Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressPerformance WQHD (2560x1440)

RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
edited May 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Hey,

I wanted to ask if you guys will make optimizations for WQHD or 4k? Myself playing in 2560x1400 resolution. Cant play on ultra on a gtx 1080 ti without stutters. I know its a 32bit game and that its the Attila engine. Just hoping you guys could do that in patches or so. Nvidia should also come along with a driver soon.

I play TW games since Shogun 1 and bought also all DLC's. Would love to see a patch or an optimising update for the group of players who play with higher resolution.

Thanks.
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• PathstriderPathstrider Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    Hmm - I’m playing on 1440, I can play on ultra at around 67-70 FPS with no stutter on a gtx 1080.

What’s your CPU like? I noticed Malaa was pushing my cpu.
  • SkyjackSkyjack Posts: 83Registered Users

Hmm - I’m playing on 1440, I can play on ultra at around 67-70 FPS with no stutter on a gtx 1080.

What’s your CPU like? I noticed Malaa was pushing my cpu.

I have your card and I’m also using 2560x1440 I get from 55-70 FPS on Ultra. MLAA seems to give better frames for me; pretty much the same as using no AA at all.

Best part is, it FEELS really smooth where Attila didn’t.

My CPU is a 4770k @ 4.7.
    Mlaa is faster for me, but it had a few big fps drops. Running msi afterburner, it was cause the main core it uses (core 1) was topping out at 100%. I've got a i7 7700k @ 4.4.

Switching to 2xaa dropped me to around 60fps but took the load off the cpu so was more consistent.

This matches what ive read about mlaa; if you have a nvidia card it runs it from the CPU. So i was wondering if the OP had something similar; the low frames coming from mlaa on the cpu despite his 1080ti.

Mlaa is faster for me, but it had a few big fps drops. Running msi afterburner, it was cause the main core it uses (core 1) was topping out at 100%. I've got a i7 7700k @ 4.4.

Switching to 2xaa dropped me to around 60fps but took the load off the cpu so was more consistent.

This matches what ive read about mlaa; if you have a nvidia card it runs it from the CPU. So i was wondering if the OP had something similar; the low frames coming from mlaa on the cpu despite his 1080ti.

Hmm. At our resolution can you even notice the difference between 2xaa and no aa? I’ve been temper to not use aa at all but for me, MLAA has been okay so far.
    edited May 2018
    I found mlaa noticeably blurry on the campaign map, but haven't tried no aa
    Post edited by Pathstrider on

I found mlaa noticably blurry on the campaign map, but haven tried no aa

At higher res, jagged edges are far less noticeable. Im gonna do some screen shot tests later and see if I even need AA at all.
  • RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
    Hey guys, well i had to change the AA. This was the reason. I just turned ingame AA off and turned nvidia settings AA on. I also use GEMfx.
    The only problem i have now is the shadows. Still look weird and blurry on Ultra. But its maybe the engine. Warhammer had better shadows.

Btw using 7700K 4.5 GHz.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 923Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited May 2018
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, we have passed this along to our QA team for further investigation. Though to assist us could you please provide us with the following files:

DXdiag
    Preferences Script
    Modified Log

If you are having issues with finding these files please refer to the link below:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/217713/guide-to-posting-in-performance-and-graphics#latest

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    Hey Nate,
    Build: newest Version (09.05.2018)

The modified log was empty and i couldnt attach it.

The shadows i turned off (because blurry, unsharp even on ultra). Also the ingame AA (performance).

Thank you. :)