Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedRandom crashes with buzzing sound

InsertCoffeeInsertCoffee Registered Users Posts: 5
edited May 2018 in Crashes
Build Number: 11479.1360569

During battles the game sometimes crashes and causes a buzzing sound in my headsets. There is no indication as to when or why it is happening from my end. Was monitoring the cpu and gpu temperatures and they are well within acceptables levels.
Using the newest gpu driver and windows is also up to date.

Read somewhere that it might be caused by a conflict between the nvidia audio drivers and the realtek ones that I'm using, so I reinstalled my nvidia drivers without the audiodrivers and disabled them in the device manager (since they still are available there for some reason). Didn't help though.

There is no minidump file created.

Had to put the modified.log into a zip folder otherwise it kept telling me the file failed to upload.

Thanks in advance
Post edited by Shieldhero90 on

Comments

• Shieldhero90Shieldhero90 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,053
    Hi @InsertCoffee

First I want to apologise this is occurring for you, but secondly thank you for providing us with all this information for us to investigate further.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Shieldhero90Shieldhero90 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,053
    Hi @InsertCoffee

Would you be able to let us know if this issue is still occurring for you and also if you have updated to the latest graphical drivers and also try with these:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/134118/en-uk

Version: 397.64 WHQL
    Release Date: 2018.5.9
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • InsertCoffeeInsertCoffee Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thank you for getting back to me.

Have installed the drivers you mentioned. I have also previously read online that the energy savings setting that shuts of the hard drive after a while can cause such a crash, so I had disabled that beforehand. Since the previous upgrade of my gpu drivers hasn't changed anything, I kept that turned off (and the mentioned audio driver "solution" as well).

Have only been able to test it for about 3 hours so far, but no crash. But since the crashes were really random to begin with I'm not sure if its solved or if I simply got "lucky".
    Hi @InsertCoffee

Well I'm glad that it is working so far for you, I'm going to mark this solved for now but if the issue returns please let us know so we can reopen the thread.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

• InsertCoffeeInsertCoffee Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2018
    Turns out I was indeed just lucky. It's still happening. Sorry.

Reinstalled the drivers and the game as well. No change.

Still only happening during battles, hasn't happened on the campaign map yet.

In terms of work load (which I'm always concerned could be the culprit when anything goes wrong) there is not really something noticable. It happened during big battles and during tiny ones. Sometimes right at the start, sometimes in the middle of it. Can't really find a pattern. Temperature the same.

Worth mentioning that I can run warhammer 2 and rome 2 without problems (hopefully I didn't jinx it now), it's only happening during thrones and attila.

PS: Also tried the new beta patch. But no change.
    Post edited by InsertCoffee on