mountains

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    *Waaagh!!!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    I dislike fat gobbos....

But I do like gobbo wolf riders :D
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,623
    *Walks in, sniffs the air, nods in approval, glares @SherShahSuri , shrugs and leaves*
  • steam_163059833445fFeAiWJsteam_163059833445fFeAiWJ Registered Users Posts: 109
    Gotta admit, Grom is one of my favourite greenskins next to Skaarsnik.
    I love dem underdogs.
  • Drexxel22Drexxel22 Registered Users Posts: 89
    This was a good "hype" post even if is not grom.... now i want it to be
    Team: Dark Elves and Bretonnia
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109

*Walks in, sniffs the air, nods in approval, glares @SherShahSuri , shrugs and leaves*

Listen 'ere chubbs... if youz were a lil more like dat Grimgor... iz wouldn't mind.... but youz gotta stop da cakes...
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    The Ladz are ready!
  • ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014
    WE'Z GUNNA PAINT ULFWON GREEN!
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,070
    Grom seems unlikely, but I'd love getting him as a DLC. "The Grim and the Girth"....bring it on.
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 864
    I want this! The Grim and DA PUNCH!
  • FandwickFandwick Registered Users Posts: 1
    Eltharion the Grim is my favourite character to grace the Warhammer world.
    Great idea to include both Grom and Eltharion (the traditional version...not the blind one) into the game. Also opens for a separate campaign addition much like they did with the Beastmen dlc.
    It would be a homage to Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition Game box.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,292
    Won't be a grom since that would require a new model. We're due 2 lord packs revolving around the new world races. Any free stuff is going to use preexisting resources.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,629
    Well, CA could easily to crossover lord packs between new world and old world races after the "mandatory" new world lord packs are done.

Depends on how many dlcs they have planned for wh2 and whether they are going to add any new factions (which are limited to fan fiction from this point on).

• PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 864
    Fandwick said:

Eltharion the Grim is my favourite character to grace the Warhammer world.
    Great idea to include both Grom and Eltharion (the traditional version...not the blind one) into the game. Also opens for a separate campaign addition much like they did with the Beastmen dlc.
    It would be a homage to Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition Game box.

I agree. It would be a brilliant way for encouraging cross world old/new conquest. It is rare as a high elf player to fight the Greenskins as Tyrion unless you head east very early as they tend to get wiped by the Dawi. You can fight them in the jungle but not the same. Having E for the HE is a great choice. New mount. Lore vs DE and Goblins... magic warrior. Grom would balance the Orc vs Goblin LL's too. Have him on his chariot and that's a cool model.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 647
    Reviving this post since it’s so awesome.

As a lover of greenskins this would be the perfect opportunity for CA to give the GS warhammer 2 Rites, balance updates, and some sick units while still focusing on the new world.

I don’t think it’ll be anything but a boon for players too stubborn to buy 1 as greenskin factions are in 2 and it would give them a chance to play a truly Legendary Lord for the faction with a huge shake up to Ulthuan’s rather unfairly but lore appropriate defensibility. Like aside from the Dark Elves, I’ve only ever seen Settra in ME truly invade and rek who ever is on Ulthuan but it’s always end game. Like I never really see norsca invade or anything it’s just DE mostly. This would shake up the HEs in a fun way (I also enjoy HE and DE factions tho **** WEs) give a fun and probably cheap and easy dlc for CA.

So I guess if Grom hopefully does get added I have a few questions:

1. Can he only lead goblin armies?
    2. Is there any intermediate mount that would be cool/appropriate for diehard fans? Like Settra’s last mount is his bad ass chariot but he gets a fun warsphinx as well what would work for Grom?
    3. Are there any cool “missing” GS units from TT/lore that would be a cool addition to the GS roster for Grom?
    4. Since the shaman is so cool and he’d def be a legendary hero, is there any sort of magic/school of magic (I know GS lol @ school) missing that could be added?
    5. Does that badass axe have a name? Like what Would his LL item quests me?
    6. Any awesome “missing” monsters?
    7. Possible starting place: Albion. Would that anger purists/lore fanatics? I’m thinking it’d be great location wise for him to have that as a province so he has to invade via fleet either Ulthuan for vortex from the east but in ME he could go wherever his enormous heart desires.

Im new to warhammer only having gotten into it this January when I got a new pc and both games but I’m obsessed with it now so excuse any dumb noob lore misunderstandings/conflations.

As I’ve explaibed on other threads, I apologize for the lack of conciseness. However, as a man nearing 30 this game takes me back to my preteen days of giddily rambling with the2 other neighborhood nerds about our imaginary Tolkien rip-off worlds we’d create in our heads and fight over. In other words this game makes me as chatty and gush-y as a hyper school girl stereotype on a lot of coffee lol so plz let ramble on and argue some more about this awesome gobbo!
  • ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014

Won't be a grom since that would require a new model. We're due 2 lord packs revolving around the new world races. Any free stuff is going to use preexisting resources.

You mean like Throgg's model?
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    dchip1 said:

1. Can he only lead goblin armies?

Lorewise, Grom was so powerful that he bullied Orcs into submission, though the majority of his WAAAGH! were Goblins.
    Gameplaywise, one could try and go for a middle ground between a full roster and Skarsnik's and say he only gets Orc boys, but no Big 'Uns, Black Orcs or Warbosses. But lorewise theres nothing stopping him from commanding Orcs.
    dchip1 said:

2. Is there any intermediate mount that would be cool/appropriate for diehard fans? Like Settra’s last mount is his bad ass chariot but he gets a fun warsphinx as well what would work for Grom?

Grom rides the orignally named "Grom's Chariot". A warwagon pulled by three wolves, and built from the ruins of a Temple of Ulric that he raized during his campaign in Middenland.
    dchip1 said:

3. Are there any cool “missing” GS units from TT/lore that would be a cool addition to the GS roster for Grom?

Tons - https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/bfssl1/my_and_your_idea_for_the_next_lord_pack_the/elg5wnu/

Though the most likely contenders based on Grom's overall theme would propably be

the Snotling Pumpwagon

River- or Stone Trolls

dchip1 said:

4. Since the shaman is so cool and he’d def be a legendary hero, is there any sort of magic/school of magic (I know GS lol @ school) missing that could be added?

Greenskins only cast spells from the 'Little Waaagh!' (Goblins) and 'Big Waaagh!' (Orcs) both of which are allready in the game. Grom's Shaman is speculated to have been an agent of Chaos, perhaps unknowingly so. but I really don't think hes gonna make an appearance one way or another.

Grom's real right-hand man was a Nightgoblin named 'Niblet' who survived being sat on by Grom and thus was made part of his retinue, carrying Grom's 'Lucky Banner' and riding along on his chariot. He'd propably be a unique follower.
    dchip1 said:

5. Does that badass axe have a name? Like what Would his LL item quests me?

Similarly to his chariot chariot, the axe is officially simply called "Axe of Grom" though sometimes refered to as "Elf-Biter". Hits like a beast and deals extra damage against Elves.
    dchip1 said:

6. Any awesome “missing” monsters?

Mangler Squigs most prominently.

Alternatively, the Collossal Squig

or Squig-Gobba

dchip1 said:

7. Possible starting place: Albion. Would that anger purists/lore fanatics? I’m thinking it’d be great location wise for him to have that as a province so he has to invade via fleet either Ulthuan for vortex from the east but in ME he could go wherever his enormous heart desires.

Not very likely to happen.
  • ScribeUntitledScribeUntitled Registered Users Posts: 3

Lorewise, Grom was so powerful that he bullied Orcs into submission, though the majority of his WAAAGH! were Goblins.
    Gameplaywise, one could try and go for a middle ground between a full roster and Skarsnik's and say he only gets Orc boys, but no Big 'Uns, Black Orcs or Warbosses. But lorewise theres nothing stopping him from commanding Orcs.

I believe that Grom actually had Black Orc Warbosses under his command when he invaded the Empire. No clue if they followed him to Ulthuan, but I think making it super cheap for Grom to field gobbos (since they flock to him in droves) would make more sense, rather than restricting his roster/making orcs more expensive.